Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wildstwawberries

Easy Trophy games on PS Now?

34 posts in this topic

I just got my 7 day free trial for PS now And so far Ive been getting thorugh the crappy constant disconnections and mooching on some free trophies. I'm gonna platinum TWD PS3 and I've almost got the plat for Wheel of Fortune (guilty Pleasure) ive also tapped into the easy trophies of PAcman sadknwalknskdwa DX something

Any other games with easy fast trophies on this service?

ive also tapped into the easy trophies of PAcman sadknwalknskdwa DX something

Best game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Now_games

Any under the subscription model should be included (I believe).  Looking up some of the trophy guides, I'd start at animated/kids/movie games like Ben-10, Lego Batman 2 and Madagascar.  There's quite a few on that list that you should be able to power through really fast for Plats (where offered).

This may eventually make me get PS Now for a little while. Getting tons of easy trophies very cheap. :P

I'm personally waiting to do this during The last week of December/first week of January.

I have an entire week off then. No school, no work, nothing. That means an entire 7 days of just focusing of trophies from PS Now.

I'm also hoping by then they have Vita and PS4 games, I believe they said they're planning for that soon. iirc all games on it now are PS3.

Hopefully they'll have TWD for Vita as well so I can double plat it.

Wait, so how does PS Now work?

I second this question. I always thought it was a rental based service. Where you rent each game at a determined rate. From what I've seen, it's grossly over priced.

Definitely Pacman Championship Edition DX.  :)

This.

I second this question. I always thought it was a rental based service. Where you rent each game at a determined rate. From what I've seen, it's grossly over priced.

That's basically what it is. It's a digital streaming service, where you can rent games to stream.

I did Rise of the guardians during my 7 day trial.

That's basically what it is. It's a digital streaming service, where you can rent games to stream.

Just to elaborate a tiny bit, it streams PS3 titles to your Sony device (this includes PS4/PS3/Vita, some Sony TVs and some Sony bluray players).  As the hardware doing the processing is elsewhere, your device is really only processing the video signal.  You login to your PSN account and play the games and get the trophies - keep in mind all trophies and saves will be for the device you're streaming from (aka - PS3 only, for now) and not what you use to play the games on.  This is relevant for games like Walking Dead where you can't import your Season 1 save from now onto a Vita or PS4 for Season 2.

Aside from that, it works like any other rental system where you can rent games individually or pay a little more for a monthly rental and have access to the subscription line-up (which is limited to a certain number of available games).

Wait, so how does PS Now work?

PS Now is an overpriced Netflix but for videogames. As of now it is PS3 only titles, but they have plans to add PS Vita and even PS4 games soon.

It works by streaming the game to your Vita, PS3, or PS4. PS Now can be used on all of these consoles.

What people are talking about here is the free 7 day trial Sony gives you for PS Now. It's a basically getting the full subscription for 7 days, as the trial has no limits except that it is a trial lasting only 7 days.

Because it is so overpriced, it's the only bit of PS Now most people use. And its a great way to rack up trophies for games on the subscription list that you wouldn't otherwise buy.

PS Now offers subscriptions games and rent games. That is to say, the monthly rental gets you access to all games that are subscription based for as long as you have the subscription.

The rent per game, lets you rent the game for a limited amount of time, there are like 4 or 5 options for times and price increases with more time, and then you can play the game for that amount of time.

I personally am waiting for more easy games to come to the subscription part of PS Now, and for them to add Vita and PS4 games as well so I can take full advantage of the 7 day trial and get as many trophies for games I don't want to buy. I'm also waiting for a week where I am fully off as I have mentioned before.

Here's my personal opinion on PS Now for no reason at all. Great idea and service implemented with terrible pricing and choices. All games should be available through the subscription in my opinion and the pricing should be more like Netflix pricing. I think 10 a month would have been great.

Do any ps now game allow acces to dlc?

Do any ps now game allow acces to dlc?

Can't confirm but I heard some do and some don't.

If it says GOTY edition or Ultimate edition, it does. The games on their are like how they would be on disc or digital.

i.e. Borderlands 2 GOTY on PS Now would have all DLC but Sound Shapes on PS Now may or may not, up to the developers but it will most likely not.

Games used as pure example only, don't know if they're on PS Now.

There's a couple of short 100% games on ps now, but no plats I noticed. The only thing I did on my free trial was get the 30 dlc trophies for saints row 3, since I no longer own the game.

I wouldn't recommend trying to platinum games on PS now because

a)it uses a lot of bandwidth

b)the input lag is intolerable most of the time (esp. in first-person shooters)

c)I haven't been able to play any multiplayer with any of the games

Edited by Your_Restrain

There is no option for a Free trial when I try to access it, and when I try on my computer it says link is invalid grrr.

I would advise that you avoid PS now. If it flops like I hope it does they will be forced to implement bc.

I would advise that you avoid PS now. If it flops like I hope it does they will be forced to implement bc.

You mean to tell me a Lootcrate monthly subscription (same price) is more valuable than a month of PS+? It's pretty much Netflix, but $10 more. For as many games as you wish to play. Yes the connection can be finnicky, but I only noticed very brief glimpses of it. Then again my internet is extremely powerful. But all I can report are my own findings. 

And if people love Netflix so much, I have a hard time understanding why PS Now for $10 more is so disgusting.

Is it possible to get the free trail on a ps3 system?

There's a couple of short 100% games on ps now, but no plats I noticed. The only thing I did on my free trial was get the 30 dlc trophies for saints row 3, since I no longer own the game.

What????

Alone in the Dark: Inferno

Alpha Protocol

Anomaly: Warzone Earth

Arcana Heart 3

Batman: Arkham City

Ben 10: Omniverse

Ben 10: Omniverse 2

BioShock Infinite

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend

Bound by Flame

Darksiders

Darksiders 2

Dead Island

Dead Island: Riptide

Dead or Alive 5

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

de Blob 2

Dirt 3

Dirt: Showdown

Dynasty Warriors 7

Earth Defense Force 2025

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

F1 2013

Final Fantasy XIII

God of War: Ascension

God of War HD

God of War II HD

Grid 2

Grid Autosport

Guacamelee!

Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

Ico

Infamous

Infamous 2

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Killzone 3

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Madagascar 3: The Video Game

Metal Slug 2

MotoGP 13

MotorStorm: Apocalypse

MX vs. ATV Reflex

MX vs. ATV Supercross

NASCAR '14

NBA 2K14

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Overlord II

Overlord: Raising Hell

Port Royale 3: Gold

Rainbow Moon

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

Record of Agarest War

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

Saints Row 3

Saints Row 4

Shadow of the Colossus

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Sniper Elite V2

Sonic Generations

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

The King of Fighters XIII

The Last of Us

The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief

The Sly Collection (Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3)

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Warhawk

XCOM: Enemy Within

That's over 80 games with a Platinum trophy from the ~100 games on the subscription list alone!  Some of those are too hard to complete during a 7-day trial, but there's still plenty of options.

What????

Alone in the Dark: Inferno

Alpha Protocol

Arcana Heart 3

Batman: Arkham City

Ben 10: Omniverse

Ben 10: Omniverse 2

BioShock Infinite

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend

Bound by Flame

Darksiders

Darksiders 2

Dead Island

Dead Island: Riptide

Dead or Alive 5

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

de Blob 2

Dirt 3

Dirt: Showdown

Dynasty Warriors 7

Earth Defense Force 2025

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

F1 2013

Final Fantasy XIII

God of War: Ascension

God of War HD

God of War II HD

Grid 2

Grid Autosport

Guacamelee!

Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

Ico

Infamous

Infamous 2

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Killzone 3

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Madagascar 3: The Video Game

Metal Slug 2

MotoGP 13

MotorStorm: Apocalypse

MX vs. ATV Reflex

MX vs. ATV Supercross

NASCAR '14

NBA 2K14

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Overlord II

Port Royale 3: Gold

Rainbow Moon

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

Record of Agarest War

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

Saints Row 3

Saints Row 4

Shadow of the Colossus

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Sniper Elite V2

Sonic Generations

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

The King of Fighters XIII

The Last of Us

The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief

The Sly Collection (Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3)

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Warhawk

XCOM: Enemy Within

That's over 80 games with a Platinum trophy from the ~100 games on the subscription list alone!  Some of those are too hard to complete during a 7-day trial, but there's still plenty of options.

You must have misunderstood me. I didn't say there wasn't games with a platinum trophy... I said there really wasn't that many that could be completed within only 7 days. Unless you can complete Grid Autosport and Warhawk in a week. I know I can't.

Metal Slug 2

Overlord II

Not all of the games you quoted are good for the purpose of platinums though. These games I left in the quote are ones that have no platinums or are unobtainable plat-wise (there might have been others, did this latter part based on my actual knowledge instead of looking it up).