National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

41 minutes ago, acasser said:

Why would Dabo Swinney want that job?  Clemson is a much more cushy spot from which to demonstrate his superiority, and probably one that pays better, too.

I have difficulty seeing Houston being able to get a competent, rising young GM for that job.  Bill O'Brien was a disaster as personnel manager, and he's traded away far too many high draft picks to make rebuilding that roster an easy deal.  I suspect the Texans might have to do what the Jets did and give somebody six years and a lot of autonomy and then let that guy try and hire a Head Coach.  Because the Texans are probably locked into the core of that roster for the next two years before they can start making major changes between the lack of picks and the falling cap.

I'm  not saying he would want it but because they have Watson,you know people will say they should go after him after the chemistry they had at Clemson

But i do fully expect the Texans go for a offense minded coach

2 hours ago, acasser said:

Why would Dabo Swinney want that job?  Clemson is a much more cushy spot from which to demonstrate his superiority, and probably one that pays better, too.

Agree.
 Dabo’s got a 10-year $93 million contract. He’s getting paid much more handsomely in college than he ever would in the pros. Ponder that for a second, college football coach making 9 million in one year. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

Agree.
 Dabo’s got a 10-year $93 million contract. He’s getting paid much more handsomely in college than he ever would in the pros. Ponder that for a second, college football coach making 9 million in one year. :facepalm:

Michigan gave Harbough a similar deal but considering NCAA football literally brings in billions annually that's a drop in the bucket

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-announces-schedule-changes-for-upcoming-broncos-patriots-bills-titans-games

Honestly think the NFL is stupid for bending over backwards for the Titans when they were clearly irresponsible and broke protocols. They should be forced to forfeit their match this weekend.This is bullshit.

Edited by MidnightDragon

10 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Is that an upset?  I honestly can't even tell anymore.

- The Bears have got to be one of the worst 4-1 teams in decades. Nick Foles looked terrible, missing throws by 10+ feet!
But the Bucs were happy to keep Chicago’s drives alive with stupid penalties (11 penalties, 109 yards). The Bears as a team only rushed for 35! :facepalm:

- Hey Tom, next time you pick a team via free agency, you might want to do some research into their offensive line before signing. Hate to say “told ya so,” but... :P

Well.... there goes Broncos-Patriots from the schedule, pushed back at least a week and who knows how much longer?

Every time one of these things happens, I grow more and more convinced that the NFL isn't going to get all the way through their season.  This isn't MLB where you could do all sorts of screwy stuff with the schedule, play short doubleheaders and games with the visitor as the "home team" and all that stuff just to try and make the puzzle pieces fit together.

If the NFL can't figure out how to get this thing under control, and quickly, I think the season will be done pretty soon.

4 hours ago, acasser said:

If the NFL can't figure out how to get this thing under control, and quickly, I think the season will be done pretty soon.

Good, the sooner they flush this defenseless turd of a season the better.  Every game being either a shootout or blowout isn't entertaining at all.

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

WFT is letting Alex Smith play today...are they fucking crazy?! Hopefully they don't end up regretting it.

he survived it fine but the team was bad with just 108 total yards of offense and no 2nd haqlf first downs xD 

7 minutes ago, Conker said:

he survived it fine but the team was bad with just 108 total yards of offense and no 2nd haqlf first downs xD 

Well, that's good he didn't get hurt again.

Also, week 6 Chiefs game is gonna be at 4 PM (5 PM east coast) a week from tomorrow. Whose bright idea was that?! So fucking stupid...

1 hour ago, skidmarkgn said:

I'm sure they'll find a way to give it to Josh Allen anyways, lol.  

Vikings raw CB’s will help Wilson stat-pad tonight. Tonight is going to be like putting lambs into a wolf cage at the zoo. And Kirk’s been average at best this season, so let’s put him under the prime time lights. :facepalm:
If you want some real entertainment, our current RG might be the worst guard to start in the NFL in the last decade. Watching him attempt to block is pure comedy. Except Kirk’s not laughing. 

1 hour ago, Yuna4353 said:

The Cowboys are done this season with Dak injured no way they are winning anymore games after this one 

Can we just do NFL fans everywhere a favor and move the Los Angeles Rams to the NFC East?  It's not like the League has a grip on geography, anyhow, but the Rams have 4 wins against the NFC East and the NFC East has 4 wins total (and 2 against themselves).

If the Jets were any good, I'd be mercilessly taunting my co-workers who are Giants fans.  But since my team has just become eligible for Superfund moneys and any reasonable governor of the mediocre state of New Jersey would have long since declared them a Disaster Area, I've decided to keep my mouth shut and not tempt fate.

4 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Also, week 6 Chiefs game is gonna be at 4 PM (5 PM east coast) a week from tomorrow. Whose bright idea was that?! So fucking stupid...

The League is scrambling to try and keep some level of schedule integrity.  The Jets got shuffled around a bit and now have three West Coast trips in a span of five weeks coming up starting right before Thanksgiving.

MLB could get away with this shit by having road teams play home games and liberal amounts of seven-inning doubleheaders.  But the NFL can't compress the schedule very much without exponentially increasing the risk of serious injuries to their players, not that we aren't watching a conga line of players head to IR week after week.  (Something must be wrong with MetLife Stadium given the frequency of injuries there; I don't give a damn what the League says, there's something up.)

The players are starting to grumble, and for once I'm inclined to take their side against Ownership and the League Office.

Something is going to have to give.

3 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Vikings raw CB’s will help Wilson stat-pad tonight. Tonight is going to be like putting lambs into a wolf cage at the zoo. And Kirk’s been average at best this season, so let’s put him under the prime time lights. :facepalm:
If you want some real entertainment, our current RG might be the worst guard to start in the NFL in the last decade. Watching him attempt to block is pure comedy. Except Kirk’s not laughing. 

oh, the Vikes nearly had it!  4th and goal, crazy finish.

2 hours ago, acasser said:

If the Jets were any good, I'd be mercilessly taunting my co-workers who are Giants fans.  But since my team has just become eligible for Superfund moneys and any reasonable governor of the mediocre state of New Jersey would have long since declared them a Disaster Area, I've decided to keep my mouth shut and not tempt fate.

I would love to see a Giants/Jets matchup.  Loser leaves type thing.  I know the Giants are much more popular (NY’s main team) whereas the Jets are more New Jersey’s team, but to have that much suffering in one area....

Edited by djb5f

That was a fun Sunday night game but call me wrong or whatever but The Vikings should have kicked fg to go up 8, your up against Russell Wilson even if they get td, still need a 2 to force ot, I know 1st down ends it but miss like did and you let Russ have chance to win it like he did