National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

50 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

lol could you imagine that commentator getting slapped in real life and wanting to press charges just to hear the cop say "well I mean it wasn't a closed fist so does it really warrant me putting this person in jail? Eh idk man it just seems like it's not worth it especially with this guy having a really shitty time in his life lately."

Yeah, no, that's fallacious. 

On topic, refs are doing their damndest to hand this game to the Pats. 

1 minute ago, TheLakota said:

Yeah, no, that's fallacious. 

On topic, refs are doing their damndest to hand this game to the Pats. 

It was a hypothetical funny. A dumb comment made on a dumb comment. Because honestly what the commentator said was absolutely retarded. This isn't NHL where short brawls are ok. You let a slap to the face like that go unpunished then imagine what else they'll get away with. (leeway on punishments breeds boundary pushing.) Should it matter if it was a slap or a punch? Should it matter that the Packers have have been getting "hit hard lately"? Nope.

I think the ref that called it was mainly seeing the guy knock him over even though he did hit the kicking leg first. The call should have gone differently.

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

It was a hypothetical funny. A dumb comment made on a dumb comment. Because honestly what the commentator said was absolutely retarded. This isn't NHL where short brawls are ok. You let a slap to the face like that go unpunished then imagine what else they'll get away with. (leeway on punishments breeds boundary pushing.) Should it matter if it was a slap or a punch? Should it matter that the Packers have have been getting "hit hard lately"? Nope.

It's Collinsworth. (Even on mute, I can tell.) He has some of the least inspiring commentary out there, but I think he was just saying it should've only been a foul, not an ejection.

Props to GB's defense for showing up tonight. They've made Brady look like a fool at times.

Just now, Cassylvania said:

It's Collinsworth. (Even on mute, I can tell.) He has some of the least inspiring commentary out there, but I think he was just saying it should've only been a foul, not an ejection.
Props to GB's defense for showing up tonight. They've made Brady look like a fool at times.

I got what he was saying, I just don't agree with it. My hypothetical funny was mainly him definitely having a different view if he was the one that got slapped. Easy to give your opinion on something until it happens to you is the moral of the story here. ? (I do firmly believe taking a swing in any sport should be an auto ejection...unless it's the NHL where it's encouraged lol.)

Well Patriots win, but man Green Bay in back 2 back weeks with fumbles at the wrong times, is it Panic time for them yet? 

Don't anyone overlook the La Chargers who are 6-2 after there win in Seattle today in what was Phillip Rivers 200th consecutive NFL Start 

18 minutes ago, Conker said:

Well Patriots win, but man Green Bay in back 2 back weeks with fumbles at the wrong times, is it Panic time for them yet? 

Don't anyone overlook the La Chargers who are 6-2 after there win in Seattle today in what was Phillip Rivers 200th consecutive NFL Start 

Pack are too banged up and just not playing good football right now. Calling it now: they miss the playoffs. 

Personally feel Chargers, Ravens and Steelers are the most dangerous teams in the AFC. Chief's lack of a defense worries me, but their offense is so damn good it may not even matter. 

Steelers are like "Le'Veon who?" xD I've heard several sports commentators say his holdout has backfired since Connor is doing better than him. Well, hope it was worth being selfish and greedy. I doubt he'll come back this season, but if he does, it'll be with his tail between his legs.

And the Browns did better than I expected today. Had me worried a bit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Steelers are like "Le'Veon who?" xD I've heard several sports commentators say his holdout has backfired since Connor is doing better than him. Well, hope it was worth being selfish and greedy. I doubt he'll come back this season, but if he does, it'll be with his tail between his legs.

And the Browns did better than I expected today. Had me worried a bit.

There's nothing "selfish" or "greedy" about wanting to be paid what you think you're worth in a career where one injury is all it takes for it to be all over in a position that that's not known for being the safest or its longevity. Bell gambled to be sure but I don't fault him for wanting security when he's close to looking at retirement and anyone who considers his actions "greedy" really don't know what they're talking about

• Like 2

2 hours ago, majob said:

There's nothing "selfish" or "greedy" about wanting to be paid what you think you're worth in a career where one injury is all it takes for it to be all over in a position that that's not known for being the safest or its longevity. Bell gambled to be sure but I don't fault him for wanting security when he's close to looking at retirement and anyone who considers his actions "greedy" really don't know what they're talking about

I rec'd this and removed the rec flag just so I could rec it again. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Didn't really watch too much while playing, but it seemed like a really ugly game all around. Dallas just didn't seem like they could get anything done.

Cowboys played bad and wasted redzone opportunities, whilst Titans played good after a few early turnovers and apart from a missed fg, scored a td on every redzone opportunity.  

Not so sure this will pay off for the Saints.

Edited to add: If anything, this will drop Drew's completion percentage and bump him out of the race for MVP (Partly serious, mostly sarcastic).

Second edit: a bit surprised no one's talking about the Dez or Bruce Irvin signings. Guess that's Wednesday for ya. 

Edited by TheLakota

9 hours ago, TheLakota said:

Not so sure this will pay off for the Saints.

Edited to add: If anything, this will drop Drew's completion percentage and bump him out of the race for MVP (Partly serious, mostly sarcastic).

Second edit: a bit surprised no one's talking about the Dez or Bruce Irvin signings. Guess that's Wednesday for ya. 

Yeah i'm skeptical about the Dez Bryant signing for the Saints, do they really need him and how rusty will he be since he hasn't played in a while. As For Irvin signing, crazy he turned down some big teams bt he wanted to play in his home city, i think in some ways he could help Atlanta seeing as how there defense has been banged up all season 

My Week 10 2018-19 NFL Tips

Steelers over Panthers

Falcons over Browns

Jets over Bills

Bears over Lions

Saints over Bengals

Patriots over Titans

Colts over Jags

Redskins over Bucs

Chiefs over Cardinals

Chargers over Raiders 

Packers over Dolphins

Rams over Seahawks

Eagles over Cowboys

49ers over Giants

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Conker said:

Steelers over Panthers

Falcons over Browns

Jets over Bills

Bears over Lions

Saints over Bengals

Patriots over Titans

Colts over Jags

Redskins over Bucs

Chiefs over Cardinals

Chargers over Raiders 

Packers over Dolphins

Rams over Seahawks

Eagles over Cowboys

49ers over Giants

Looks good to me.

10 hours ago, Conker said:

Steelers over Panthers

I honestly think Carolina's gonna win tonight. Pittsburgh's defense is suspect this season and their offense runs through Connor (who's having one helluva season so far! and I'm no where NEAR a Steelers fan). But if the Panthers front 4 close up the gaps early on, it'll be interesting to see how he handles it.

3 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

I honestly think Carolina's gonna win tonight. Pittsburgh's defense is suspect this season and their offense runs through Connor (who's having one helluva season so far! and I'm no where NEAR a Steelers fan). But if the Panthers front 4 close up the gaps early on, it'll be interesting to see how he handles it.

Steelers seem to be doing fine thus far. Always been a fan of AFC North defense. 

That said, there's still a lot of time left in this game.

Edit: never mind, Panthers getting absolutely thrashed.

Edited by TheLakota
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheLakota said:

Steelers seem to be doing fine thus far. Always been a fan of AFC North defense. 

That said, there's still a lot of time left in this game.

Edit: never mind, Panthers getting absolutely thrashed.

Annnnnnndddd I take back what I said lol ?

• Like 2