PS+ prices to rise (EU only so far)

StrickenBiged

I think it's pretty stupid to buy the 1 or 3 month PS plus subs anyway unless you have never had it before and just want to try it. Even then it is way cheaper in the long run if you end up liking the service. This is a little weird though considering the 1 and 3 month subs are already kinda pricey as is. I mean for just $30 more than a 3 month you can get a year and get 9 more months. But I digress

GRRR! 

First they shit on us by taking PS Home away from people who've spent quite a cumulative amount of money on it over the time it was active in the EU through affordable microtransactions, now they do it again by unfairly raising the prices without increasing the service we get to match what North American PS gamers get! It's not on! Seriously, this will be worst for the poorest gamers, yet again. I'm tired of being shat on by the industry. I don't even buy new games anymore unless I save up & pre-order for the benefit of free day one DLC - and that's rare. Lightning Returns, Xillia 2 and Zestiria are the only games I've pre-ordered in the past 18 months, maybe 2 years.

I can't remember whether I'm on quarterly or annual payments... guess I'll have to check. Asshats.

As for poverty-stricken gamers needing to "get their lives in order"... Please do remember that some of us live on disability benefit and have very few options to improve our lot. I game because it stops me going insane while stuck lying flat on morphine day after day. My income isn't going to increase and I don't have an option of making it do so; all I can do is save up the annual sub through the year, if I can manage to do so. And even that's not always a sure thing with a powerchair and an apartment to run.

I buy yearly too, much better value for money. I also stopped getting UK PS+ last year and started buying US PS+ and dollar cards on ebay because the service is much better across the pond. There's more discounts and Flash sales, and it works out cheaper. A year's PS+ cost me about £35 last year, rather than the £39.99 or so it costs.

Everyone should buy the yearly subscriptions anyways. it saves you a lot more than purchasing 12 one month or 4 three months.

I used to do this but with the stuff we get lately and support. I know something better to do for myself: Not renewing PS+ in 01-2016.

Edited by Rayxtr

Like... seriously?

Is there a point? I don't know many people who would actually buy 3 months subscriptions o.O

I mean... people who want save storage plus buy year subs and those who only want games buy 1 month...

Well, okay, Sony, if you think it's good and it brings more people to year subs, good for you?

Not all of the people who buy 3 month subscriptions will buy them every 3 months, they may only buy 2 per year and Sony are trying to push those people onto the 1 year subscription by making it look more attractive to them cost wise.

There are two easy ways to do this...

1. Make the annual subscription cheaper.

Or..

2. Make the quarterly subscriptions more expensive to make the user spend more on the yearly deal cos they think they will be getting a better deal (which they are).

Win for Sony, win for customer...

PS plus prices should be going down, not up. They still haven't fixed the bottlenecking issues they're supposed to be investigating, no one should have to pay extra for that ._.

If people buy the yearly subscription they would not be paying any extra.

As we know, PS+ works out at less that £1 per week, and when you consider what you actually get for that £1 I think it's incredible value for money.

Is it EU though? Everywhere I'm seeing they talk about pounds, even when I got a warning that the subscription will go up, it says pounds. As far as I know, the UK have pounds, we in the mainland have Euros.

http://www.gamesradar.com/uk-based-short-subscription-ps-plus-about-cost-you-more/

The Pushsquare article I linked in my OP suggests the 3 month sub is going up in Mainland Europe. But only £ prices have been announced so far AFAIK.

I used to do this but with the stuff we get lately and support. I know something better to do for myself: Not renewing PS+ in 01-2016.

Sony needs to improve their support a lot. Especially on the Vita. I hate to see an amazing handheld system go to shit because of it's game library not appealing to the majority of gamers.

It does have an impressive library and there's a lot of things I'd love to play on it but most of them are Japan imports and I can't read Japanese and reading would be very essential in VN's, some RPG's, and other games that relies heavily on story and options. I mean I'm sure I can navigate through a japanese call of duty lol. All they have to do is create a few AAA games that would probably be ass anyways but would appeal to the majority of people so it could sell more and developers can stop being so iffy on making games for it. 

Just pay Capcom for more than it's worth to bring a Monster Hunter game. I just got MH4U for 3DS to play with my friend and haven't gotten far and so far it's meh, but it's basically the most overhyped game in Japan so it would make Vita sell like hotcakes.

Anyways, now that I got that sort of unrelated thing out of the way, I will still renew because most of the games I play are from Plus because I don't have much money to go towards games. Living the college life now. If the games on my list aren't from Plus, then they are borrowed from my cousin or played on his PS3 before I got my own very recently. 

The only games I remember actually buying are:

Plants vs Zombies (Had $5 left over from a PSN card and was given a $10 promo so why not)

Resistance Burning Skies/Wipeout 2048/Unit13 (Came with a second used Vita I bought)

J-Stars Victory Vs+ (My cousin and I bought this together. Story meh, free battle doesn't disappoint [main reason I bought it anyways])

Rainbow Moon (Missed it on Plus and it was $3 and looked great and love it so far. Story meh but I like me some SRPG's)

Legend of Korra (On sale for $6 and looks cool so I figured why not)

A few games are people just played on my account and happened to get some trophies on so I'm stuck with them.