National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

Damn the early window was amazing today, so many close games.

Cowboys with the game winning fg against Atlanta in a game both teams needed

Lions stun Carolina after Ron Rivera's 2 point gamble failed 

Giants beat bucas 38-35 in a game where the Bucs yet again changed qb

Texans win 7th in a row hanging on to beat the Redskins 23-21 in a game where Alex Smith got badly hurt 

Ravens win Lamar Jackson's first start 24-21 in a game where he had over 100 rushing yards

Steelers rally from 16-0 down to win in the closing seconds on a Ben Roethlisberger 1 yrd td run 20-16

So yeah the early window was amazing :D 

Only one that wasn't close was the Colts getting to .500 in a blowout 38-10 win over the Titans 

Just a Vikings loss from today being basically a perfect day for the 'Hawks.  Cowboys winning is great, puts the Falcons basically out of it and Seattle has the head-to-head win over Dallas (although Dallas has a chance at the division now which ain't great), Carolina losing makes the seeding a little tighter and if the Vikes lose, Seattle's one step closer to the 2nd wildcard.  Potentially great week.

On 11/12/2018 at 7:33 PM, TheLakota said:

Horrible to hear what happened to Kupp and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Saints ended up going with Brandon Marshall after the Dez injury. Good signing.

You've got a dangerous squad and I feel Marvin is a good coach. Some say they need to start thinking about moving on from Lewis, but I tend to think one more solid draft could get them deep into the postseason.

Well his defence gave up over 400 yards again today, though I'm not sure if any coach in history could turn our defence into anything palatable! 

Lost a close one today, was a must win for both but seems like we played like crap again and needed a Baltimore 3rd quarter meltdown to even make it close. Hopefully we just tank from here on out, go 5-11 and clean house. I always used to stick with Marvin Lewis, and he probably would do a good job with another franchise where he's given tons of support, but his story ran in Cincinnati about a decade ago. Not sure what we achieve by sticking by him as we know his ceiling with the Bengals is a one-and-done in the playoffs season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Carolina, Atlanta and Minnesota all lost, which makes @ Carolina and vs. Minnesota HUGE games for Seattle.  I carry no illusions about the division but grabbing that 5th seed most likely means playing the winner of the East instead of the North, and that's quite a difference.

Yup. Looking like the winner of GB/MIN will be competing with Seattle or Carolina for the #6 seed at this point. The loser is likely out, because the winner will have the tiebreaker. And, unfortunately, I'm liking the Packers' chances a lot more. Extremely favorable schedule (easiest in the league), and a QB who doesn't throw pick-sixes at critical points in the game (or have a 4-12 record in prime time).

And I take back what I said last week: the Eagles ARE the most disappointing team in the league, by far.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Giants won the NFC East?

25 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Giants won the NFC East?

Is this even mathematically possible at this point?  I know the simple math says they're only three games back of the division lead right now (with 6 to play), but everybody in front of them owns the tiebreakers right now and very possibly will at the end of the season.  And there's a lot of divisional play left down the stretch, meaning some of those teams ahead of the G-Men are going to get some wins.

54 minutes ago, Splathew said:

This game is bad for my heart...

Who you telling? At least you got the 1 seed on lockdown. We have to play perfect football just to hang with LA, what with their easy ass schedule after tonight. 

Edited by TheLakota

5 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Game is WILD!! Here I’m thinking that the Saints/Rams game was the GOTY. This game will be THE GOTY hands down!!! 

Agree. The score indicates it's a bad defensive game, but I actually think its just two phenomenal offenses going toe-to-toe. It's like watching a Paul Westhead coached NBA basketball game in the mid-90s. 

11 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Agree. The score indicates it's a bad defensive game, but I actually think its just two phenomenal offenses going toe-to-toe.

That's one way to look at it. On the flip side, it shows they both possess porous defenses and will struggle come playoff time. 

12 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

That's one way to look at it. On the flip side, it shows they both possess porous defenses and will struggle come playoff time. 

Well, if I'm a Rams fan, I should worry about my coach's poor clock management skills come playoff time.

If Im a Chiefs fan, I should worry about Mahomes' lack of poise in the 4th quarter come playoff time. 

31 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Agree. The score indicates it's a bad defensive game, but I actually think its just two phenomenal offenses going toe-to-toe. It's like watching a Paul Westhead coached NBA basketball game in the mid-90s. 

you only looked up the score, didnt you? Off the top of my head, i know there have been at least 3 defensive touchdowns. I believe there were 6-7 turnovers?? Something along those lines.

• Like 1

Just now, PerryToxteth said:

Well, if I'm a Rams fan, I should worry about my coach's poor clock management skills come playoff time.

If Im a Chiefs fan, I should worry about Mahomes' lack of poise in the 4th quarter come playoff time. 

As for the rest of the NFL and its fans, I'd be worried about the RAMS and the CHIEFS.

• Like 1