National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

NFL is in forcing this rule http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22935229/nfl-institutes-rule-lowering-head-initiate-contact-helmet.  

I only see issues with this rule as pointed out with this photo https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZUp6SSW4AEzY9C?format=jpg

like is that a penalty since Brady makes contact with the opponents hand 

NFL had better be 100% with this rule or we will see another problem like have seen with the catch rule 

Edited by Conker

10 hours ago, Conker said:

NFL had better be 100% with this rule or we will see another problem like have seen with the catch rule 

Stupid rule.  This happens whenever someone initiates or expects contact.  This penalty, should be called on almost every play. Who leaves there head out before impact?  Those with preparaplegic syndrome, thats who.

3 minutes ago, Sir Eatsalot said:

so what happens with onside kicks? so games will be over sooner yeah real smart NFL...... fix catch rule,make one dumb rule and then this... 

On 3/29/2018 at 2:53 AM, Conker said:

so what happens with onside kicks? so games will be over sooner yeah real smart NFL...... fix catch rule,make one dumb rule and then this... 

They've talked about this before. I think it's just meant to be white noise.

But hey - you'll be able to watch 3.63 more commercials per telecast now!

So, I'm hearing that one of the teams really pushing to acquire OBJ is, of course, the Rams.  At this point I actually hope they get him, I mean, how much crazy can you fit on one team?  Peters, Talib, Suh and Beckham all on the same team, in L.A., with a 33(?) year old coach trying to contain 'em.  That actually might be kind of fun to watch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Colin Kaepernick was going to work out with the Seahawks, but they called it off at the last minute and signed someone else. Reports are saying it's because he refused to stop taking a knee during the anthem. Guess being a SJW is more important than football to him.

And Dez is bitching and moaning about being cut:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000926393/article/dez-on-getting-cut-its-personalits-very-personal

Maybe if he had agreed to take a pay cut, they wouldn't have thrown him out on his ass.

• Like 1

No shock Dez was cut, his production was slowly decreasing every year and maybe they had enough of the off field stuff.

it will indeed be interesting to see where he goes, maybe the LA Rams make another off-season splash :hmm: 

37 minutes ago, Conker said:

No shock Dez was cut, his production was slowly decreasing every year and maybe they had enough of the off field stuff.

it will indeed be interesting to see where he goes, maybe the LA Rams make another off-season splash :hmm: 

Dez is too much of  a Diva without the production to back it up so I doubt it. OBJ would be the only receiver worth it but for 2 firsts? Rams seem to be making the big push but I don't know if your future for two years is worth it

5 hours ago, Sir Eatsalot said:

Saw some guy saying Dez would take a pay cut if he had been asked...bullshit. He said early on he wouldn't for any reason. Arrogant fucker. Well, someone will give him what he wants.

Probably the Jets.  Lord knows they're dumb enough

• Like 1

12 hours ago, majob said:

Probably the Jets.  Lord knows they're dumb enough

The Jets currently have 16 Wide Receivers on their 90 man roster.  (Seriously!  No kidding!)  And their GM this summer has made a point of not signing "older" guys at all, a category in which Dez Bryant (30 in November) falls.

Would Bryant be an upgrade for the Jets?  Probably.  But he doesn't fit with the plan, and the money he'll want probably doesn't fit with how the Jets want to budget.  And he doesn't make sense the way Ndamukong Suh would have.

Plenty of dumb teams out there.  And if Dez Bryant really wants to stick it to the Cowboys twice a year, Washington seems like a much more logical landing spot.

Here's the thing with Bryant imo and i state it everyday at work. If he would get it out of his head that he's still a quote on quote #1 receiver, then he would be excellent #2 or #3 wide receiver. I'd also say lose the ego a bit, nobody wants another T.O. The other thing that needs to stop and everyone knows and hears a lot about is that he's a cancer in the locker room. If he wasn't that then i'd take him on the Eagles, but as of right now i'm content with Wallace, Agholor and Jeffery. I also see him fitting in with the 49ers or Seahawks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

I can see Dez either in Green Bay, San Francisco, or Seattle. Truthfully, I want to see him in Green Bay to help offset (to a point) the release of Jordy Nelson. I can see him killing it over there with Aaron Rodgers. 

I'd be amazed if the 'Hawks went after him.  I mean, they spent their entire off-season unloading the "problem children" in the locker room, to do all that just to bring in another aging loudmouth diva would be pretty confusing.

While he's still strong enough to win 50-50 battles on deep passes or in the red zone, Dez simply can no longer create enough separation to be effective as a receiver within a pass possession offense. At 30 he is overpriced.

But wouldn't it be really entertaining to see him team up with Cam Newton of the Carolina Panthers? That might actually work.

I wouldn't mind Dez as a Seahawk, but I'm not exactly rooting for it. Seattles offseason moves seem more like cap casualties and as much as Carrol would disagree, a short rebuilding phase. I don't think Sherms or Bennets off field "shenanigans" had much to do with it. That being said, My worst fear is he signs with Niners or Rams lol. Anyway, I see him fitting in the Packers offense the best.

I knew this thread would be hoppin after the Dez news.  I'm hearing he might be headed to SF (or at least that they're officially interested)... god no, please... after adding Sherman, this would just be an added distraction we don't need.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2018 at 0:26 AM, Green said:

I wouldn't mind Dez as a Seahawk, but I'm not exactly rooting for it. Seattles offseason moves seem more like cap casualties and as much as Carrol would disagree, a short rebuilding phase. I don't think Sherms or Bennets off field "shenanigans" had much to do with it. That being said, My worst fear is he signs with Niners or Rams lol. Anyway, I see him fitting in the Packers offense the best.

I personally think it'd be great if he went to the Rams for the same reason I thought it'd be great if they picked up ODB.  They're right now on the cusp of self-sabotaging with all the bad attitudes and "me-first" players they've already signed.  One more and it just might be enough too push them over the edge, then we can all sit back and watch the implosion.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, the NFL draft is nigh.  And my opinions on what the Jets should do haven't really changed.  They need a QB, but my preference order at this point is Darnold, Allen, Rosen, everybody else, Mayfield.  Because Baker Mayfield still screams Johnny Manziel Redux to me.  In fact, if the Jets actually draft Baker Mayfield, I will do the following:

• I will throw my glass of iced tea/lemonade through the television screen.
  • I will then throw the television out the window.
  • I will then pick up the busted window frame and throw it through a friend's car.
  • I will then pick up that friend's car and throw it through the front door of his house.
  • Just for good measure, I may then set that house on fire.

So a memo to Jets' GM Mike McCagnan:  No Baker Mayfield.  Got it?

• Like 2