National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

15 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Raise your hands if you predicted the beat down the Vikings took from the Bills? I did NOT see that coming at all!! 

Minnesota must've not felt like playing today. whoever bet on the Bills today made some serious dough. That Saints and Falcons game was a classic, game of the year so far. That Drew Brees sneak at the end to win was fitting even though I wish the OT rules were like college rules.

Just now, JuniorXX1000 said:

Minnesota must've not felt like playing today. whoever bet on the Bills today made some serious dough. That Saints and Falcons game was a classic, game of the year so far. That Drew Brees sneak at the end to win was fitting even though I wish the OT rules were like college rules.

No kidding, OT games in the NFL come down to who gets first possession most of the time, really isn't fair

Man, my fantasy team was hit or bust this week. I started Lindsay this week and he gets ejected in the first half... not to mention as @kidson2004 already said, who would've thought the Bills would beat down on the vikes?!? Diggs didn't deliver this week AT ALL. Lol. 

Unfortunately, my colts defense and costly penalties lost them the game. Granted, at least the colts defense looks like a NFL team this year.

My Dolphins are 3-0 :)

Yeah we look like shit but at least I can enjoy this for one more week before we are dismantled on week 4. It is making me nervous that Oakland was walking up and down the field on us and we won because of their horrible plays in the red zone

Jimmy G looks like he might have tore his ACL.  I hope he is okay

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Conker said:

NFL fix the roughing the passer rule, another garbage flag on Clay Matthews which looks 100% perfect

This was the point of emphasis the NFL instituted for this season.  As the NFL promptly explained, the flag was thrown and applied according to that point of emphasis.

It's also not something Packers fans ought to be whining about, because this point of emphasis is a response to how Aaron Rodgers got himself hurt last season and an attempt to prevent such plays in the future.  It's probably not working too well, what with the quantity of these particular flags having already been thrown this year, but the onus needs to be on the players to adapt in ways other than flapping their gums and writing checks to cover the fines.

4 minutes ago, acasser said:

This was the point of emphasis the NFL instituted for this season.  As the NFL promptly explained, the flag was thrown and applied according to that point of emphasis.

It's also not something Packers fans ought to be whining about, because this point of emphasis is a response to how Aaron Rodgers got himself hurt last season and an attempt to prevent such plays in the future.  It's probably not working too well, what with the quantity of these particular flags having already been thrown this year, but the onus needs to be on the players to adapt in ways other than flapping their gums and writing checks to cover the fines.

I don't like the rule either, but as you said, this was a point of emphasis so this should not be any shock.  During the Oakland/Miami game a flag was thrown because of a defender on Tannenhill and even I thought it was a little weak.  I hope when it comes to the playoffs, they lay back a little on the rule

Edited by Roughdawg4

1 hour ago, acasser said:

I get it's a point of emphasis but it's causing a ton of "WTF was he supposed to do" calls.  The call against Dallas during Seattle's first drive was one of those.  There was nothing gratuitous about what the Dallas defender did, he simply wrapped Wilson up and they fell.  He didn't drive his weight down in any way but because he landed on top (aka. a tackle) it resulted in a roughing call, on 3rd down.  The powers that be need to really consider what's more important, a .0001 percent chance that a QB gets hurt on the most basic of tackles or people getting fed up with watching the outcomes of games changed because of micromanaging BS like that. It doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to amend the emphasis to making a call if the QB is driven into the ground instead of just landed on. 

Or they could figure out what is and isn't a penalty against the kicker, because that blocked punt by the Rams took out both of the kicker's legs and nothing.  

Also, how would everyone here feel about a college thread.  Pretty sure there isn't one here and there's always a TON to talk after the average Saturday.

Edited by skidmarkgn

39 minutes ago, Conker said:

Ok are you serious, im a Cowboys fan, how is that flagged for roughing the passer on Seattle, this is seriously becoming a disgrace......

2nd one of the game... and it made the announcers just say they're done, talking about it for them became so frustrating that they're just not gonna do it anymore.  Easy solution, just change the name of the position to coddleback, because that's where we're at.

2 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

I get it's a point of emphasis but it's causing a ton of "WTF was he supposed to do" calls.

I agree with you.  But I'm not going to go further than to point out that it is a rule according to the NFL right now.  To paraphrase the late Antonin Scalia, it's a question of whether or not it's legal, not whether it is intelligent or desirable.

Besides, it's not like we put "intelligent" and "National Football League" into the same statement very often.  This is just one more example.

4 hours ago, JuniorXX1000 said:

I agree with the OT rules. They should play until there’s a clear-cut winner. I’m thinking it’ll be discussed during the offseason. 

27 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

I agree with the OT rules. They should play until there’s a clear-cut winner. I’m thinking it’ll be discussed during the offseason. 

Doubt that's happening as the NFL is attempting to mitigate injuries, not contribute to an increase in probability. 

They changed the rules for OT in playoff games after the darling Vikes got edged out by the Saints with a FG in '09. It's fine the way it is.