Differences and Help thread

well i am at 83 Single player only missions and still nothing. i will add in the Abandoned area as well but it will have to wait til after work. plus all areas are maxed, and i did not count story only missions. wish i knew WHO had the Debug so we could ask them about it.

there are still 9 quest outside of Abandoned i have not yet done either, because they have not shown up.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

Another question: Is it normal to be able to track friends (not the main cast like Asuna etc) in the hollow area after clearing the hollow area arc (they haven't mentioned what Kirito did at the console after defeating Hollow Kirito other than what we already know)?  The group Camilla is from (well matching icon) is trackable while I am in the gardens in the abandoned area.  (I'm about to max the final characters affinity and the gardens is the best play to go for that, it's Leafa.)

Could the PS4 version have changed something we aren't aware of yet which might explain why Camilla died outside of a boss fight?

What is the best strategy in getting the last attack bonus?  Cocoa got the last attack on floor 79 boss so I will definitely need to do another playthrough.

Edited by Shaun

well i am at 83 Single player only missions and still nothing. i will add in the Abandoned area as well but it will have to wait til after work. plus all areas are maxed, and i did not count story only missions. wish i knew WHO had the Debug so we could ask them about it.

Okay, so this pretty much confirms that it's a developer test.

Another question: Is it normal to be able to track friends (not the main cast like Asuna etc) in the hollow area after clearing the hollow area arc (they haven't mentioned what Kirito did at the console after defeating Hollow Kirito other than what we already know)?  The group Camilla is from (well matching icon) is trackable while I am in the gardens in the abandoned area.  (I'm about to max the final characters affinity and the gardens is the best play to go for that, it's Leafa.)

Yea, eventually, some characters just randomly appear in the Hollow Area.

What is the best strategy in getting the last attack bonus?  Cocoa got the last attack on floor 79 boss so I will definitely need to do another playthrough.

Um... closing the game and re-doing the boss fight :D

If it's still possible that is... if not, then, yea, another Aincrad playthrough is required.

Other than that, use skills that have the most hits possible and spam the L1 + Down, that should make the attackers fall down to rear.

Yea, eventually, some characters just randomly appear in the Hollow Area.

The question being if they died in the Hollow Area do you think that would count as a death in Aincrad?

Um... closing the game and re-doing the boss fight :D

If it's still possible that is... if not, then, yea, another Aincrad playthrough is required.

Other than that, use skills that have the most hits possible and spam the L1 + Down, that should make the attackers fall down to rear.

Yeah not possible to re-do the boss fight.

I probably should of been using that (L1 + Down) when the boss was low in health to begin with but I forgot when I do believe I used it on the last two boss fights.

Edited by Shaun

They are pretty pointless unless you want lifetime stock of potions :D

Though, I get you, I did them first time on Vita as well =D Before realizing they are pointless xDDD

omg, are they seriously pointless? I kind of assumed that helping them went towards increasing your assault team strength. So much time wasted ...

Also to Gatatog do you have PS+?  You need PS+ to even use the multiplayer feature on the PS4 version.  I wouldn't need to ask if you was using the premium signature as your forum signature.

I do have PS+, yes. I know I should probably put a sig but I don't post on the forum regularly so laziness has always overruled my intentions, lol.

I do have PS+, yes. I know I should probably put a sig but I don't post on the forum regularly so laziness has always overruled my intentions, lol.

I probably wouldn't be posting as much as I am if not for this game which I have been putting a lot of hours in I mean I already have over 100 hours of gameplay although the time does count away no matter what you are doing.

---

Feel free to send a PSN friend request my way if any of you guys are interested, though do not leave it blank please as I will reject it.

Edited by Shaun

more than likely Satoshi, they are probably rying to figure out why it is not unlocking. hopefully we will get a patch soon.

ALSO someone found a way to unlock the "missable" Strea CG. just play the Aincrad "saving Strea" scene from the memory gallery. i am waiting to unlock this though due to the glitched trophy

The question being if they died in the Hollow Area do you think that would count as a death in Aincrad?

Story-wise, they shouldn't even be in the Hollow Area so... hard to say.

There's always a possibility they were in HA from the start and Kirito met them off screen.

Yeah not possible to re-do the boss fight.

I probably should of been using that (L1 + Down) when the boss was low in health to begin with but I forgot when I do believe I used it on the last two boss fights.

Too bad... well, just remember doing that in other fights, there's a possibility you would only need to repeat the floors up to 79 if you get all other bonuses.

omg, are they seriously pointless? I kind of assumed that helping them went towards increasing your assault team strength. So much time wasted ...

They do raise levels of your friends (and consequently the assault team strength) but in the end they ARE pointless because everyone in Kirito's friend list gets +1 level for each floor. Iirc, they could theoretically outlevel Kirito since only waifus are set to stop gaining levels once they are 7+- from Kirito. 

So in the end, raising few of them to one more level is not doing much.

maybe i ujst need to find some groups online that are EXP grinding, it sounds TEDIOUS.

I've done some research on good grinding spots and the icy area in Abandoned Area is a good place. Since MP raises the levels, especially the map right from the teleportable location is an awesome place.

It has about 20 golems above 200. Even though they are above 200, they are easily hit even without accuracy boosts and aren't that strong. 

With EXP accessory, EXP passive skill, EXP skill, both EXP potions and sword skill finishers, I've been getting steady >10k EXP per fight.

Best was almost 13K. It's still gonna be grindy as hell, but there's probably no better way.

The way I suggested (the Volcano boss) is too slow as the mites aren't respawing quickly enough so you're pretty much wasting potions while waiting.

There's a high-level area on the way to this mission, though.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

There's always a possibility they were in HA from the start and Kirito met them off screen.

I've actually saw a character in the hollow area die but it didn't count as a death for Aincrad, the area was in the abandoned area in the volcano probably on route to Gaiard the Volcano.

I've noticed you keep misspelling Philia, her name only has 1 L not two and also misspelling Gaiard, it's an i not an L.

Do you also have to get max affinity with Agro and Strea in order to get the:

It's Not What It Looks Like!

48S8663a9.png

Reach maximum affinity with all heroines.

trophy?

Edited by Shaun

Do you also have to get max affinity with Agro and Strea in order to get the:

It's Not What It Looks Like!

48S8663a9.png

Reach maximum affinity with all heroines.

trophy?

You need Strea for that trophy.  You will need Argo and another girl for the Memories trophy.  

Edited by fudgeeater

If you mean for flirting with the other girls and not doing people's requests you can do that in the garden area in the abandoned area.

Isn't that just normal conversations not memories?  Aren't memories a type of event?  There is no longer any reason to converse with them when their affinity is maxed.

Isn't that just normal conversations not memories?  Aren't memories a type of event?  There is no longer any reason to converse with them when their affinity is maxed.

After you get Argo and other girl to rank 5 you go back outside and pick them up, then bring them into the gardens.  You'll get a cutscene when you do that.  

Edited by fudgeeater
  • Like 1

I've done some research on good grinding spots and the icy area in Abandoned Area is a good place. Since MP raises the levels, especially the map right from the teleportable location is an awesome place.

It has about 20 golems above 200. Even though they are above 200, they are easily hit even without accuracy boosts and aren't that strong. 

With EXP accessory, EXP passive skill, EXP skill, both EXP potions and sword skill finishers, I've been getting steady >10k EXP per fight.

Best was almost 13K. It's still gonna be grindy as hell, but there's probably no better way.

The way I suggested (the Volcano boss) is too slow as the mites aren't respawing quickly enough so you're pretty much wasting potions while waiting.

There's a high-level area on the way to this mission, though.

thanks i sent you a PSN message if you would like to grind sometime. we have the exact same "about me" that was pretty funny

thanks i sent you a PSN message if you would like to grind sometime. we have the exact same "about me" that was pretty funny

Yea, I actually thought you were copying me :D

I've noticed you keep misspelling Philia, her name only has 1 L not two

Damn these English names... I'll just use Kotone or Firia.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Damn these English names... I'll just use Kotone or Firia.

You're playing the PS4 version yourself so you should know how to spell the character's names without me having to correct you the game has a better localization than the Vita release so you're just going to have to get used to it.

Kotone or Firia as far as I know aren't names used in the game so I don't know what you're trying to say about using those names.

---

Other than Argo who else has a memories scene in the gardens when their affinity is maxed?

You're playing the PS4 version yourself so you should know how to spell the character's names without me having to correct you the game has a better localization than the Vita release so you're just going to have to get used to it.

Gee, why so serious about spelling o.O 

It's not like it's that serious mistake...

Kotone or Firia as far as I know aren't names used in the game so I don't know what you're trying to say about using those names.

Firia == JP transcription

Kotone == Philia's name

I replied to your message, dunno if you saw it or not.

ALSO someone found a way to unlock the "missable" Strea CG. just play the Aincrad "saving Strea" scene from the memory gallery. i am waiting to unlock this though due to the glitched trophy

The Strea picture disappears after you quit the game. You can always get the photo back by watching the cutscene again, but I don't know if it'll count for the memories trophy whenever that trophy gets fixed.

The Strea picture disappears after you quit the game. You can always get the photo back by watching the cutscene again, but I don't know if it'll count for the memories trophy whenever that trophy gets fixed.

yeah i saw that post but was out the door for work. but i plan to re-run aincrad anyway.

Gee, why so serious about spelling o.O 

It's not like it's that serious mistake...

Firia == JP transcription

Kotone == Philia's name

I replied to your message, dunno if you saw it or not.

i just walked in the door

Memories AND Debug are now up to 4% on this site