National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

1 hour ago, grimydawg said:

Why did folks think the Browns were going to the Super Bowl?  They're going to be a 9 win team this year.  Njoku is out for most the year, and the defense still ain't fully healthy yet.  They're also missing at least three lineman.  @MidnightDragon Mahomes gonna get the Madden Curse.  Don't ever compare Baker to Manziel.  Baker ain't THAT bad

After they lose hosting the Seahawks and visiting the Pats they will be 2-5. But after that, their competition is very weak, with 5 of their last 7 games against the pathetic AFC North, and their other two games are against Arizona and Miami (yuk). So yeah, they might even make the playoffs if they can hold it together. They might even win the AFC North with 8 wins.

But the Niners clearly exposed Baker. The only completions downfield he had (and there were very few) was when he exited the pocket and threw down a sideline. Baker isn't a terrible QB but is clearly limited in what he can do at the NFL level. He's no Russell Wilson.

Cleveland should build their offense around Chubb.

Best coach at Cleveland is Steve Wilks. Currently there is no offensive mind at Cleveland to develop and support Baker Mayfield.

1 minute ago, PsychicVibe said:

After they lose hosting the Seahawks and visiting the Pats they will be 2-5. But after that, their competition is very weak, with 5 of their last 7 games against the pathetic AFC North, and their other two games are against Arizona and Miami (yuk). So yeah, they might even make the playoffs if they can hold it together. They might even win the AFC North with 8 wins.

But the Niners clearly exposed Baker. The only completions downfield he had (and there were very few) was when he exited the pocket and threw down a sideline. Baker isn't a terrible QB but is clearly limited in what he can do at the NFL level. He's no Russell Wilson.

Cleveland should build their offense around Chubb.

Best coach at Cleveland is Steve Wilks. Currently there is no offensive mind at Cleveland to develop and support Baker Mayfield.

Baker has issues.  I already knew that from last year.  Half of the o-line is still injured.  So, that makes it even worse for him.  They should try to get Trent Williams.  The LT is the biggest issue, after all.  They're going 3-3 going into the bye week.  the Niners still would gave likely won, but it would have been 10-14 if Callaway can catch :facepalm:  SF scored after that.  That was game pretty much after that.  I also agree with the coaching, but the Haslams strike again....   

• Like 3

11 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

It's not so much that, it's more (Rams game aside) they're either blowing the opponent out or getting blown out.  Very little middle ground.

The Jets have been blown out every game except for one, too.  Does that make them Jekyll and Hyde, or just "Hyde the women and children!"  ?

11 hours ago, grimydawg said:

Baker has issues.  I already knew that from last year.  Half of the o-line is still injured.  So, that makes it even worse for him.  They should try to get Trent Williams.  The LT is the biggest issue, after all.  They're going 3-3 going into the bye week.  the Niners still would gave likely won, but it would have been 10-14 if Callaway can catch :facepalm:  SF scored after that.  That was game pretty much after that.  I also agree with the coaching, but the Haslams strike again....   

I have to say that not only is LT one of their issues, but coaching as well. It’s like they never got out of bed last night. I do agree that they need to go after Trent Williams, but better coaching and playcalling helps tremendously. Should’ve established the run early and often. 

While I certainly didn't expect a 4-0 start from the 9ers, nor do I love it because it just makes the division that much more difficult, I gotta admit, seeing Sherman back to form (and I'm not talking about on the field) is so much fun.  His attitude went to shit when he was with Seattle and he obviously wasn't happy anymore, now that the 9ers are a force, the old Sherm is coming out again.

10 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

I imagine tonight's game is really going to be a blow just because of the Patriots looking like the team they are. Let hope giants can give them a game.

You never know. With the weather the way it is (rainy, windy), offenses may not fare well. Throw in a special teams play or two, and this one could turn out to be a low scoring mucky yuck close kind of game. And New England's offensive line is banged up.

Spread on this one is 17. New England should win this one, but I expect the Giants to beat the spread.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PsychicVibe said:

You never know. With the weather the way it is (rainy, windy), offenses may not fare well. Throw in a special teams play or two, and this one could turn out to be a low scoring mucky yuck close kind of game. And New England's offensive line is banged up.

Spread on this one is 17. New England should win this one, but I expect the Giants to beat the spread.

fair enough i expect pats to win to

1 hour ago, majob said:

And the Pats covered the spread perfectly. Almost uncanny

Weird game.

one week prior, Vikes offense hit the accelerator and never let up vs. Giants D, but Brady and Co. had a hard time sustaining a drive for much of the game.  

NE's achilles heel right now is definitely their O-line.  I thought the Vikes front five was one of the worst in the league when it comes to pass blocking, but the Giants' rush never really affected Cousins. But last night, G Men's rush was getting to Brady consistently. When NE faces a quality defense, they're going to be in trouble. 

And no surprise Belichick makes a rookie QB look bad.  I was more impressed with D. Jones vs. MN, but his O line is also bad (it features an old Viking FA washout at RT), and Giants are missing their offensive weapons. Season might be rough for NYG, but I think they have now leapfrogged WAS in the NFC East for the foreseeable future. 

10 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Yeah, NFC East will come down to Cowboys and Eagles again.  

NFC North is going to be fascinating with all four teams currently over .500.  Even Detroit may finally be a factor.

The Monday night game will really set the tempo for NFC North. If the Lions win, it could be anyone's game. Packers win and we all know Rodgers runs the table

I'm really curious to see which version of the Texans shoe up this week. Scored 27, 13, 27, 10, then 53. Hoping we can finally string two good offensive weeks together, but I don't have a ton of faith in our coaching staff.

At least they're going against KCs pathetic defense so that should help. It'll depend on whether the defensive line can pressure Mahommes enough to help out our terrible secondary play. 

• Like 1

Kyle Allen has an interesting case. If he carries on with the Panthers as he is now then he can generate a genuine quarterback controversy for the Panthers or be excellent trade bait for Riviera 

Edited by majob

12 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

SMH

Don't get too down yet, Cleveland's still up at the half.  Seattle's got the momentum but they're still playing from behind and their pass-rush has been non-existent.  Mayfield could still find his rhythm with all the time he's getting and pull away.  I mean, I hope not, but it's certainly not outta the question.

Just now, skidmarkgn said:

Don't get too down yet, Cleveland's still up at the half.  Seattle's got the momentum but they're still playing from behind and their pass-rush has been non-existent.  Mayfield could still find his rhythm with all the time he's getting and pull away.  I mean, I hope not, but it's certainly not outta the question.

Freddie Kitchens is a moron.  Give Nick Chubb the ball.  You can literally do that and use some PA passes.  It was a 13 point swing instead....