Does it worth?

NJKhsdf81

Hello guys!

This game is very-very cheap in PS Store, but does it worth? I mean, the gameplay, the action, how long or boring, etc.. I played DA:I on PC, and i really liked it but my PC wasnt enough for a real experience. I also played Origins but i didn't like it. Please help, or should I buy Inquistion?! But that's too damn large.. 19GB

its good I mean I did a lot of the side quests some are stupid and some are good or cool but the world wasn't as big as origins I mean yeah your in a city that's big but it isn't like different locations like they had in origins there are characters that returnut just so you know this game goes through years not like day after day say like fallout or skyrim if you understand what im meaning i mean i like it i have it on xbox but the story isn't as good as orgins like in the beginning its starts you in fereldan which if you remember the darkspawn where overrunning im leaving at there cause it would spoil a little but yeah i say its worth it.

The action is an improvement over the first one.

Other than missing Leilana and Morrigan I liked the characters in DA2 better overall, and some of their interactions are pretty humorous.

The friendship/rivalry system is more interesting than in the first one as well.

The plat is definitely more complicated than the DA:O one. Mainly due to the Supplier trophy. You'll need two play throughs or making backup saves to get both sides of all the story quests just like the first one.

The story is decent but not quite as good as #1. The main issue is that the game takes place in 3 acts, with a couple years separating each one. This means you go to the exact same buildings, caves and mountain paths 3 different times, with diff encounters and enemies but still, it can get a little stale.

All in all I enjoyed it and it's def worth picking up on sale if you enjoy this sort of game.

Well, thanks for the help guys!

I give this game a try, it's just 3,99Ł. If I won't like.. well, no one will beat the game 'cause my brother doesn't like this type of games. He's often playing with Fifa, BF, Destiny, GT6 and LBP. But i'll definietly buy DA: Inquiston, i saw a few videos how the game running on PS3, and I think that's okay.

Dragon Age offers quite an interesting franchise.

Keep in mind that Bioware, who's also behind Mass Effect, made these games.

You can compare it to a medievil fantasy Mass Effect, but that would discredit both franchises since they both have no equal.

Most people prefer DA Origins over DA II, however I think that - as a series- you should play them all.

They all have their merits and flaws.

Each game has improved the gameplay and story, but each game has less real *impacting* choices.

But that's just my opinion.

• 1 month later...

I hated playing Origins.. Love the story, but so so boring... and the Platinum geez....only got it recently, when i finally got the courage to play it a 3rd time...

Dragon Age II in the other hand i've played it 4 times i guess, a few years back... The worst for me was to achieve Platinum, not beacuse it was hard, but i couldnt stand siding with the Templars...Bah so many awfull decisions on that walktrough...

Im playing it again and i still love it...This time, no siding with Templars... and bough the Legacy DLC... thought it would be nice, before i buy Inquisition!

Point is: Totally worth It.

Edited by Alvaro-M27

• 4 months later...

If you are an action based RPG player whos looking for a decent story/characters with many dialogue options then go for it eyes closed! Its a bit more complex than DA:O ( which i just finished ) so its a bit harder to get the platinum (especially without a guide). You gonna see some interesting characters and character development. The dialogue options are vast and they have an effect on the plot. The combat system has been improved a lot and the graphics are so much greater than DA:O. On the other hand, the dungeon maps lack in variety and you have only one set of weapons through shortcut ( 2 in DA:O) but these drawbacks dont affect the gameplay too much and pale in comparison to what its offering. If you are looking for  a DA:O clone then join the haters queue. Most of the DLC is great by the way!

louk76.png

Edited by louk76

• 2 years later...

Finished it about a week ago for the first time and it was a pretty cool game. Really liked new combat system, a lot more action now. Also there were some nice characters and good quests. Of course the game have some flaws like lack of locations, similar dungeons, but it still is a really nice game which I enjoyed very much.

Edited by Beast_1985

• 4 months later...
On 8/6/2015 at 6:53 AM, NJKhsdf81 said:

Hello guys!

This game is very-very cheap in PS Store, but does it worth? I mean, the gameplay, the action, how long or boring, etc.. I played DA:I on PC, and i really liked it but my PC wasnt enough for a real experience. I also played Origins but i didn't like it. Please help, or should I buy Inquistion?! But that's too damn large.. 19GB

i liked it. 2 things to note is study the trophy guide. theres a certain trophy i cant remember what it was but if you dont have a good save at a certain point you could spend a verrryyyyy long time just getting 1 trophy. luckily i had a backup save on my usb where i could go back to get it. the other thing to note is if you get the dlc there has been a huge problem for alot of people that the dlc doesnt show up on the map so you cant play it. to resolve this restore the license on your playstation in the settings and it should then appear. it drove me insane trying to get the dlc to work. time, its not going to be fast. but its pretty fun. i remember a few fights were extremely hard and i had to stop and try a diff day. its also a bit glitchy in some areas but runs smoother then origins. for the sale price it usually is its totally worth it

bah edit, i was talking about inquisition.

but yah the other is worth it to. just alot of saves to pick sides for the trophies

Edited by melodicmizery

• 2 months later...

I finished main quest yesterday. It took one month to complete. Act 1 was exciting.  The response of the button is much faster than dragon age origins. The sounds of thunder and wind are so real that I felt like I was inside of the game. The most exciting place is deep road exploration. After Act 1 I expected to go to new area but actually was same location which was a little bit disappointing. I felt it is enough to complete one or two quests per day during Act 2.  Boss fight of hybris is challenging and not straight forward.  I recommend to fight with it.  It is so fun. I met Zarban and  Alister which made me happy. Anders can become a party member. Lounge the hang man is relaxing atmosphere. Act 3 is longer than expected it took more than two nights without sleeping to complete. 

• Like 1