Differences and Help thread

although maxing it out doesn't seem to move the affinity meter at all so you need to fill it up to 3 and a half bars.

I wouldn't say that. I'm always maxing the meter and then on level 5 straight for the bed scene (you need all of them for Memories anyways) and it definitely fills the affection bar.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I wouldn't say that. I'm always maxing the meter and then on level 5 straight for the bed scene (you need all of them for Memories anyways) and it definitely fills the affection bar.

Do you still gain affinity even if the Happiness meter is full?

Since you can't take Philia outside of the hollow area I just took her to the abandoned area the La Ulpuera Gardens and am working on getting her to level 5 affinty now which I might bring Sinon, Lisbeth and Leafa here later since it seems easier to max their affinity.

---

About Weapon experience: does that increase by using the weapon or by killing monsters with it?  I need some information on the best ways to increase it.

Do you still gain affinity even if the Happiness meter is full?

Yes, everytime you get an orange note, your affinity increases.

Since you can't take Philia outside of the hollow area I just took her to the abandoned area the La Ulpuera Gardens and am working on getting her to level 5 affinty now which I might bring Sinon, Lisbeth and Leafa here later since it seems easier to max their affinity.

That is definitely valid possibility but Phillia can be taken outside of the Hollow Area once you finish the Hollow Area arc =)

Only

Sachi

cannot be taken to Aincrad.

About Weapon experience: does that increase by using the weapon or by killing monsters with it?  I need some information on the best ways to increase it.

Weapon experience... that's the weapon mastery, I presume...? (Jesus, these translations :D)

It raises by hitting not necessarily killing monsters but hitting them suffices. Each hit gives between 0.1-0.5 mastery (you can see it in the Battle Log).

Best way to increase it is autoattacking. Just letting Kirito hit the enemy.

You can also help it by buffing yourself with skills that raise your attack speed and chance for double attack. There is around 10 skills doing this iirc (one complete skill line + 2 additional), but I'm not sure how many buff skills you have unlocked so that may not be possible for you. In that case, autoattacking will have to suffice.

Though, from my experience, if you plan on going 100% dual wielding, you will end up with maximum mastery without any hardship.

Weapon experience... that's the weapon mastery, I presume...? (Jesus, these translations :D)

It raises by hitting not necessarily killing monsters but hitting them suffices. Each hit gives between 0.1-0.5 mastery (you can see it in the Battle Log).

Best way to increase it is auto attacking. Just letting Kirito hit the enemy.

You can also help it by buffing yourself with skills that raise your attack speed and chance for double attack. There is around 10 skills doing this iirc (one complete skill line + 2 additional), but I'm not sure how many buff skills you have unlocked so that may not be possible for you. In that case, auto attacking will have to suffice.

Though, from my experience, if you plan on going 100% dual wielding, you will end up with maximum mastery without any hardship.

That's what I called it, it's likely called weapon mastery, I am using Scimitars right now and I wanted to max it's mastery so I can learn Katana Mastery which I'm very close it's currently at 945.8.  I've already mastered 1H Swords but haven't mastered Dual Wielding yet.

Thanks for the information.

Edited by Shaun

Reading all these posts is making me curious about what happens after the main stories are complete. I mean, without spoilers ofc, after the hundredth floor and all the Hollow Area stuff, do you get to carry on doing hollow missions and whatnot? Basically I'm wondering if there's a time/content limit on how long you have to reach max affinity with teammates, weapons etc. Or is there a NG+ option instead, where that kind of stuff carries over so you can continue working on them?

Reading all these posts is making me curious about what happens after the main stories are complete. I mean, without spoilers ofc, after the hundredth floor and all the Hollow Area stuff, do you get to carry on doing hollow missions and whatnot? Basically I'm wondering if there's a time/content limit on how long you have to reach max affinity with teammates, weapons etc. Or is there a NG+ option instead, where that kind of stuff carries over so you can continue working on them?

You can either return to game after clearing Aincrad (you get thrown back before the final battle) or you can start NG+ where only Aincrad progress resets (usually used in case you didn't get Beta Tester or you let someone die in boss fights), Hollow Area stays the same throughout all playthroughs.

Max affinity has no time limit with the exception of Strea since you will lose ability to partner up with her after Floor 93 so it's best to max her on Floor 90.

You can either return to game after clearing Aincrad (you get thrown back before the final battle) or you can start NG+ where only Aincrad progress resets (usually used in case you didn't get Beta Tester or you let someone die in boss fights), Hollow Area stays the same throughout all playthroughs.

Max affinity has no time limit with the exception of Strea since you will lose ability to partner up with her after Floor 93 so it's best to max her on Floor 90.

Awesome, thanks :)

Is it possible to do story related Hollow Missions on Multiplayer?  I'm having a hard time beating two bosses, Gaiard the Volcano (his fire AoEs hurt and can stun lock you to death, I've tried twice to beat him one time I died while the other my partner died, my partner was Silica) and Queen Amedister (my partner is the one that keeps dieing not me, I was having Philia as my partner).  Average level of my partners range from level 109 (Argo) to level 114 (Lisbeth) though this only includes the main characters which are Asuna, Argo, Leafa, Silica, Sinon, Strea, Lisbeth and Philia.

Gaiard the Volcano:

Af577Qql.jpg

I'm even above the recommended level for this one.

Queen Amedister:

EIWywynl.jpg

Karito is only level 122 which is of course under the recommended level.

Screenshots are taken from my PS4 and uploaded to my Facebook I then upload them to imgur.

---

From the looks of it since "Event List" isn't an option while in multiplayer that would mean story related hollow missions can't be done in multiplayer but multiplayer is the best way to level fast so my above question can probably be ignored.

Edited by Shaun

Galard is a part of the Grand Quest, you are better off doing whole once you are on late 120, close to 130 since the last boss is a toughie so you can wait with that.

Grand Quest was supposed to be after Hollow Area thing in Vita version (it was brought with the first patch) so you don't need to hurry up with it. Though, getting the Esoteric skill is a sweet reward.

Queen is a pain if you don't have any skills that block the annoying status ailments, you should probably level up Phillia in MP.

As for the original question, yes and no. Yes, you can replay the story Hollow Missions in MP but replay is the important word. They won't count towards the story progression.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Galard is a part of the Grand Quest, you are better off doing whole once you are on late 120, close to 130 since the last boss is a toughie so you can wait with that.

Grand Quest was supposed to be after Hollow Area thing in Vita version (it was brought with the first patch) so you don't need to hurry up with it. Though, getting the Esoteric skill is a sweet reward.

Queen is a pain if you don't have any skills that block the annoying status ailments, you should probably level up Philia in MP.

As for the original question, yes and no. Yes, you can replay the story Hollow Missions in MP but replay is the important word. They won't count towards the story progression.

Okay so I'll just leave Gaiard the Volcano (Gaiard is spelled with an i not an L) alone for now, I am actually leveling up in multiplayer right now with Philia (Philia only has 1 L) and 3 other characters: Argo, Strea and Silica.  I'm in the Driogeer Skycaves Area DNA Research Room with monsters at around level 130.

1u9UTNy.jpg

Question: Would it make any difference for leveling if 3 other partners are with me in MP like would it be slower than if I only had Philia with me?

---

My YouTube video of me playing in multiplayer:

Edited by Shaun

Just took out Queen Amedister with Silica and funny how on the 3rd attempt I noticed I needed to take out the eggs the queen shoots out when you get her health down one bar otherwise they can really mess you up which is how I died twice before.  I did have a skill that removes debuffs from the whole party on the 3rd time around which did help Purifying Flames, I also had my partner move to the rear when it was necessary to keep her out of harms way.

I'm just glad that is over with.

Just took out Queen Amedister with Silica and funny how on the 3rd attempt I noticed I needed to take out the eggs the queen shoots out when you get her health down one bar otherwise they can really mess you up which is how I died twice before.  I did have a skill that removes debuffs from the whole party on the 3rd time around which did help Purifying Flames, I also had my partner move to the rear when it was necessary to keep her out of harms way.

I'm just glad that is over with.

Purifying Flames is a great skill, definitely make use of it.

Question: Would it make any difference for leveling if 3 other partners are with me in MP like would it be slower than if I only had Philia with me?

The ones you don't have as a partner are like human partners, they get the same EXP as you, so it's definitely better to have more waifus.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Purifying Flames is a great skill, definitely make use of it.

I did make use of it whenever the queen caused some nasty debuffs although my partner is the one that got caught with most of the debuffs when the queen uses that pain move to jump and land to cause damage and movement debuffs though I always tried to get my partner out of the way whenever she would do that.

My strategy that I found most useful was to stun whenever I could and unload two sword skills (I was using Rapiers with Shield at the time) and the two sword skills only had two hits each which is necessary to avoid being caught in one of the queens attacks so I just kept doing that which how I managed to beat her.

The ones you don't have a partner are like human partners, they get the same EXP as you, so it's definitely better to have more waifus.

That is great information, thanks.

---

Any idea why there is a Bow weapon in the game but you can't equip it?

11838675_1193422284017375_26983833023888

Edited by Shaun

Okay, so I'm pretty much finished with the Hollow Area part of the game. Almost that is...

So... one last post about differences of Hollow Area.

HNMs

What to say, huh... I first thought they were buffed a bit so they wouldn't be so easy to beat but I realized it's because the OSS is BADLY nerfed. There's no longer any damage multiplier (Vita version had a feature which powered up the skill if it was used late in the OSS combo, e.g. in 6 OSS combo with NRE finisher, NRE damage was 200%) so there's only base damage boost applied by OSS use. I painfully realized this when I did Raideen mission first on PS4 and then on Vita on the similar (PS4 Kirito was 5 levels higher) circumstances. And the result...?

PS4 6 OSS combo - 2.8M damage => 3rd HP bar

PSV 6 OSS combo - 11.5M damage => insta kill

(and this also answers Aki's original question, now I'm sure, I would take Vita version, I want my 8M Nebula Raid Empress :awesome:)

Because of that, I would suggest attempting HNM farming either with a strong partner or solo on at least level 150 (in Vita version, killing them around level 130 was very doable, sometimes even matter of one OSS).

Implements

As I already mentioned in my status update, implements are EASY as pie in here. By going to MP mode, you can choose any mission you want, hence, it's just a matter of choosing the most appropriate one. The trophy can be got by repeating around 10 missions (provided you were doing implements throughout the Hollow Area arc).

And two additional information: 

1) If anyone wants, I have a crapload of HNM boss drops (armor and boots). Do note that this equipment is pretty much the best you can get in-game so you may get OP and not enjoy the game as much.

2) More important, there is an indication that someone did unlock Debug Complete trophy. Because it suddenly became 0.1% on PSN. Since neither Memories, nor Plat has changed from 0.0% it's fairly possible that this isn't hacked and was obtained legally. In case someone doesn't know, Debug Complete was considered to be glitched same as Memories due to which, Platinum of this game is currently unattainable.

Any idea why there is a Bow weapon in the game but you can't equip it?

11838675_1193422284017375_26983833023888

So you can give it to Sinon once she learns the skill ;) (I'm actually glad it's not equip-able... no more weapon mastery... :D I still need to max an Axe so I can get the last set of skills)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

So you can give it to Sinon once she learns the skill ;) (I'm actually glad it's not equip-able... no more weapon mastery... :D I still need to max an Axe so I can get the last set of skills)

When can she learn the skill?

Axe I'm not too fond of although I did forge a +13 Axe:

11882802_1193439217349015_57782463700206

2) More important, there is an indication that someone did unlock Debug Complete trophy. Because it suddenly became 0.1% on PSN. Since neither Memories, nor Plat has changed from 0.0% it's fairly possible that this isn't hacked and was obtained legally. In case someone doesn't know, Debug Complete was considered to be glitched same as Memories due to which, Platinum of this game is currently unattainable.

That is still showing up as 0.00% for me for the Debug Complete trophy. Oh PSN...

---

Just maxed out Lisbeth's affinity:

11875104_1193467547346182_37883088553563

Edited by Shaun

When can she learn the skill?

Wow... that's something I seriously don't remember... Floor 81-82, maybe? Somewhere in Aincrad through her events.

Axe I'm not too fond of although I did forge a +13 Axe:

I'm not using it, I just want all possible usable skills =D

i am currently running some test on Debug. i will post my results when i am done

Your status now? I'm wondering whether I should start doing Aincrad or test Debug myself. I have around 60 single player missions, what about you?

Wow... that's something I seriously don't remember... Floor 81-82, maybe? Somewhere in Aincrad through her events.

Yeah, it was around there. I've only just finished floor 84 and Sinon's had the skill for a short while.

Small question: I noticed that on the hollow area map, under each region's name there's a bar that slowly fills up as I go through; what does that signify exactly?

Small question: I noticed that on the hollow area map, under each region's name there's a bar that slowly fills up as I go through; what does that signify exactly?

Area Rank progress.

I would actually say it's useless in here but we still don't know what is required for Debug Complete so I'll just answer =D

Area Rank (1-3) signalizes how difficult missions can be attempted in that mentioned Area. If you have Area Rank 1, only difficulty 1 missions appear. If you have Area Rank 3, HNM missions appear.

But since you can use MP to choose an arbitrary mission, it's probably useless now.

Yeah, it was around there. I've only just finished floor 84 and Sinon's had the skill for a short while.y?

I presume you didn't import save, right? =D

Because she uses bow right from the start if you do  :D (Makes it a bit harder to get her costumes :D)

Also, another less important difference, Phillia actually appears in events now. I'm pretty sure it's because I have her in Aincrad (because it wouldn't really make sense otherwise :D)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Area Rank progress.

I would actually say it's useless in here but we still don't know what is required for Debug Complete so I'll just answer =D

Area Rank (1-3) signalizes how difficult missions can be attempted in that mentioned Area. If you have Area Rank 1, only difficulty 1 missions appear. If you have Area Rank 3, HNM missions appear.

But since you can use MP to choose an arbitrary mission, it's probably useless now.

Ok, that makes sense, thanks :) I wish some of this stuff was made clearer in the actual game (unless it is and I'm just incredibly blind/dumb/forgetful :P)

I haven't even touched MP yet and tbh, even though I've done 9 floors of Aincrad, the Hollow Area is mostly untouched too. Most of my playtime goes into working through Aincrad and all those annoying requests for help from the people on Kirito's friends list.

I presume you didn't import save, right? =D

Because she uses bow right from the start if you do   :D (Makes it a bit harder to get her costumes  :D)

No, no import - never played it on Vita :P

Edited by Gatatog

for test purposes i am at 76 hollow missions without the Discard/abandoned area.

my main issue though is EXP grinding (not topic related) i am only 148 :( could use some high level folks to help me power level.

Cool, just 4 more to go. Hope to see a pleasant result :D

EXPing is a pain... no matter how high the enemies are, you can only get around 4000-9000 (depending on EXP boosts) on higher level enemies...

But if you have no problems killing HNMs, higher leveled enemies shouldn't be a problem.

Would suggest either the Discard Area tower or what I plan to try, Ultra Hard Volcano boss. That guy spawns 190 level mites later in fight and doesn't move so you can move further from him and start killing Mites.

I was getting around 9000 EXPs with EXP passive skill, EXP boost skill and Sword Skill finisher. I haven't tried EXP potions, that could probably go to 10K.

Externa also spawns little Exeternas, but they are 250 level and EXPing doesn't raise with bigger difference (Iirc it's 30+-, once the enemy is 30 levels higher/lower than you, you get max/min exps and the same goes for further levels) it's pointless mission unless you want to wholesale Externa swords xD

I haven't even touched MP yet and tbh, even though I've done 9 floors of Aincrad, the Hollow Area is mostly untouched too. Most of my playtime goes into working through Aincrad and all those annoying requests for help from the people on Kirito's friends list.

They are pretty pointless unless you want lifetime stock of potions :D

Though, I get you, I did them first time on Vita as well =D Before realizing they are pointless xDDD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I've got a question that's been bugging me: Is it possible for friends to die outside of boss battles if you don't help them with their quests when they message you?

Character is Camilla:

11834921_1193904130635857_71268159661760

11895023_1193904330635837_75355995675206

In the 3 boss battles I have been in not a single character has died in them so I am confused on how Camilla died.

Also to Gatatog do you have PS+?  You need PS+ to even use the multiplayer feature on the PS4 version.  I wouldn't need to ask if you was using the premium signature as your forum signature.

---

Is the max level 200 on the PS4 version? Or is it higher considering the PS4 version has all the DLCs the Vita had?

Edited by Shaun

maybe i ujst need to find some groups online that are EXP grinding, it sounds TEDIOUS.

Gimme a message if you do find such group, would love to join as well.

I've got a question that's been bugging me: Is it possible for friends to die outside of boss battles if you don't help them with their quests when they message you?

Character is Camilla:

Wow, interesting o.O This has never happened to me o.O

Is the max level 200 on the PS4 version? Or is it higher considering the PS4 version has all the DLCs the Vita had?

It's 300 this time.

Also Vita had 250 iirc.

And... it doesn't have DLCs, just updates.

I'm definitely missing "Kill crapload of Kobolds in 60 minutes" mission... it was a great one for grinding.