National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

So you know a game is so bad when the switched it to a different game. in my area on fox, I had eagles-Vikings and it got switched to the Seahawks-Browns. Honestly, im not surprised because Eagles are going to lose the game which that means next Sunday night game could be interesting if the  Cowboys were to lose.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, majob said:

Kyle Allen has an interesting case. If he carries on with the Panthers as he is now then he can generate a genuine quarterback controversy for the Panthers or be excellent trade bait for Riviera 

Riverboat Ron needs to worry about winning enough games to keep his job before he's concerned about potential quarterback controversies and/or the trade value of his backup.

So how about Lamar Jackson today, over 150yards rushing and 200yrds passing in there win

in the winless battle the Redskins pull out a 17-16 win, That after Rosen benched and Fitzpatrick lead 2 4th qtr tds, more questions for Miami

Saints keep loving Bridgewater after another win today, like Carolina are with Allen

8 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Amazing that Bridgewater is 4-0 with the Saints.  The epitome of a game manager.  Nothing downfield, only 5 yard passes, score about 16 points a game and rely on the defense to win it.

Game manager is all you need when the rest of the team is good enough to do it on their own. Plenty of Super Bowl wins out there as a testament to that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acasser said:

Riverboat Ron needs to worry about winning enough games to keep his job before he's concerned about potential quarterback controversies and/or the trade value of his backup.

If Carolina ends up in a Brady/Bledsoe scenario, can we nickname him Kryptonite Kyle? :P

1 hour ago, Splathew said:

I would run it every play vs the Chiefs D. My goodness do they suck vs the run...

Let's call them the BOCHICA (Bend Over Chiefs...) defense. Everyone in the stadium knows the offense is running, and there's not one damn thing the KC defense can do about it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, majob said:

Game manager is all you need when the rest of the team is good enough to do it on their own. Plenty of Super Bowl wins out there as a testament to that

I would not say plenty.  There have been a few like Trent Dilfer and Peyton Manning’s 2nd SB win.  He was a shell of himself by then.

1 minute ago, Yuna4353 said:

So with the Jets winning against the Cowboys I can honestly say this that the Cowboys are not going to playoffs. If you lost against a winless team that does not go well, and you know they won't fire Jason Garrett when it comes down to it. 

Losses to bad teams happen but it doesn't mean they're out of the running. Patriots lost to the Lions last season but it certainly didn't stop them on their way to the Super Bowl

5 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

So with the Jets winning against the Cowboys I can honestly say this that the Cowboys are not going to playoffs. If you lost against a winless team that does not go well, and you know they won't fire Jason Garrett when it comes down to it. 

Cowboys are still 1st place.  It will come down to the Cowboys/Eagles games.  Not that they are likely to do anything  in the playoffs.

also, the Jets with Darnold are likely a semi-competent team.  They should have defeated the Bills in Week 1 and Darnold was playing with mono.  

6 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Cowboys are still 1st place.  It will come down to the Cowboys/Eagles games.  Not that they are likely to do anything  in the playoffs.

also, the Jets with Darnold are likely a semi-competent team.  They should have defeated the Bills in Week 1 and Darnold was playing with mono.  

Good point and yea the Cowboys had injuries but knowing the Cowboys fans they want Jason Garrett which we know won't happen because Jones is on with Garrett.  

1 hour ago, Yuna4353 said:

I think you can excuse Dallas based on the injury bug today.  They were without both starting Offensive Tackles, and it wasn't until halftime that the Cowboys adjusted and did something about the Jets knocking Prescott on his ass every other play.  They also lost Amari Cooper in the 1st quarter, and that was a killer -- the Jets simply can't defend good Wide Receivers right now.

And going for it on 4th-and-2 in the second quarter was curious.  I understand being aggressive in today's NFL, but that was a massive swing in the game, not getting the 1st down and then letting up a big play straight afterwards.

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

They'd have beaten the Bills in Week 1 if C.J. Mosley didn't get hurt.  Alas, not only is Mosley still hurt, but the Jets lost another MLB today.  They might be trawling this comments section now looking for an extra body or two to put in there.  ?

I explained this to my mother today.  The difference between Sam Darnold and Luke Falk isn't really physical.  I mean, I suppose there probably are some, but both guys are athlete enough and big/strong enough to be an NFL quarterback.

The difference between the two is mental.  Sam Darnold can process the game quickly, make his reads, and get the ball out of his hands.  Luke Falk, like a lot of good NCAA quarterbacks who can't succeed at the next level, is a guy who doesn't do that.  He doesn't read defenses as well or as quickly, so the ball is in his hands and he's knocked on his ass.

It's amazing how much better a team looks when the quarterback is competent, eh?  Not that they're likely to beat New England next Monday night -- I don't see how the Jets stop the Patriots offense even if C.J. Mosley is back -- but the game is likely to be somewhat competitive and the spread won't be New England -22 as it was three weeks ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acasser said:

I think you can excuse Dallas based on the injury bug today.  They were without both starting Offensive Tackles, and it wasn't until halftime that the Cowboys adjusted and did something about the Jets knocking Prescott on his ass every other play.  They also lost Amari Cooper in the 1st quarter, and that was a killer -- the Jets simply can't defend good Wide Receivers right now.

And going for it on 4th-and-2 in the second quarter was curious.  I understand being aggressive in today's NFL, but that was a massive swing in the game, not getting the 1st down and then letting up a big play straight afterwards.

Yea it understandable it just frustrating a bit that Dallas did not have a good game due to the injuries, and yea coaching issues are there and they need to be fixed because Dallas has really important games this was maybe the last team that I would consider meh (correct me if I'm wrong)

I fear the Madden Curse is about to fully strike Mahomes. He hurt his ankle week 1 and it keeps getting hurt. He hasn't quite been the same since. And the holes in our defense just keep getting worse. 

Also, Adam Gase is a fucking idiot. Yea, not KC related. Just wanted to say it.

• Like 1

So...is it the Lions not looking too shabby or the Packers looking haggard? :hmm: Lions have had some odd hiccups in the first quarter so I don't know.

(I also don't think one of the first plays should have been called dead. I was sure that the Lions fumbled it and as soon as GB looked to scoop it up the refs panicked and blew the play dead)

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

9 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

So...is it the Lions not looking to shabby or the Packers looking haggard? :hmm: Lions have had some odd hiccups in the first quarter so I don't know.

(I also don't think one of the first plays should have been called dead. I was sure that the Lions fumbled it and as soon as GB looked to scoop it up the refs panicked and blew the play dead)

The Lions are out hustling and out hitting the sluggish Packers. Perhaps Rodgers can work his magic to get back into this one........but make no mistake, the Lions are for real.

• Like 1