This game is garbage!

TakeaShower__

Pre-ordering games is already extremely foolish, but pre-ordering Godzilla? Why??? They have gameplay & trailers that show off just how bad the game is.

At least Joe delivered a funny + entertaining review... That's the best thing that came from this game.

• Like 2

It's ......................................................................................................................................

You can replace the dots with any bad word you want. Go ahead you can even add extra dots.It's all free too.

• Like 1

There's still people who watch AngryJoe? Lol. 

It's a okay game for me, not garbage at all as most reviews say. I agree $50 is too much for a port. 

Yeah, Angryjoe has entertaining reviews, most of the time he points out good and bad points well. 

Honest and no bullshit. 

I don't see why viewing his content is embarrassing unlike watching Pewdiepie and other live streamers scream into your ears.

----------------------

I think only a Godzilla die hard fan will play this game.

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 1

Meh. High asking price aside, I thought the game was fine enough. It was as bare bones as you can get, but I personally can't find anything fundamentally wrong with it. Then again, I enjoyed Sonic '06, Duke Nukem Forever, Deadly Premonition, and the Neptunia series, so my opinion probably doesn't hold much water.

Really, this game seems more suited for an arcade release than a home console one. From its level progression to its "just wreck shit" gameplay, it just screams as something that you pay fifty cents for, screw around for maybe twenty minutes, and then wonder where the hell The House of the Dead 2 is at.

As a side note, I have no regrets pre-ordering this game whatsoever, and still don't see why pre-ordering is seen as some ungodly sin against gaming. I couldn't care less what people want to spend their money on, I'm not benefiting from it regardless of whether or not they decide to do it.

Edited by godzillaboy100
  • Like 1

As a side note, I have no regrets pre-ordering this game whatsoever, and still don't see why pre-ordering is seen as some ungodly sin against gaming. I couldn't care less what people want to spend their money on, I'm not benefiting from it regardless of whether or not they decide to do it.

To answer your side-note, I think pre-ordering is dangerous because it makes the people marketing the game more important to the publishers than the game's developers. Publishers want to sell tonnes of copies of their game (of course). In addition, there have been studies that have shown that marketing budget has a greater impact on sales than review scores do. The temptation for publishers is therefore to allocate a huge amount of money to the marketing of the game, and care less about the game itself. 

By choosing to buck this trend and avoid pre-ordering, some players are trying to re-balance this equation in the publisher's eyes and get them to worry more about making good games than they are about selling mediocre ones. 

To answer your side-note, I think pre-ordering is dangerous because it makes the people marketing the game more important to the publishers than the game's developers. Publishers want to sell tonnes of copies of their game (of course). In addition, there have been studies that have shown that marketing budget has a greater impact on sales than review scores do. The temptation for publishers is therefore to allocate a huge amount of money to the marketing of the game, and care less about the game itself. 

By choosing to buck this trend and avoid pre-ordering, some players are trying to re-balance this equation in the publisher's eyes and get them to worry more about making good games than they are about selling mediocre ones. 

But at that point, it's not the process of pre-ordering that's at fault, it's the developers/publishers who abuse it. Why try to boycott the entire thing instead of just those who take advantage of it? For example, we all know EA is willing to release a broken/unfinished game because of both Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4. If you've been burned by them because you pre-ordered these games, the logical thing to do is to stop pre-ordering EA games. If you instead choose to never pre-order any game ever again, more power to you, but to use that as a reason to tell other people never to pre-order games is just stupid.

Marketing plays a huge role in sales these days, but do you really think the absence of pre-ordering would change any of that? It's not like people don't still buy games day one even though they didn't pre-order. Even then, pre-orders don't guarantee sales. At GameStop, if you place a payment on a game but don't pick it up the next few days after release, they'll put that copy up for sale and transfer your money into in-store credit, meaning the publishers get zip. Hell, if your main concern is that over-focus on marketing for a game you're interested in might detract from the quality, you could pre-order the game to insure a copy (in the extremely unlikely case that you wouldn't be able to find the game if you didn't), wait a day or two for people to upload gameplay, determine whether or not it's worth your money, then pick-up or cancel the order depending on the outcome. All it requires is a little effort on the consumer side to avoid these malpractices.

The answer to re-balancing the equation of marketing and quality is not necessarily to not pre-order, but just to not buy the damn game. These people raving on about the horrors of pre-ordering should be promoting "buyer beware," and not "buyer be paranoid and cynical as fuck." I just don't understand adopting the thought process of, "I'd better not pre-order anything because it'll probably be crap," over, "I should just not buy games that'll probably be crap." Why specify pre-ordering? The publishers you describe are feeding off of the ignorance of consumers, that much is true, but we live in the age of the internet. If you don't bother to do any research on a game/developer/publisher beforehand and go in buying a game with absolutely no idea of what it is, only to receive a disappointing and mediocre product, you really don't have anyone else to blame but yourself.

Whatever happened to just good ol' speaking with your wallet? Why arbitrarily pin it down to pre-ordering? It all leads to the exact same conclusion: not buying something you don't like. Why complicate the concept? Sorry to say, but if marketing decreasing game quality is really your big concern, vowing not to pre-order or telling others not to isn't going to change a damn thing. Huge marketing and promotion is kind of half the point of AAA gaming. I'm going off the assumption you're issue with marketing is mainly about AAA titles since AA titles hardly ever overly promote and niche titles are...well, niche. Marketing over gameplay for niche games is practically suicide.

Short Answer: There's practically no reason to pick on pre-ordering when there's practically every reason to pick on day one or blind purchases.

• Like 3

But at that point, it's not the process of pre-ordering that's at fault, it's the developers/publishers who abuse it. Why try to boycott the entire thing instead of just those who take advantage of it? For example, we all know EA is willing to release a broken/unfinished game because of both Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4. If you've been burned by them because you pre-ordered these games, the logical thing to do is to stop pre-ordering EA games. If you instead choose to never pre-order any game ever again, more power to you, but to use that as a reason to tell other people never to pre-order games is just stupid.

Marketing plays a huge role in sales these days, but do you really think the absence of pre-ordering would change any of that? It's not like people don't still buy games day one even though they didn't pre-order. Even then, pre-orders don't guarantee sales. At GameStop, if you place a payment on a game but don't pick it up the next few days after release, they'll put that copy up for sale and transfer your money into in-store credit, meaning the publishers get zip. Hell, if your main concern is that over-focus on marketing for a game you're interested in might detract from the quality, you could pre-order the game to insure a copy (in the extremely unlikely case that you wouldn't be able to find the game if you didn't), wait a day or two for people to upload gameplay, determine whether or not it's worth your money, then pick-up or cancel the order depending on the outcome. All it requires is a little effort on the consumer side to avoid these malpractices.

The answer to re-balancing the equation of marketing and quality is not necessarily to not pre-order, but just to not buy the damn game. These people raving on about the horrors of pre-ordering should be promoting "buyer beware," and not "buyer be paranoid and cynical as fuck." I just don't understand adopting the thought process of, "I'd better not pre-order anything because it'll probably be crap," over, "I should just not buy games that'll probably be crap." Why specify pre-ordering? The publishers you describe are feeding off of the ignorance of consumers, that much is true, but we live in the age of the internet. If you don't bother to do any research on a game/developer/publisher beforehand and go in buying a game with absolutely no idea of what it is, only to receive a disappointing and mediocre product, you really don't have anyone else to blame but yourself.

Whatever happened to just good ol' speaking with your wallet? Why arbitrarily pin it down to pre-ordering? It all leads to the exact same conclusion: not buying something you don't like. Why complicate the concept? Sorry to say, but if marketing decreasing game quality is really your big concern, vowing not to pre-order or telling others not to isn't going to change a damn thing. Huge marketing and promotion is kind of half the point of AAA gaming. I'm going off the assumption you're issue with marketing is mainly about AAA titles since AA titles hardly ever overly promote and niche titles are...well, niche. Marketing over gameplay for niche games is practically suicide.

Short Answer: There's practically no reason to pick on pre-ordering when there's practically every reason to pick on day one or blind purchases.

I agree with a lot of what you said. However, a lot of your comments are only relevant to physical retail outlets. Can you cancel a digital pre-order via PSN? I've never tried to pre-order on PSN, so I honestly don't know. If you can't cancel, then that invalidates a lot of what you said, at least as regards those people who chose to buy there. 

Also, online retailers usually ship out the discs in advance so that the buyer receives the game on launch day. If that shipment occurs before the review embargo has lifted, then those players don't have the chance to cancel either. (Although they may be able to return it depending on the law in their jurisdiction.)

Just to clarify, I do pre-order games where I have faith in the developers. Recent experience (e.g. Watch_Dogs and Unity) has taught me not to pre-order willy-nilly like I used to though. I usually pre-order everything I'm interested in from Amazon because they'll only charge you whatever the lowest price is between when you pre-order and release. I cancel any games I'm not sure about e.g. Batman: AK recently, nearer the release date and once more info is available. 

Another point that I forgot about when I made my earlier post is that a number of gamers object to the "pre-order bonus", where retailers get exclusive missions and content for the game which can only be accessed if you pre-order with them (at least at launch). Those gamers feel that this content should be available in the main game and that it is an exploitative practice.

Edit: My first post mentioned Steam vis-a-vis digital pre-orders. Of course, there are now Steam refunds, so that's not an issue.

Edited by StrickenBiged

Meh. High asking price aside, I thought the game was fine enough. It was as bare bones as you can get, but I personally can't find anything fundamentally wrong with it. Then again, I enjoyed Sonic '06, Duke Nukem Forever, Deadly Premonition, and the Neptunia series, so my opinion probably doesn't hold much water.

Really, this game seems more suited for an arcade release than a home console one. From its level progression to its "just wreck shit" gameplay, it just screams as something that you pay fifty cents for, screw around for maybe twenty minutes, and then wonder where the hell The House of the Dead 2 is at.

Somehow I feel like youre a little biased. Might have something to do with your name maybe

• Like 1