National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

9 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

The Sunday night game was amazing. Though my team lost and is no longer undefeated, can't feel too bad about it.

Yeah that game indeed was great, we need this in the playoffs. You should be excited for many years with Mahomes, he is a fantastic talent. other hand Patriots win but a few questions on there defense needs answering

11 minutes ago, Conker said:

Yeah that game indeed was great, we need this in the playoffs. You should be excited for many years with Mahomes, he is a fantastic talent. other hand Patriots win but a few questions on there defense needs answering

Or maybe the Chiefs offense is just that good?

To be fair, blown coverage on both sides of the ball. They'll likely fix those issues come January though. 

Edited by TheLakota

8 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

The Sunday night game was amazing. Though my team lost and is no longer undefeated, can't feel too bad about it.

Definitely an entertaining game! Mahomes looked mortal in the first half, but rebounded in the second. Tyreek Hill might be the most dynamic player in the league today. Chiefs' achilles heel might be their defense, but their offense is built for shoot-outs, so they should go far come playoff time.

My Week 7 2018-19 NFL Tips

Broncos over Cardinals 

Chargers over Titans 

Colts over Bills

Patriots over Bears

Bucs over Browns

Dolphins over Lions

Vikings over Jets

Panthers over Eagles 

Jags over Texans

Saints over Ravens

Cowboys over Redskins

Rams over 49ers

Chiefs over Bengals 

Falcons over Giants

Also to no-ones surprise NFL is finally worried about the Chargers in LA https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-owners-reportedly-worried-about-chargers-in-la-team-drops-revenue-projection-by-250m/ did anyone really not expect this 

1 hour ago, Conker said:

Also to no-ones surprise NFL is finally worried about the Chargers in LA https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-owners-reportedly-worried-about-chargers-in-la-team-drops-revenue-projection-by-250m/ did anyone really not expect this 

What? LA isn't supporting a professional football team? Who could have believed it?

I get so sick of the constant TV-driven decision making. I know TV is important, and I know that LA is a huge TV market. But if there's no fan support, it will look bad on TV, anyway, so what's the point? The Big 10(+4) is just as bad, adding the likes of Rutgers in hopes of bringing their brand to the NY market.

7 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

What? LA isn't supporting a professional football team? Who could have believed it?

I get so sick of the constant TV-driven decision making. I know TV is important, and I know that LA is a huge TV market. But if there's no fan support, it will look bad on TV, anyway, so what's the point? The Big 10(+4) is just as bad, adding the likes of Rutgers in hopes of bringing their brand to the NY market.

The ridiculous thing is, the Big 10 doesn't even have to "hope," nor even try to bring their brand to The NYC market. As the Big 10 has their own TV network, they get to count the entire NYC metropolitan area as a home market, and bill advertisers accordingly. It doesn't matter if two people out of 22 million actually tune into a Scarlet Knights game, they all get counted for TV revenue purposes. 

It's utterly pathetic that greed has stolen the tradition out of college football. 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, Conker said:

My Week 7 2018-19 NFL Tips

Broncos over Cardinals 

Chargers over Titans 

Colts over Bills

Patriots over Bears

Bucs over Browns

Dolphins over Lions

Vikings over Jets

Panthers over Eagles 

Jags over Texans

Saints over Ravens

Cowboys over Redskins

Rams over 49ers

Chiefs over Bengals 

Falcons over Giants

Agreed for the most part, though I've got:

Bears over Pat's

Browns over Bucs <-- feeling iffy on this one now after the trade, but I won't flip-flop.

Eagles over Panthers

Redskins over 'boys

Edited by TheLakota

6 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

I gotta figure out the Sam Bradford method to life.  That dude has made more money by doing nothing than I ever thought possible.

Care to expound, or are you attempting to be witty? Bradford is a good quarterback and had a damn good season in 2016: 20-5/71.6, the latter being a record in completion percentage until Brees reclaimed his spot the following year, making all right in the realm once again.

1 hour ago, TheLakota said:

Care to expound, or are you attempting to be witty? Bradford is a good quarterback and had a damn good season in 2016: 20-5/71.6, the latter being a record in completion percentage until Brees reclaimed his spot the following year, making all right in the realm once again.

I think he's just saying that Bradford has made a lot of money in his career by either being a backup or being hurt. I mean, just this year alone -- $20 million ($15 million guaranteed) to essentially play three games with the Cardinals. As a backup to Rosen, he'd be making over $300k per game, from the bench. Regardless of his talent, that's an absurd amount of money to be made by doing essentially nothing.

That said, when he HAS played (at least with the Vikings), he's looked good. I'll always wonder what might have been if he had replaced Keenum last year. Probably the same result, at best -- Keenum was playing out of his mind in some of those games -- but I certainly think Bradford is good enough to be a starter. Honestly, I thought Rosen looked terrible last night. He turned over the ball five times, and it probably should have been double that when you consider how many fumbles and interceptions were called back. But it amazes me that you got players like Nathan Peterman taking snaps while Bradford and Bridgewater are on the sidelines. (Yes, I know Peterman is a backup, but the Bills are clearly a team that needs a QB1 more than the Saints.)

But then, I like all ex-Vikings QBs. Except Josh Freeman. What ever happened to that guy?

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1