National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

2 hours ago, majob said:

The media will vilify the players just as often as they do the owners. The Media just wants their drama, one way or the other, because nothing else will sell otherwise

That's all ESPN is at this point. Drama. It's People magazine and TMZ for sports fans. Remember when Sportscenter actually showed game highlights? It's to the point that franchises get screwed over it, like all the NBA players funneling trade info and speculation to ESPN. 

I miss the Craig Kilborn days...:(

10 hours ago, majob said:

The media will vilify the players just as often as they do the owners. The Media just wants their drama, one way or the other, because nothing else will sell otherwise

Some of the media will vilify the players just as often as they do the owners.  And some of the media is truly unbiased.  But some of the media has an agenda or has bought into the agendas of various players. 

And it shows with how certain things are covered by one outlet as opposed to another.  .... but that's true about pretty much every issue under the sun.

Well Patrick Mahomes won MVP plus OPOY and rightfully so. Saquon edged out Baker Mayfield for ROY, Aaron Donald wins DPOY. Next year’s gonna be good for Mahomes. 

Also, who ya got in the SuperBowl: Rams or Pats? 

Edited by kidson2004
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Splathew said:

Also, add me to the not watching the SB list. Bill going to confuse another young QB and Brady going to get another ring. Pass...

I didn't watch the Super Bowl last year.  Didn't miss it, either.

Not going to watch the Super Bowl this year.  Nor do I think I'm going to miss it, either.

• Like 1

Well, I don't know how great the game will be but the Party I'm going to will have lots of hottie-pa-totties there plus good food and drink.......and, the commercials and halftime show can be a lot of fun.

I actually expect the Rams interior defensive front to give the Pats lots of problems.........this could be a lower scoring game than most expect.

Vegas opened with the Rams as slight favorites but adjusted the line when money from one-time bettors poured in on NE. I'm going with the "smart" money and taking the RAMS!

Good luck and have fun everyone! Best holiday of the year!

After enduring a Red Sox / Dodgers world series and now a Pats / Rams superbowl (don't plan on watching the game today, not because of a boycott or anything, there's just no appeal) I might take up watching basketball just to see what it's like to not have Boston and LA in a championship game/series, and that's coming from a SEATTLE sports fan.

17 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

After enduring a Red Sox / Dodgers world series and now a Pats / Rams superbowl (don't plan on watching the game today, not because of a boycott or anything, there's just no appeal) I might take up watching basketball just to see what it's like to not have Boston and LA in a championship game/series, and that's coming from a SEATTLE sports fan.

Yeah...I wouldn't take up the NBA lmfao. My brother watches it and to me it's just a pathetic game to watch. You even think about moving within 2 feet of someone and it's a foul. Probably just go to any court near you and see a more entertaining game from teenagers. (good god I miss playing. ?)

11 minutes ago, closertim said:

I get that some people don't like the Patriots but pretty much every superbowl they've played in it's been mildly entertaining. Anyway I'm hoping for a 6th ring today but I dunno. Wouldn't be surprised if the Rams pull it off.

Absolutely, I don't hate the Pats as a Bengals fan (lol why would I, completely different spheres altogether) but I get why a lot of people do. But the Pats making the Superbowl pretty much guarantees it'll be a really good one.

I think if I'm the Rams, I'm pretty happy about playing the Pats. Of course, Brady-Belichick have 5 wins but they also lost 3 of these. Of those 5 wins, 3 of them are now 14+ years ago and were all by a FG margin. The two recent wins were both games that they should've lost. The Pats winning by a TD in Overtime against Atlanta was their BIGGEST winning margin in a SB ever. NE are the dominant team of this millennium, no argument can be had about that. But they aren't dominant in Superbowl's despite winning 5 of them now, and not even close either.

That said, if I were putting money on it I'd go with the Pats. Just in a close one. This has the makings of a really good game

23 minutes ago, closertim said:

I get that some people don't like the Patriots but pretty much every superbowl they've played in it's been mildly entertaining. Anyway I'm hoping for a 6th ring today but I dunno. Wouldn't be surprised if the Rams pull it off.

It will be a great game I am sure it just for me it is getting a little tiring seeing patriots in the superbowl every fucking year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

The amount of asses that must be clenched in this nation is insane lol.

I didn't expect the game to be going like this really.

defense's been playing great, though the Rams are doing nothing with the ball, Julian Edelman has more yards the the LA Rams at ht xD 

Just now, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

That first FG attempt was just whacky too. If a ball could be arrested for DUI it would have been that one.

i love how he missed it after Jim Nanz said no fg's have been missed in the stadium all season. Announcer jinx xD