National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

24 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Alexander got waaaay too much credit for the '05 season and Seattle pulled a huge boner signing him after that.  When you have Jones and Hutch blocking for you, and infant could have pulled off a thousand yard year.  When they hey screwed the pooch with Hutch and the "poison pill" disaster Alexander was kind of exposed.  Anyways, I didn't say to break the bank and sell the future on Brown, I said take a look.  If he wants some kind of absurd amount, move on.  No biggie.  If he's willing to do some kind of short term "prove it" deal, which doesn't seem too out of the question after taking an entire year off, then who knows. 

If Seattle's off-season consisted of:

-Extending Clark

-Extending Sweezy and Fluker

-Signing Brown to a short term deal

I'd be fine with it, not thrilled, but fine.  They can work on extending Wilson during the  '19 season and if it doesn't work out, tag him for the band aid and figure it out next year.  Honestly though, I have no worries about them being dumb enough to lose Wilson.  

Referencing that "poison pill" deal with Hutchinson just brought a smile to my face.

Thank you. 

Sincerely,

All Viking Fans

12 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I've been seeing articles stating there are rumors about the Seahawks losing Wilson? I'm not up to date on anything other than headlines so what's your take?

Don't quote me on any of this but I thiiiiiiink it was Colin Cowherd (no idea how to spell his name) who started the rumor that Wilson wants to go play for the Giants.  There's really no validity to it so far but if it's true... then whatever.  He's still under contract with Seattle this year and they can (I believe) tag him after that so it'd be the 2021 season before that's really a possibility.  Otherwise the Giants would have to offer Seattle a kings ransom to get Seattle's franchise QB.

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's just that simple.

I kinda disagree.  Signing Wilson is of course correct but the O-line was fine.  If you recall, It was the 3rd and 14 against Dallas that Seattle's defense couldn't stop that ended their season, and that became kind of a theme during the entire back half of the regular season too.  The defense is young and they have nowhere to go but up but I'd still argue that Seattle needs pass rush more than O-line help.  3rd and long was an absolute disaster all season long because opposing QB's were far too comfortable far too often.

1 minute ago, MidnightDragon said:

Pats said he did nothing wrong. We shall see.

Kraft spokesman says that they categorically deny that he did anything illegal and will not comment further because it is now a "legal matter."

I'm sure that he'll have excellent legal representation and is probably not at risk for jail time.

It will be interesting to see what happens, if anything, regarding the NFL's personal conduct policy which also (supposedly) applies to owners. Fine? Suspension? Probation?

We'll see. I'm betting on double secret probation.

4 minutes ago, PsychicVibe said:

I wonder how Kraft found this "spa". Its a rather bland looking site in a mall. Someone must have referred him to it.

cp-trump-kraft-082117x.jpg?itok=G3Qt9RPv

I find it more likely that Kraft pissed off someone more powerful than him. Guy has has an SEC investigation into his holdings right now and this just goes on top as well. Tell me that isn't a coincidence

Edited by majob

7 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

You are a billionaire and you're paying to have sex with a 59-year-old??? Did early onset dementia make you forget how easy it is to score with the groupies using gifts of jewelry, cars, designer clothes?

Well the pats have never been known to pay for top talent after all

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

You are a billionaire and you're paying to have sex with a 59-year-old??? Did early onset dementia make you forget how easy it is to score with the groupies using gifts of jewelry, cars, designer clothes?

Your average bloke perusing the Internet: "I have a fifth grade reading level."

PerryToxteth: "Hold my beer."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

I believe the 59 year old you may be referring to is the proprietor of the "day spa" and was charged with recruiting girls.

Kraft's girlfriend (see a previous post of mine) is 39. Kraft is 77. I imagine he has gifted her plenty of jewelry, cars, clothes and he might even be paying for her rent.

Ideal age for a trophy wife? Half your age plus seven years. So if he keeps her, she's good to go well into his nineties.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 6:35 PM, PerryToxteth said:

I recall a story about the legendary actor John Wayne.  It's said he also patronized prostitutes when he could probably have had groupies and the like give it to him for free.

And when he was asked about it?  He was supposed to have said that he wasn't paying for sex, but for the girls/women to go away afterwards.

On 2/25/2019 at 8:02 PM, acasser said:

I recall a story about the legendary actor John Wayne.  It's said he also patronized prostitutes when he could probably have had groupies and the like give it to him for free.

And when he was asked about it?  He was supposed to have said that he wasn't paying for sex, but for the girls/women to go away afterwards.

I was once told by a British gent this wise axiom: Never purchase when it involves the three F's. Always rent anything that Flies, Floats, or F**ks.