National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

3 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Well, it’s official. Not watching the Super Bowl this year. 

Been texting my friend the entire game. He thought this would be the year. It was a heartbreaking loss I'm sure. When there was 3 minutes left in the game, I texted him saying "too much time." You can't give the GOAT more than a minute. Granted, if Dee Ford isn't offsides, you guys would've won. 

At least Mahomes is only 23. Brady will retire in 5 years and 28 is usually when players are in their prime (if Mahomes isn't in it already, I can't wait to see it!). He'll get his chance!

...I say that only half-jokingly.

3 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

It's only from cinematic masterpiece.

You're going on time-out.

Quick google search of it says it's from The Room? Never heard of it. Time out is fine I have to take my meds anyways lmfao.

2 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Two epic games though!  Have both conference games ever gone into OT before?

I believe they said this is the first time ever.

2 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Brady will retire in 5 years

...1-2 years tops. I would be semi-surprised if he came back for the 2019-2020 season, but really surprised if he did for 2020-2021.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Quick google search of it says it's from The Room? Never heard of it. Time out is fine I have to take my meds anyways lmfao.

I believe they said this is the first time ever.

...1-2 years tops. I would be semi-surprised if he came back for the 2019-2020 season, but really surprised if he did for 2020-2021.

That was the part I was joking about. ? Granted, he did say he wants to play until he's 45, but I could see him retiring this year or next year if he wins the SB.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Formatting

Just now, MidnightDragon said:

Well, since I don't want to break my monitor, consider yourself lucky.

I hope the Rams can pull it off, but I know that probably won't happen. :( 

I will probably die from laughter if the pats win off a last second FG

10 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

If you take the right kind before watching The Room the film makes a lot more sense. 

10 minutes ago, majob said:

Brady is the GOAT

b0HKkTT.gif?noredirect

No he isn't. 

9 minutes ago, majob said:

I will probably die from laughter if the pats win off a last second FG

You have no soul. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

If you take the right kind before watching The Room the film makes a lot more sense. 

b0HKkTT.gif?noredirect

No he isn't. 

9 Super Bowl appearances. 5 championships. He's the GOAT. Even if you don't like him, at least respect what he's accomplished

12 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Fuck the Patriots! ?

And if I hear Brady is the GOAT one more time, I will punch somebody!

3-for-3 on third and long in OT.

GOAT :P

Great season by KC. Sorry about the loss but you're a Chiefs fan, you knew this was coming, right? History can be a real SOB.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

That was the part I was joking about. 1f643.pngGranted, he did say he wants to play until he's 45, but I could see him retiring this year or next year if he wins the SB.

Well...there are people who think he can, but I think they're delusional lol. Brady never seemed as sturdy as Favre and at his age I think one good hit from a hyped up 20-something will break him.

Just now, TheLakota said:

Not that kinda guy lol. If it weren't for the fact that my shoulder is still in as much pain as it is I wouldn't dream of touching this crap.

16 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

It's a film that so terrible, it's become a cult classic. The director/lead actor has a persona that is unintentionally campy.  Essentially famous for all the wrong reasons, like William Hung. James Franco came out with a movie just a few years ago playing that douchebag director. 

5 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Sorry about the loss but you're a Chiefs fan, you knew this was coming, right? History can be a real SOB.

Think we have a better shot at it now that we have Mahomes...and the Pats aren't gonna be nearly as good once Brady and Belichick are gone. You are aware of that, right? They won't be there forever.

4 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Well...there are people who think he can, but I think they're delusional lol. Brady never seemed as sturdy as Favre and at his age I think one good hit from a hyped up 20-something will break him.

Favre was sturdy because he played while being doped off his gourd.  He was doing opioids long before they become trendy.  

1 minute ago, PerryToxteth said:

It's a film that so terrible, it's become a cult classic. The director/lead actor has a persona that is unintentionally campy.  Essentially famous for all the wrong reasons, like William Hung. James Franco came out with a movie just a few years ago playing that douchebag director. 

I pretty much gathered that. xD 

2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Think we have a better shot at it now that we have Mahomes...and the Pats aren't gonna be nearly as good once Brady and Belichick are gone. You are aware of that, right? They won't be there forever.

Yeah, I see Reid revamping that defense in the offseason.  Maybe finding a solid replacement for Hunt.  I wish KC the best. 

9 minutes ago, majob said:

9 Super Bowl appearances. 5 championships. He's the GOAT. Even if you don't like him, at least respect what he's accomplished

No he's not. I respect him as a player, but he didn't kick the field goals and pay defensive back as well. Football is a team sport, so the minute you acknowledge he's benefited from a great system and great teams I'll admit he's a great quarterback. Until then, he's the checkdown king of dink and dunk. 

7 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

No he's not. I respect him as a player, but he didn't kick the field goals and pay defensive back as well. Football is a team sport, so the minute you acknowledge he's benefited from a great system and great teams I'll admit he's a great quarterback. Until then, he's the checkdown king of dink and dunk. 

I just listed his most apparent accomplishments and of course football, as most sports are, is team based but that in no way diminishes what he's achieved in comparison to his peers. The odds of a QB achieving and surpassing what he's done in our lifetime is slim. Come on man, You praise Brees as one of the best but somehow that privilege eludes Brady whom you could probably say has done more though both will have the gold jacket in the end

Just now, majob said:

I just listed his most apparent accomplishments and of course football, as most sports are, is team based but that in no way diminishes what he's achieved in comparison to his peers. The odds of a QB achieving and surpassing what he's done in our lifetime is slim. Come on man, You praise Brees as one of the best but somehow that privilege eludes Brady whom you could probably say has done more though both will have the gold jacket in the end

I never said Brady wasn't great, I said he wasn't the GOAT.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

I think it depends on how you define "GOAT." If you go by accomplishments, it's hard to argue against Brady. 3 MVPs, 5 SB rings, 9 appearances, and 4 SB MVPs. He also has the most playoff wins in NFL history and led his team to the biggest SB comeback ever. No one else even comes close. Peyton Manning has the most MVPs with 5 which is admirable to say the least, but doesn't match anywhere close when it comes to the playoffs.

If you want to go by actual QB play, I think you could make an argument for several players: Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, and many more.

I can't argue for or against your post though. You are not wrong and the definition to GOAT is subjective. It's a team sport; Tom didn't win 5 SBs by himself and if you define GOAT as I have in the latter, then I think you have a very valid point. If you don't think he's the most accomplished QB of all time, you're kidding yourself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

If you don't think he's the most accomplished QB of all time, you're kidding yourself.

This is pretty much where I stand on it at this point. As a Bills fan I've got plenty of reasons to dislike it but he's been tearing the league up for years and it's cool to see somebody keep it up at that age. I used to be on the bandwagon for bashing him but at this point I just appreciate the show they're putting on (unless it's against my team, of course :shakefist:). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think it depends on how you define "GOAT." If you go by accomplishments, it's hard to argue against Brady. 3 MVPs, 5 SB rings, 9 appearances, and 4 SB MVPs. He also has the most playoff wins in NFL history and led his team to the biggest SB comeback ever. No one else even comes close. Peyton Manning has the most MVPs with 5 which is admirable to say the least, but doesn't match anywhere close when it comes to the playoffs.

If you want to go by actual QB play, I think you could make an argument for several players: Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, and many more.

I can't argue for or against your post though. You are not wrong and the definition to GOAT is subjective. It's a team sport; Tom didn't win 5 SBs by himself and if you define GOAT as I have in the latter, then I think you have a very valid point. If you don't think he's the most accomplished QB of all time, you're kidding yourself.

Jesus Christ, why are you even taking it there? I never implied nor outright stated Brady isn't the most accomplished quarterback. He is. He's not, however, the best statistically (which has always been my issue with "Brady GOAT" fans). 

Brady's MVPs, like Manning's, are often the result of popularity contests. If they're not, explain why Brees didn't win in 2009. I'll wait. 

Regarding his Super Bowl MVPs, there's no argument to be made as those accomplishments stand on their own.

53 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

The hate is strong with this one.

• Like 1