National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

9 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Steelers, 1-4, Dolphons, 0-5, Jets, 0-4, Redskins, 0-5.  Only the damn Patriots could luck into a schedule that easy.  

Well, they did beat the Steelers when Big Ben was at the helm. But yes, New England should roll right into November unbeaten (home game vs. NYG, at NYJ, Home vs. CLE).

Toughest remaining foes are both in Foxboro (DAL, KC). Toughest road games left are at Baltimore and Houston. If Indy can pull this off tonight in Arrowhead, it would be huge in home-field advantage! :P

- My verdict on Daniel Jones; better than anticipated. I still feel bad for Eli, but upon reflection of the last few games I've seen Manning play, he rightfully should be yanked. Jones has good mobility, but he got a proper 'Welcome to the NFL' hazing by the Vikes D-line today.  Dude got lit up by Danielle Hunter and crew. 

5 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Well, they did beat the Steelers when Big Ben was at the helm. But yes, New England should roll right into November unbeaten (home game vs. NYG, at NYJ, Home vs. CLE).

Toughest remaining foes are both in Foxboro (DAL, KC). Toughest road games left are at Baltimore and Houston. If Indy can pull this off tonight in Arrowhead, it would be huge in home-field advantage! :P

- My verdict on Daniel Jones; better than anticipated. I still feel bad for Eli, but upon reflection of the last few games I've seen Manning play, he rightfully should be yanked. Jones has good mobility, but he got a proper 'Welcome to the NFL' hazing by the Vikes D-line today.  Dude got lit up by Danielle Hunter and crew. 

My Browns are gonna shock the world

ForsakenSneakyCommabutterfly-max-1mb.gif

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Steelers, 1-4, Dolphons, 0-5, Jets, 0-4, Redskins, 0-5.  Only the damn Patriots could luck into a schedule that easy.  

Yea that is true they faced teams that are not great, and they have another team this time with Giants. 

In other news Chiefs lost which Is honestly shocking because I thought they had this game. 

37 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

33 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Honestly, I would say DAL would be a tough team but with how the Cowboys are playing these past two games Patriots might steamroll them the other teams might give them a run but not DAL right now (might change my mind if they can get their act together). 

Edited by Yuna4353

8 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

Yea that is true they faced teams that are not great, and they have another team this time with Giants. 

In other news Chiefs lost which Is honestly shocking because I thought they had this game. 

The Chief's defense is abysmal against the run and the Colt's defense was the highest ranking pass rush they've faced this season so far

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

Honestly, I would say DAL would be a tough team but with how the Cowboys are playing these past two games Patriots might steamroll them the other teams might give them a run but not DAL right now (might change my mind if they can get their act together). 

True. Packers proved Dallas might not be all-world.  Pats' home game vs. Buffalo might be a tougher test than DAL, though Brady's record vs. the Bills is ridiculous. 

I also forgot that there's a road test in Phill in early Nov. 

- KC's O-line got exposed tonight. And their Pac-12 defense got run over. Karma for Justin Houston to make that fourth down tackle on his old foe. 

2 hours ago, Yuna4353 said:

Every year "experts" stated them as SB contender, and after the easy wins againts bad teams they already had the spot for many, yet the first two real teams show how every season end for DAL...

17 minutes ago, Zio_Sam87 said:

Every year "experts" stated them as SB contender, and after the easy wins againts bad teams they already had the spot for many, yet the first two real teams show how every season end for DAL...

Yea and the cowboys  face a sorta easy  team next week in the Jets 

4 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Feels like the Colts took out half our offense.

Yeah with all the running plays keeping them off the field, though didn’t help Mahomes wasn’t 100% and really wasn’t scrambling like he does. 

Still a great and big upset win win for the colts 

On 9/30/2019 at 10:07 AM, djb5f said:

Yeah, but letting it play out backfires a lot.  See last night in the Cowboys/Saints game.  They let Elliot's "fumble" play out when he was 99% likely down, sure appeared that way but did not correct/reverse the call on instant replay. 

We are seeing more and more of this type of nonsense from letting it play out.  Replay needs to fix these calls or else the refs need to make the right call on the field as they see it (i.e. not letting it play out).

Between the Zeke "fumble", two very questionable offensive pass interferences on Amari Cooper, and the TWO-SECOND floater pass before the end of the 1st half to allow the Saints a field goal (spoiler: they won by 2), I can't imagine that Cowboys fans are happy with the officiating.  Maybe last night was justice to placate disgruntled Saints fans but the officiating was horrible.

The clock clearly started late and stopped early (not suppose to stop until the ball hits the ground).  2 seconds for all of that!?  LOL

The Cowboys got the short end of the stick in officiating against the Saints but too many self-inflicted mistakes against the Packers.  They have a “Get right” game against the hapless Jets.  As expected, the NFC East will come down to the Cowboys and Eagles again.  

Patriots can just about clinch home field at this point.  They won’t go undefeated though even with that favorable schedule.  I still think KC is the best shot to beat them from the AFC and the Chiefs can win in Foxboro.

This is actually a decent MNF game.  Dare I say, Go Browns?!

55 minutes ago, djb5f said:

The Raiders are not as much of a train wreck as last year but could you imagine 2 Gruden’s on the staff?  That won’t end well.

To be fair, Jon had Jay on staff when he took the Bucs to the Super Bowl. Jay is a decent coach but Dan Snyder is a nightmare to work for from what I hear. He makes essentially all personnel decisions and made Gruden draft players he didn't want.

47 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Brown are about the most Jeckyll and Hyde team I've seen in a long long time.

This year's Browns aren't THAT good.  Yeah, they whomped the Ravens last week, but what else have they done this year?  Do they deserve any credit for beating the Jets when it's possible that the bunch of us chatting in this thread could give the no-Sam Darnold version of the Jets a competitive game?

28 minutes ago, acasser said:

This year's Browns aren't THAT good.  Yeah, they whomped the Ravens last week, but what else have they done this year?  Do they deserve any credit for beating the Jets when it's possible that the bunch of us chatting in this thread could give the no-Sam Darnold version of the Jets a competitive game?

It's not so much that, it's more (Rams game aside) they're either blowing the opponent out or getting blown out.  Very little middle ground.

Why did folks think the Browns were going to the Super Bowl?  They're going to be a 9 win team this year.  Njoku is out for most the year, and the defense still ain't fully healthy yet.  They're also missing at least three lineman.  @MidnightDragon Mahomes gonna get the Madden Curse.  Don't ever compare Baker to Manziel.  Baker ain't THAT bad

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 3