National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

1 hour ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Lets go Eagles. Bring down the empire of evil.

Like the Roman Empire, New England will implode on its own success.

Do not be surprised if Philly beats New England. New England should rely on no-huddle or three step drop slant passes (Gronk and Amendola) or they risk losing Brady for good.

Regardless, after today, New England will lose its OC and DC. Their head coach is not happy with Brady or Kraft; Jimmy G. might be starting today if Belichick had his way. Belichick's mentor, Parcells, quit when meddling owners interfered with roster decisions. I would not be surprised if today is Belichick's last as a head coach in the NFL. Belichick's legacy is secured and he has nothing left to prove.

Brady is 40 and one hit away from retirement and there is no franchise quarterback successor on the roster.

So, whether you are a Patriot lover or hater, enjoy today, because this may be the last Super Bowl for them for some time.

Philly 22-16.

Edited by PsychicVibe
grammatical error "the New England"

Congrats to the Eagles on a great game! :D

Now...please...for the love of the fans figure out wtf constitutes a catch. You shouldn't need 10 years of college to make a fucking decision. 

Brady cost the Pat's this game as far as I'm concerned. He had more opportunities during that last drive and he just ignored them. 

• Like 1

Good job Eagles beating the "Cheetahs". Had me worried and when Peterson took the gas off the pedal at the end after that strip sack fumble and going with 3 run plays after being aggressive all game. Catch rule... I dunno, for me it looked like Ertz took 2 steps and made a football move and dove. Ground can't cause a fumble and he broke the plane, soo touchdown right? But then that Jesse James catch....:shrugs: I dunno lol.

2 minutes ago, black_coyote49 said:

I think the happiest person right now is Roger Goodell(after docking the Pats draft picks/suspending Brady) and not having to give the Lombardi trophy to Kraft again. 

so True xD and next happiest would be all Atlanta Falcons fans/ owner Arthur Blank 

Horrible defense by both teams tonight, still not sure what a catch is, and those were some of the worst SB commercials I've ever seen. Still, you can't blame this one on Brady. Sure, he missed a few throws (and catches...), but he threw for over 500 yards in a game that was never out of reach. The real winner tonight was Nick Foles, who never panicked and made every throw that was asked of him. I expect to see both him and Wentz as starting QBs somewhere next year. Might I suggest looking that way, Browns...?

• Like 3

Now that the season's over I really hope the AFC will shake things up so we can finally get some variety.  2013 Superbowl - Broncos, 2014 - Patriots, 2015 - Broncos, 2016 - Patriots, and 2017 - Patriots.  I mean, 2 teams in 5 years, hopefully in the 2018 season someone (lookin' at you Jags) will step up and wash away the stagnation that the AFC is stuck in.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skidmarkgn said:

Now that the season's over I really hope the AFC will shake things up so we can finally get some variety.  2013 Superbowl - Broncos, 2014 - Patriots, 2015 - Broncos, 2016 - Patriots, and 2017 - Patriots.  I mean, 2 teams in 5 years, hopefully in the 2018 season someone (lookin' at you Jags) will step up and wash away the stagnation that the AFC is stuck in.  

Couldn’t agree more. I’m so happy the Eagles won tonight (Eagles fan btw). Gave us some variety finally, and I want to see another team from the AFC next season (Jags for prime example). 

Anyone think Malcom Butler leaves after how he was handled in Superbowl 52? I personally think he does 

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Horrible defense by both teams tonight, still not sure what a catch is, and those were some of the worst SB commercials I've ever seen. Still, you can't blame this one on Brady. Sure, he missed a few throws (and catches...), but he threw for over 500 yards in a game that was never out of reach. The real winner tonight was Nick Foles, who never panicked and made every throw that was asked of him. I expect to see both him and Wentz as starting QBs somewhere next year. Might I suggest looking that way, Browns...?

Yeah defense was abysmal xD, I 100% agree no way you can blame Brady for this he was amazing, maybe you could blame the loss of Cooks as a factor and I really don’t want to see Foles on the Browns, maybe Jets or Broncos as realistic places

and yeah hopefully by start of next season we know definitely what a catch is

Is Rob Gronkowski considering retirement? http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/rob-gronkowski-considering-retirement

Edited by Jare