National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

17 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I read an article, I think yesterday, about someone else defending him and the guy is supposedly one of the dirtiest NFL players in history. (can't remember his name now. Bill something?) I mean ffs how can you defend a piece of shit like this guy. :facepalm: 

• Like 1

Alright, tonight's the night.  Seattle needs this home win against the Rams to have any chance for the division title.  I fully expect the slow sloppy start that Seattle seemingly always has and hopefully they can keep the game close going into the half.  Gurley and Donald are gonna decide who wins this game, they show up, Rams win, they're contained, Seattle wins.

4 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Alright, tonight's the night.  Seattle needs this home win against the Rams to have any chance for the division title.  I fully expect the slow sloppy start that Seattle seemingly always has and hopefully they can keep the game close going into the half.  Gurley and Donald are gonna decide who wins this game, they show up, Rams win, they're contained, Seattle wins.

I don't know the line, but it must be close.

Rams are a bit discombobulated, especially after the Tampa loss. Hard to fathom a Wade Phillips defense ever giving up 55 points, but to Tampa???  Goff has been disappointing, though they do have Kupp back.

On 10/3/2019 at 2:49 AM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I read an article, I think yesterday, about someone else defending him and the guy is supposedly one of the dirtiest NFL players in history. (can't remember his name now. Bill something?) I mean ffs how can you defend a piece of shit like this guy. :facepalm: 

It's gotta be Romanowski. I read that article, too. 

Birds of a feather...

• Like 1

You know what irks me!? The fact that the NFL apparently doesn't give a shit for it's players because the reason I'm saying this is because Odell Beckham Jr. got fined for being "choked on" while JC Tretter also got blatantly fined for breaking up the fight according to an article on ESPN. It's a complete travesty that the NFL would go so low as to impose fines on players who have been wronged against and victimized. Am I the only one here that sees the NFL as a conspiracy to try to ruin player's lives? >:<

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

You know what irks me!? The fact that the NFL apparently doesn't give a shit for it's players because the reason I'm saying this is because Odell Beckham Jr. got fined for being "choked on" while JC Tretter also got blatantly fined for breaking up the fight according to an article on ESPN. It's a complete travesty that the NFL would go so low as to impose fines on players who have been wronged against and victimized. Am I the only one here that sees the NFL as a conspiracy to try to ruin player's lives? >:

It's appropriate neutral response as crummy as it sounds. What Tretter did could be seen as potentially escalating the situation to bigger fight. By fining him, the NFL let's it be known they won't tolerate escalating physical confrontations which means they avoid lawsuits

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, majob said:

It's appropriate neutral response as crummy as it sounds. What Tretter did could be seen as potentially escalating the situation to bigger fight. By fining him, the NFL let's it be known they won't tolerate escalating physical confrontations which means they avoid lawsuits

Maybe but it could also be the other way around unfortunately :(

2 hours ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

You know what irks me!? The fact that the NFL apparently doesn't give a shit for it's players because the reason I'm saying this is because Odell Beckham Jr. got fined for being "choked on" while JC Tretter also got blatantly fined for breaking up the fight according to an article on ESPN. It's a complete travesty that the NFL would go so low as to impose fines on players who have been wronged against and victimized. Am I the only one here that sees the NFL as a conspiracy to try to ruin player's lives? >:<

If this were hockey, Beckham would have got an instigator minor along with a roughing penalty.  He was doing stuff all game long after the whistle. Refs should have flagged him early so the situation wouldn't have escalated to where it ended up. 

23 hours ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

Don't let the sensationalizing media fool you.  Odell was actually the man at fault if you watch everything instead of just the "choking" footage.  Odell first threw a punch, then he was grabbed by his jersey just below his neck, he went down and whats-his-face (can't remember the other player's name off the top of my head) never let go of his jersey, no hands were ever put around Odell's throat.  

• Like 1

Kyler Murray has 1st NFL win after beating Bengals

Eagles have 10 sacks in easy win over Jets

Bills move to 4-1, Saints 3-0 with Bridgewater

Atlanta is a mess, 1-4 and gave up 50+ today 

Edited by Conker

7 minutes ago, Conker said:

Kyler Murray has 1st NFL win after beating Bengals

Eagles have 10 sacks in easy win over Jets

Bills move to 4-1, Saints 3-0 with Bridgewater

Atlanta is a mess, 1-4 and gave up 50+ today 

To add onto this 

Patriots are still dominant suprise surprise

Giants have  an off day in a loss to the Vikings 

Edited by Yuna4353

3 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

To add onto this 

Patriots are still dominant suprise surprise

Giants have  an off day in a loss to the Vikings 

Cousins played well since was not a big game xD and lets see if Jay Gruden survives too Miami

• Like 1