Raiden IV: OverKill Help & Tips thread

Zanzarro

Holy crap congrats dude.

I'm trying to do all the game legit and I'll try to find any further strategies. But for now, thx for sharing this. I'll ask Zanzarro to add it to OP.

Again, congrats for getting this beast.

I'm not trying to be rude here when I say this but: it's not a beast plat anymore since the pause method was publicised. That pause method has butchered what was the best plat on PSN. In no way am I trying to be an elitist, just my viewpoint and quite a few other people's is all.

Kudos for you though trying it without the pausing, definitely a superb plat without that method. I also know DPat tried to do it without pausing so kudos to him for that although pausing was done just to get it over with, which I can understand.

But it can't be called a beast plat now with that pause method on the loose, it certainly isn't a beast plat from anyone who used that method, more of an irritable cat plat than a beast  :lol:

Anyhow, just my two cents, good day to you all and good luck on this plat  :)

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 2

Holy crap congrats dude.

I'm trying to do all the game legit and I'll try to find any further strategies. But for now, thx for sharing this. I'll ask Zanzarro to add it to OP.

Again, congrats for getting this beast.

In my opinion without the pause exploit this is the hardest trophy ever made and your skills must be the same of those asiatic guys masters in shmup games.

Congratz mate, well done.

Now do Darius, ive been told its harder than Raiden IV :D

I suck in shmup so I prefer wait at least one achiever, for now Soldner :awesome:

Edited by VirtualNight

In my opinion without the pause exploit this is the hardest trophy ever made and your skills must be the same of those asiatic guys masters in shmup games.

I suck in shmup so I prefer wait at least one achiever, for now Soldner :awesome:

The trophy list was really intended for the shmup fans. 

Soldner are quite good, You got both?

I'm not trying to be rude here when I say this but: it's not a beast plat anymore since the pause method was publicised. That pause method has butchered what was the best plat on PSN. In no way am I trying to be an elitist, just my viewpoint and quite a few other people's is all.

Kudos for you though trying it without the pausing, definitely a superb plat without that method. I also know DPat tried to do it without pausing so kudos to him for that although pausing was done just to get it over with, which I can understand.

But it can't be called a beast plat now with that pause method on the loose, it certainly isn't a beast plat from anyone who used that method, more of an irritable cat plat than a beast :lol:

Anyhow, just my two cents, good day to you all and good luck on this plat :)

Oh, I see what you mean. I checked the guide and the diff lowers to 8.5 according to some. Still, it isn't considered a walk in the park I guess. Edited by Lord_of_Ra

Oh, I see what you mean. I checked the guide and the diff lowers to 8.5 according to some. Still, it isn't considered a walk in the park I guess.

For sure, still a decent plat and one to 'wear' with pride but yourself and VirtualNight know better than anyone after playing this game...without that pause method, this plat is just in a league of it's own and can only be described as god-like, a plat that VERY VERY few people would be capable of without practicing for 500+ hours.

• Like 1

Ohh... does this goes as far, as with P4A pausing? So people wants to get leet in an other game... because people will complain hard or convict them as "invalid", just of using the Pause Button?  xD But using all other exploits on every other games which offers them....  :D  Lol, hope this won't escalate here as well, as with P4A happens. 

Ohh... does this goes as far, as with P4A pausing? So people wants to get leet in an other game... because people will complain hard or convict them as "invalid", just of using the Pause Button?  xD But using all other exploits on every other games which offers them....  :D  Lol, hope this won't escalate here as well, as with P4A happens. 

Nah, for me I couldn't care less how I or others get the plat. I just want to get good at Shmups as a genre itself and post my 1CC runs on the leaderboard :P

The plat is just a secondary stuff.

Nah, for me I couldn't care less how I or others get the plat. I just want to get good at Shmups as a genre itself and post my 1CC runs on the leaderboard :P

The plat is just a secondary stuff.

Cool! But lol, since when is getting the Plat for regular Trophy Hunters a "secondary stuff" and preffers Leaderboards?  :unsure: Replays always shows btw the things without pausing, - normally. 

• Like 1

Cool! But lol, since when is getting the Plat for regular Trophy Hunters a "secondary stuff" and preffers Leaderboards?  :unsure: Replays always shows btw the things without pausing, - normally. 

Because I'm a gamer before a trophy hunter ;) When I said secondary stuff is that I'm way more interested at gaining skill at a difficult genre, though the plat is still a priority. I mentioned the leaderboards because I just want to save my replays there in the far, far away future lol and get my own sense of self-accomplishment fulfilled.

I don't care about competition tbh.

And lastly, yes and no. Thanato's runs shows impossible 'cut' movements repeatedly, which is the proof that he used pause abuse. Not that I'm judging him or anything. In fact. It's awesome to see people willing to help that far.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

Because I'm a gamer before a trophy hunter ;) When I said secondary stuff is that I'm way more interested at gaining skill at a difficult genre, though the plat is still a priority. I mentioned the leaderboards because I just want to save my replays there in the far, far away future lol and get my own sense of self-accomplishment fulfilled.

I don't care about competition tbh.

And lastly, no. Thanato's runs shows impossible 'cut' movements repeatedly, which is the proof that he used pause abuse. Not that I'm judging him or anything. In fact. It's awesome to see people willing to help that far.

Ohh... i like that you're one from the last gen gamers :) So personal goals i guess, nice. 

Was the run from Thanato's on Youtube or ingame with his replay? Because i'm sure that ingame Replays will be always shown off as a "flawless run". If Youtube, sure, he edited the videos, which isn't a crime for me at all. I also was using later on my P4A SA Journey the Pause Button. But that's the problem, people always judging them... but they never had tried it before or couldn't even get it with pausing. It's always fun to see, where people are always thinking pausing gives you a 100% safety run.  :D

Edited by xDLl0YD091x-
  • Like 1

But it can't be called a beast plat now with that pause method on the loose, it certainly isn't a beast plat from anyone who used that method, more of an irritable cat plat than a beast  :lol:

Anyhow, just my two cents, good day to you all and good luck on this plat  :)

I guess you won't mind getting it then.

Good luck. :)

Edited by rgeGeo

Has nothing to do with R4 but can´t find the game to create a thread.

Caladrius Blaze ps4 is confirmed for worldwide release :)

http://www.h2games.co.kr/caladriusblaze/en/

This would go on the "unreleased games." Section I think

No worries though. As for the game, it's the first time I hear about it. Tbh I'd be more hyped for Ikaruga xD That game is plain freaking awesome.

I keep telling myself I'll go back to this game and end up picking up something else. So much for legit Shmup skill-dev practice xD

Do you guys think they will port Raiden V over to PS4? =P

I hope not, and I doubt it. The game isn't necessarily a huge popular hit.

I hope not, and I doubt it. The game isn't necessarily a huge popular hit.

Huh? I know they will release it on X1... I got no idea why they'd do that, but I'm thinking it will sell like shit on X1 and they may want to release it on PS4.

Edited by MMDE

Huh? I know they will release it on X1... I got no idea why they'd do that, but I'm thinking it will sell like shit on X1 and they may want to release it on PS4.

-Epic facepalm- So sorry, thought you said IV. For V, yes, I think they will definitely port it. I dunno how much time might take them though.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra