How's this game on PS3?

Hi. I have it, played 30 or so hours of it and while I like it, I would definitely recommend getting it on PS4 if you can. The character faces look pretty bad, and the framerate has dropped quite a bit certain times. It's not unplayable, but there are far more RPGs on PS3 worth getting over this, or waiting to get it on PS4. :)

EDIT: Seeing how you don't have Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning on your profile, I'd say you should give that a shot as it is a fantastic RPG with great combat and many unique environments, plus faction quests, etc. It's a shame the studio shut down but the game is fantastic.

Edited by McJacs2
  • Like 1

Another reason to get Inquisition on PS4 instead of PS3 is that the DLC is only going to come out on the current generation console.  There's no longer any support for PS3 in that area.... and while you might hate Inquisition from trying it and not care for the DLC, you might wish to leave that particular option open if you play it.

I do agree with McJacs2 on another issue, however:  Kingdoms of Amalur is an awesome game (albeit a bit repetitive when it comes to sidequests and the like) and worth playing in its own right.

• Like 2

Well,if the ps3 version hasn't really bad problems I might get it sooner or later since I don't plan on getting a PS4 anytime soon.I'm not a fan of DLCs anyway so that is not really a problem.Since both you guys suggested Kingdoms of Amalur I'm definitely gonna try it and see how it is by myself

It plays well enough. Sure, you can't compare PS3 version to PS4 version, why would you. If the 2 versions were more or less alike, then the whole "next-generation-thing" would be for nothing. I played and platinumed the PS4 version last year, and being a fan of RPGs in general, I've gotten the PS3 version recently. I'm less than 10 hours into the game but so far, it doesn't play much differently. I even play the unpatched version so that I may take advantage of pre-patch issues. But I also played the patched version for a few hours and that plays even better. Truth be told, not that much of a difference. So if you're not getting a PS4 anytime soon, you won't miss much (and you can still get the PS4 version later, it will be available for years to come). And at least one DLC with trophies made it to the PS3 version (and that's even a cross-buy!). So it's still worth if you're getting the game at a good price.

By the way, having played both versions, I can honestly say: the graphics aren't that much different. Strolling through the PS3 world is still very impressive, and the character faces aren't that bad.

Funny side note: Just beware if you apply make-up on your character. Even if you're careful with putting on blush, eye shadow etc., your ingame character's make-up looks a bit more intense. I had that cute blonde elven woman that I put some make-up on. Ingame, she suddenly looked like a drag! Needless to say, I started over again with even more descrete make-up...!

EDIT: ok more than 30 hours into the game (just gotten to Skyhold), unfortunately the game froze on me on several occasions. Freeze always occurred when auto-saving, and that auto-save file got corrupted during freeze. So for the moment I'm doing lots of manual saves to be on the safe side. I suppose the crashes are related to my playing an unpatched version. Will patch it up once I'm done with the Nightmare playthrough to compare.

Edited by Theophobos
  • Like 2

Another reason to get Inquisition on PS4 instead of PS3 is that the DLC is only going to come out on the current generation console.  There's no longer any support for PS3 in that area.... and while you might hate Inquisition from trying it and not care for the DLC, you might wish to leave that particular option open if you play it.

I do agree with McJacs2 on another issue, however:  Kingdoms of Amalur is an awesome game (albeit a bit repetitive when it comes to sidequests and the like) and worth playing in its own right.

This is completely false. I'm on the PS3 PS Store and Inquisition has 6 DLC packs available to download for the PS3 - 3 of which are free. 

No Anime, There is no new dlc content for DA:I after Joh. Those were mp maps and, BE (black emporium), avaar or quanari (Can't remember off top of head, think avaar though) weapons/armor/mounts. No sp story dlc. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/07/future-dragon-age-inquisition-dlc-wont-hit-ps3-or-xbox-360

Edited by Not_like_therest
  • Like 1

No Anime, There is no new dlc content for DA:I after Joh. Those were mp maps and, BE (black emporium), avaar or quanari (Can't remember off top of head, think avaar though) weapons/armor/mounts. No sp story dlc. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/07/future-dragon-age-inquisition-dlc-wont-hit-ps3-or-xbox-360

Ah okay. I see now. It's kind of shitty for BioWare to do that. Releasing a few DLC packs on last gen and then completely fucking them over."Oh hey. You support our game on PS3? Oh well. All new content is next gen only! Hahaha!" It's not like everyone can afford an XB1 or PS4.

Ah okay. I see now. It's kind of shitty for BioWare to do that. Releasing a few DLC packs on last gen and then completely fucking them over."Oh hey. You support our game on PS3? Oh well. All new content is next gen only! Hahaha!" It's not like everyone can afford an XB1 or PS4.

I understand it. When I was platting it, my ps3 fan would kick on high and there were frame rate drops quite a bit. Plus after about 5 hours your ps3 makes this beeping noise to let you know it is getting overheated. I had to save, quit and restart if I played it too long. I would certainly not make 2 runs like I did on ps4....let alone 3 or 4 to play every class. (Though it isn't a trophy like previous games) But it is a bioware game and they are typically good games to do more than 2 playthroughs on just for the fun of it, their fan base knows this and expects equal quality.

So you remember all those complaints about DA 2? Same amount could be made about the technical/gameplay issues instead of story/dungeon maps, etc.

Edited by Not_like_therest

When I was platting it, my ps3 fan would kick on high and there were frame rate drops quite a bit. Plus after about 5 hours your ps3 makes this beeping noise to let you know it is getting overheated. I had to save, quit and restart if I played it too long. I would certainly not make 2 runs like I did on ps4....let alone 3 or 4 to play every class.

I can't confirm that. Meanwhile I've gotten the Inquisitor trophy, thus I patched the game up. But neither pre-patched nor after patch the game ever had fan issues. In fact, I somewhat enjoy playing the PS3 version more. My PS4's fan would go all crazy while playing. Almost had the impression my PS4 was about to lift off... PS3 is more silent, can enjoy the game slightly more. I guess these are personal things and hardly describe any general issue.

I can't confirm that. Meanwhile I've gotten the Inquisitor trophy, thus I patched the game up. But neither pre-patched nor after patch the game ever had fan issues. In fact, I somewhat enjoy playing the PS3 version more. My PS4's fan would go all crazy while playing. Almost had the impression my PS4 was about to lift off... PS3 is more silent, can enjoy the game slightly more. I guess these are personal things and hardly describe any general issue.

Suppose that's true. My ps3 is a pre-own. My ps4 was super noisy on a lot of games though but never had any problems with it despite this I picked up a vertical stand with a fan off Amazon for $20. DA:I was the only one I played on ps3 where I had any issues though, even post patch....