National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

16 hours ago, majob said:

Apparently the Jets defense knew all of the Lions signals which is why they were able to devastate them in such brutal fashion. It seems the Offensive Coordinator didn't bother with coming up with new signals and used the same signals from the last season

Genius...

Can you imagine how pissed Stafford would be about this? Not only did he have a terrible game with INT's left and right, but he got absolutely pummeled in the pocket. "Gee Coach, thanks to your stupidity, you damn near killed me."

• Like 3

On 9/11/2018 at 1:27 PM, PsychicVibe said:

That's the old Jets. The culture of losing Jets. Fans of this team wanted them to tank last year for a high draft pick. The old Jets may have just done this. But what you saw last night was real.

As complete a team victory as any team experienced last weekend.

Teams with losing cultures fold easily when adversity strikes. Yesterday young rookie Darnold throws a pick six right off the bat. Does he grow tentative? Nope......he handled it like a vet.

Not saying they are ready to be AFC champs........but their Charlie Brown days are over and the betting pubic doesn't know it yet.

It's one game.  It's a tiny sample size.  And it's something I've seen time and time and time and time again during a lifetime of Jets fandom.

I'm not buying it.  Certainly not this early.  Come back to me around Thanksgiving and we'll have this discussion again and if the Jets are still successful and through sustainable things, I'm willing to change my mind then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Can you imagine how pissed Stafford would be about this? Not only did he have a terrible game with INT's left and right, but he got absolutely pummeled in the pocket. "Gee Coach, thanks to your stupidity, you damn near killed me."

I would imagine he was more pissed about the top of the helmet spear to his ribs that somehow didn't warrant a penalty.  

• Like 1

My Week 2 2018-2019 Tips 

Ravens over Bengals

Falcons over Panthers

Chargers over Bills 

Saints over Browns

Vikings over Packers 

Texans over Titans

Redskins over Colts

Chiefs over Steelers 

Jets over Dolphins

Eagles over Bucs

49ers over Lions

Rams over Cardinals 

Broncos over Raiders

Patriots over Jags

Cowboys over Giants

Seahawks over Bears

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PsychicVibe said:

Gordon pulled his hammy on Friday and was late for practice on Saturday, apparently acting rather oddly.

A red flag for substance abuse.......I hope he gets some help.

Playing for the Browns isn't easy but I didn't know it was that bad.

5 hours ago, Spyro said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000962213/article/browns-to-release-veteran-wr-josh-gordon-on-monday

I know @Oowa mentioned it above, but...linked it.

Such a shame. He had so much potential and it's been wasted.

Sadly for some the demons that haunt them also drive them to greatness and tragedy.

Thanks for the link. Of course it would be so Brownish if they ended up signing Dez.

On 9/13/2018 at 7:03 AM, Conker said:

My Week 2 2018-2019 Tips 

Ravens over Bengals

Falcons over Panthers

Chargers over Bills 

Saints over Browns

Vikings over Packers 

Texans over Titans

Redskins over Colts

Chiefs over Steelers 

Jets over Dolphins

Eagles over Bucs

49ers over Lions

Rams over Cardinals 

Broncos over Raiders

Patriots over Jags

Cowboys over Giants

Seahawks over Bears

In agreement with most of it but I went big on CAR over ATL!

oops took cincy too.......................look out for them!

Oh, gee. Aaron Rodgers is playing today. In other news, water is wet.

Week 2 is, in many ways, my favorite week of football. Teams have gotten their warm-up game out of the way, and this is when we start getting a much better feel for where these teams are trending. Looking over past posts, I think some of you may be too quick to judge the Lions and the Jets, based on last Sunday's match-up. I feel like that might have been a very deceiving game. The Lions are always good for one meltdown each year -- and the Jets have fooled people into thinking that they're contenders in years past -- so it's possible they both decided to get those anomalies out of the way at the same time.

I look for Jimmy G to bounce back against the Lions, my Vikings to make Swiss cheese out of the Packers, and...no, I think the Bears will prevail against the Seahawks tomorrow night. Because whoever decided Chicago needed to have two primetime games in a row had to have a reason.

Going home team for the rest of the games, although I'd love to see the Bucs upset the Eagles and you know I'm rooting for my boy Mahomes in Pitt. And hey, don't sleep on the Browns. This could be the big one.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I need some clarification.  That TD that the Packers just scored on the blocked punt, why was there no call for taking out the kicker's plant leg on the block?  Every time I've seen that happen it's been a roughing the kicker (because it's the plant leg and not the kicking leg) for 15 and an automatic 1st, is there some technicality I don't know about or did the refs just swallow their whistles because it's Green Bay at home?

• Like 1

Well i think Jameis might have a hard time getting the starting qb job back after a 2nd straight strong showing/win from Ryan Fitzpatrick 

congrats to Mike Vrabel on his first NFL win as head coach as his Titans beat the Texans 

and wow the day by Patrick Maholmes, The Chiefs for sure have a franchise qb

Edited by Conker
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Conker said:

well another tie, Vikings might wanna think about a new kicker after there rookie missed 3 including a 35fg for winner in OT.

Dan Bailey anyone??

lots of bad Kickers all around from the looks of things this season

I'm still holding reservations about Mohomes until he's on his second season as a starter. It's not uncommon for a new qb to start off strong but have a fall off after teams become more acquainted with his style

Edited by majob