National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

I'm picking Chiefs, as no lead is safe with Mahomes on the field. The Niners have a tremendous rush, but Mahomes can buy time and make the secondary breakdown. Aside from Mahomes, the second most dangerous player on the field is Tyreek Hill. 

Chiefs defense is suspect, but they handled Derrick Henry just fine. And Raheem Mostert is a nice story, but he's more likely to be the 21st century Timmy Smith, than to become a leading rusher in the NFL. Niners haven't been tested yet in the postseason, so can they handle adversity on the big stage?

That said, I have no money on this game and wouldn't be surprised if the Niners repeat the same postseason formula of run, run, run, and win by 20.

NINERS over Chiefs 38-17

Back in the days of old it was a stout defense and a solid running game that won championships, and that day is today. Chiefs start slow, make a couple of early mistakes (like previous two playoff games) and never really recovers as the Niners running game remains unstoppable. Yes, the Chiefs did stop Henry, but Henry is a power running back. The Niners create space with their motion and jet action schemes, and slash/cut back to the open spaces. If the Chiefs put eight or nine in the box, watch for Kittle to break open and run wild down the middle.

MVP: Nick Bosa

5 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

I don't know, so far the moment's just looking too big for Mahomes, he's been pretty awful.  

It's not over until it's over though

1 minute ago, christhedog3 said:

I wouldn't say awful, but wouldn't say he's had a great game either. This drive needs to be a TD or I think it's game.

He needs two scores to win at this point and if the Niners score another 7 then that's it unless a miracle happens because they can just play prevent and eat clock

6 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

I don't know, so far the moment's just looking too big for Mahomes, he's been pretty awful.  

To be fair to Mahomes, he doesn't have the time or space to make those big downfield throws. The Niners have done a pretty good job of keeping him in the pocket.

9 minutes ago, PsychicVibe said:

To be fair to Mahomes, he doesn't have the time or space to make those big downfield throws. The Niners have done a pretty good job of keeping him in the pocket.

And just as I say that, he completes the big throw.

Do the Niners continue to try to run the ball? Last series KC sent almost everyone to the line of scrimmage. Does he dare pass to beat it?

16 minutes ago, majob said:

It's not over until it's over though

He needs two scores to win at this point and if the Niners score another 7 then that's it unless a miracle happens because they can just play prevent and eat clock

The Niners might need to get 7 here. Depends how long they hold the ball, but giving it back with a 3 or 6 point lead to the Chiefs in what will likely be the last substantial drive of the game is nail bite time. TD and it's obviously game over.

EDIT: Well a 3 and out means they no longer have to worry about that. Should be able to manage the clock enough to get the ball back even if the Chiefs score 7.

Edited by christhedog3

Just now, skidmarkgn said:

Would have no problem if Mahomes made me look the fool, still gotta punch it in though... and they just did.

he might be short, stepped out.  Very close either way.

but no one knows how to lose a Super Bowl lead like  Kyle Shanahan

2 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Would have no problem if Mahomes made me look the fool, still gotta punch it in though... and they just did.

Maybe, is that in? Looks very marginal to me.

EDIT: that was so close, think they had to go with the ref on the field.

Edited by christhedog3

Just now, skidmarkgn said:

One thing the Niners have loved this season is those final second wins/losses, lol.  

Honestly haven't seen anything from them tonight which suggests they'll be a quick strike offence in the clutch, but well the season's on the line now! This is the possession that wins it for either team.