National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

9 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

Bears beating Cowboys 17-7 at the half, and that's with a terrible INT by Trubisky on their opening drive when knocking on the door for a score.  It could be 24-7!  Could Dallas be the next 2010 Seahawks?  If they lose tonight, it's looking pretty likely.  Unless the Eagles manage to pass them up! lol

Edit: And now, early in the 3rd quarter, it actually is 24-7

Honestly, as a cowboys fan, we fans know it coaching issues. And it not because we have many players out no it solely on coaching and everyone knows it  

Agree, Eli has not been good in many, many years and largely had a slightly above average career.  He has good cumulative stats from playing so long in a pass friendly league but was seldom a top 10 QB within a season.

He gets credit for the 2 Super Bowl runs (miracles?) but his career is largely Phillip Rivers-esque.  But those two SBs, playing in a big market, and having the last name of Manning will get him into the HOF.

38 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

Honestly, as a cowboys fan, we fans know it coaching issues. And it not because we have many players out no it solely on coaching and everyone knows it  

Coaching AND GM/Owner issues.  Jerry Jones should not be anywhere near football decisions.

27 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Agree, Eli has not been good in many, many years and largely had a slightly above average career.  He has good cumulative stats from playing so long in a pass friendly league but was seldom a top 10 QB within a season.

He gets credit for the 2 Super Bowl runs (miracles?) but his career is largely Phillip Rivers-esque.  But those two SBs, playing in a big market, and having the last name of Manning will get him into the HOF.

Coaching AND GM/Owner issues.  Jerry Jones should not be anywhere near football decisions.

Yea we have the players Jerry just doesn’t know how to do a team good 

Skip's gonna cling to Dak's meaningless, garbage time, stat padding numbers so hard tomorrow I'd be surprised if his knuckles don't explode.  I can already hear it... "my quarterback carried this team all the way back to being an onside kick away from winning this one".  And yes, I'm 100% ashamed I let that turd get into my head.

They can't beat a winning team, nor a .500 and still talking about SB... LOL

I know that Jones is all about paying media to pump his overrated team, but how in the hell can he thinks that a coach who never saw a SB game (nor a NFCC) in 10 years is a good coach and their best shot at it. Oh yeah, 'cause he's a yes-man! With a 83-76 record as a coach in regular season (and a "one and done" in playoff) there's tons of coaches better than him

Well another garbage showing by my Cowboys, defense was pathetic, couldn't even tackle all night. Offense was terrible after opening drive , Serioursly mad the Bears look amazing tonight. and yet still lead the division , which no-one wants to win and whoever does ain't Doing what Seattle did

10 hours ago, Yuna4353 said:

No question the coaching is terrible. But plenty falls on ownership. If Jerry Jones didn't insist on taking such an active role in his team, he might be able to lure a good coach.

When you hire only yes men, you can't complain that the yes men fail.

The wife and I had our 10 year wedding anniversary yesterday, and she happens to be a Cowboys fan and I'm a Bears fan... ?

The Bears still have hope... but is probably too little too late this year.

I still think that this Cowboys team has more talent than the 2010 Seahawk team that was 7-9 did. The problem is, Seattle/San Francisco are significantly better than the 2010 Saints. 

13 hours ago, djb5f said:

Wouldn't it be incredible if Jerry somehow brought back Jimmy Johnson? Twitter would probably break and I'm pretty sure Skip Bayless' head would explode. :P

BTW - Congrats on winning the Coastal! I'm happy the Wahoos got that Tech monkey after their back. Best of luck, tomorrow! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jdh0921 said:

I still think that this Cowboys team has more talent than the 2010 Seahawk team that was 7-9 did. The problem is, Seattle/San Francisco are significantly better than the 2010 Saints. 

We've seen a ton of mediocre 4th seeds beat some seemingly excellent 5th seeds in the current playoff format.  Homefield means a lot.  "Any given Sunday" accounts for a lot, too.

I don't doubt that San Francisco/Seattle will be heavily favored to beat Dallas/Philadelphia, especially by the sports books who will set a spread to try and balance the wagering.  But I also wouldn't be very quick to run out and put my hard-earned cash on that happening, even if I just bet the money line and don't have to monkey around with a point spread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acasser said:

We've seen a ton of mediocre 4th seeds beat some seemingly excellent 5th seeds in the current playoff format.  Homefield means a lot.  "Any given Sunday" accounts for a lot, too.

I don't doubt that San Francisco/Seattle will be heavily favored to beat Dallas/Philadelphia, especially by the sports books who will set a spread to try and balance the wagering.  But I also wouldn't be very quick to run out and put my hard-earned cash on that happening, even if I just bet the money line and don't have to monkey around with a point spread.

I'm not a betting man, but if I was I'd put money on the #5 seed right now, even though we don't yet know who it is.  Honestly, home field can be an advantage, but not if you're losing by 2 touchdowns in the 1st quarter, which is likely to happen if the Cowboys end up in #5.  The Eagles are different because no one wants to play in freezing cold rain and snow in January in Philly, not even the Eagles themselves (maybe that's why they're tanking? nah...).  That game stops being about talent and becomes a battle of 'who makes the least number of boneheaded mistakes'.  I would say the Eagles, who live in Philly and train, practice, and play half their games a year at that stadium would have the slight advantage there.  They probably know how to hold onto a wet ball, how to run in mud and snow, how to take fewer risks with the ball in that kind of weather.  The Seahawks, being from Seattle, would have a slight weather advantage over the Niners if that's the wildcard road game, but both would have to be very careful with the football.  Wilson, for instance, would not look like an MVP QB in that weather.  And Jimmy G?  Dude can't hold onto the ball in good weather, I can't imagine what would happen in Philly.  But in Dallas, in a climate controlled dome with clear visibility and no weather to worry about?  Yeah, there's no chance for the home team.  Not the way they're currently playing.  Not that the Eagles are any better, but they would have the weather to even the playing field, and that can make a big difference.  And with the Cowboys losing to the Bears, the Eagles definitely control their own destiny.  If they win out, they are the #4 seed.  Let's see how bad they want it...

...and on that note, I predict a Giants victory on Monday Night.

9 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

I'm not a betting man, but if I was I'd put money on the #5 seed right now, even though we don't yet know who it is.  Honestly, home field can be an advantage, but not if you're losing by 2 touchdowns in the 1st quarter, which is likely to happen if the Cowboys end up in #5.  The Eagles are different because no one wants to play in freezing cold rain and snow in January in Philly, not even the Eagles themselves (maybe that's why they're tanking? nah...).  That game stops being about talent and becomes a battle of 'who makes the least number of boneheaded mistakes'.  I would say the Eagles, who live in Philly and train, practice, and play half their games a year at that stadium would have the slight advantage there.  They probably know how to hold onto a wet ball, how to run in mud and snow, how to take fewer risks with the ball in that kind of weather.  The Seahawks, being from Seattle, would have a slight weather advantage over the Niners if that's the wildcard road game, but both would have to be very careful with the football.  Wilson, for instance, would not look like an MVP QB in that weather.  And Jimmy G?  Dude can't hold onto the ball in good weather, I can't imagine what would happen in Philly.  But in Dallas, in a climate controlled dome with clear visibility and no weather to worry about?  Yeah, there's no chance for the home team.  Not the way they're currently playing.  Not that the Eagles are any better, but they would have the weather to even the playing field, and that can make a big difference.  And with the Cowboys losing to the Bears, the Eagles definitely control their own destiny.  If they win out, they are the #4 seed.  Let's see how bad they want it...

...and on that note, I predict a Giants victory on Monday Night.

I think a big difference is Cowboys don't have the coaching, Philly at least has the coaching problem with them is Wentz is an average (at least that what I call it), player and it affects the team. I hoping for a giants win myself but giants suck so I wouldn't be surprised if Philly were to win 

Ravens hold off Bills to move too 11-2

Denver dominate Texans surprisingly in 38-24 win

Colts playoff chances take hit with 3 point loss to Bucs

Packers offcialy eliminate Redskins from NFC East with hard 20-15 win

Jets avoid Dolphins sweep with game winning fg, Dolphins costing themselves with 7fgs

Vikings brush aside Lions easily

Panthers clearly given up in 20 point loss to Falcons

Browns playoff hopes, slim still alive with win over Bengals

Edited by Conker

Can’t believe I benched Brees in the first round of Fantasy Football playoffs.  I was a believer in the SF defense, whoops.  Fortunately, Tannehill did well too and I should advance.

Pats making it interesting against KC.  Brady with the 4th down run oh my.

Titans win by 21 over Oakland helping there wildcard/division hopes, Raiders wildcard hopes take big hit

Steelers eek out 3 point win to help maintain there wildcard spot

Doug Maronne's seat must be really warm after getting trounced 45-10 against Chargers to fall too 4-9

If this is how Seattle's defense is gonna play tonight this game's gonna be over before the half.

And I guess the offense saw how bad the defense is playing and wanted a piece of that action, it's officially a competition to see which unit can suck worse.

Edited by skidmarkgn

4 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

If this is how Seattle's defense is gonna play tonight this game's gonna be over before the half.

And I guess the offense saw how bad the defense is playing and wanted a piece of that action, it's officially a competition to see which unit can suck worse.

Well, the only difference is that Seattle no longer play for the #1 seed, but all will still be decided on week 17