National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

Ugh, call me a fuddy-duddy but I hate the direction the NFL is headed in.  Week after week teams are putting up 45+ points because defense is just dead (at least secondary defense).  And honestly, how many wins are the Rams gonna eek out because their opponent beats themselves.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, skidmarkgn said:

Ugh, call me a fuddy-duddy but I hate the direction the NFL is headed in.  Week after week teams are putting up 45+ points because defense is just dead.  And honestly, how many wins are the Rams gonna eek out because their opponent beats themselves.

Sorry you are a fuddy-duddy.

What a great passionate game against two great opponents! Last great MNF game like this I remember was SF vs NYG 10-1 vs. 10-1 final score 7-3 and it was awesome!

1 minute ago, PsychicVibe said:

Sorry you are a fuddy-duddy.

What a great passionate game against two great opponents! Last great MNF game like this I remember was SF vs NYG 10-1 vs. 10-1 final score 7-3 and it was awesome!

And that game was Lott vs. Bavaro 1990 and the hitting was incredible.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fish613 said:

you only looked up the score, didnt you? Off the top of my head, i know there have been at least 3 defensive touchdowns. I believe there were 6-7 turnovers?? Something along those lines.

Or, I might've watched it.

Both QB's throwing for nearly 500 yards. Teams having scoring drives in less than two minutes. Yeah, I saw Goff get strip-sacked for a fumble/INT/ whatever you call it. Most of the INT's did not come from the D backs making great plays. The Coliseum actually being full. And even more incredibly, being loud. 

Thanks for playing, try again. 

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I didn't realize they played college football on Mondays.

BIG 12 football invaded, I do wonder how these teams would go against the great defenses of the Baltimore Ravens :hmm: 

That game was amazing but was the best team this season not involved (Saints) ;) 

At this point, I'd say whoever wins the NFCC is going to win the Super Bowl. Rams or Saints. 

Have to add that this shows either how weak the defenses are on those two teams are how neutered defenses have become because of the new rules. Not saying a high scoring game isn't exciting but it's also a big indicator of a terrible defense.

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Conker said:

after that stat on monday night i just had to find a video of the Browns @ Bengals 2004 game which still is 2nd highest scoring game and here it is 

Thanks for sharing! I saw that stat on TV last night and was trying to think of who was on the Browns, especially who was QBing. And it was lightning-in-bottle Kelly Holcomb! 

Funny to hear all the names - Antonio Bryant, Dennis Northcutt, Rudi Johnson, Deltha O'Neal, Madieu Williams...

And finally, the answer to that perplexing trivia question - Who was the last Browns Head Coach to take them to the playoffs? 

3 hours ago, TheLakota said:

If you were the final vote in the MVP race and had to cast said vote today, who would you choose and why?

While I hate that the MVP award is almost always the MVQB award, I think it'd have to go to Brees, Ma Homies, or that guy in Pittsburgh. Hard to choose between them right now. I guess if I were picking, I'd have to go with Brees. Mahomes turned the ball over twice at the end of that game last night (in what was essentially his most important game as a pro), while Brees and co. found a way to beat the Rams. In a game of inches, the MVP award really belongs to the guy who comes up clutch when his team needs it the most. To me, that's Brees. But I think you could make a good argument for several other players, which just goes to show you how top-heavy the league has become.

What about a non-QB?

Edited by Cassylvania

3 hours ago, TheLakota said:

If you were the final vote in the MVP race and had to cast said vote today, who would you choose and why?

Mahomes simply because he's lit the league up this year and broke several records this year. I personally don't think he's the real deal but what he's done this season is undeniable

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

What about a non-QB?

Defense is almost always overlooked, but why not Aaron Donald?

14.5 sacks with 3 forced fumbles after only 11 games!? As a defensive tackle!? That's simply unheard of. And he's only 6' tall to boot! Eat your heart out Drew Brees.

2 hours ago, majob said:

Mahomes simply because he's lit the league up this year and broke several records this year. I personally don't think he's the real deal but what he's done this season is undeniable

To play devil's advocate, what really impressive records has he broken?

He had 8 straight games with 300+ yards, but Brees had 9 straight. TWICE. 

He's leading the league in touchdowns by a substantial margin, but Drew also did the year Rodgers was crowned, and the argument was Rodgers had a better TD:INT ratio. So why move the goal posts then to accommodate the league's shiny new toy?

37 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

Defense is almost always overlooked, but why not Aaron Donald?

14.5 sacks with 3 forced fumbles after only 11 games!? As a defensive tackle!? That's simply unheard of. And he's only 6' tall to boot! Eat your heart out Drew Brees.

Beat me to it.  The Rams' defense has in no way played up to its talent, but that guy...

Edited by skidmarkgn

My Week 12 2018-19 NFL Tips

Bears over Lions

Cowboys over Redskins

Saints over Falcons

Jags over Bills

Bengals over Browns 

Ravens over Raiders 

Patriots over Jets

Eagles over Giants

Bucs over 49ers

Seahawks over Panthers 

Chargers over Cardinals 

Steelers over Broncos 

Colts over Dolphins 

Vikings over Packers

Texans over Titans 

Well Thanksgiving games went as expected.

Bears win a close one, continuing to show how good there defense is and is Chase Daniel the best backup qb in the league?

Cowboys in a close game with Washington, solid offense showing and defense with 3ints on Colt McCoy and take the division lead, you wonder if this what we will see the rest of the way from the Redskins without Alex Smith at qb?

Saints offense dominates and that underrated defense force 4 turnovers to surely end the Atlanta Falcons season

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving, bring on Sunday's games