National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

Man...that Sunday Night Football game between the Saints and Bucs was awful. Been watching NFL games since I was eight (back in 1998), and that shit show put on by the Bucs tonight was one of the worst performances I have had the misfortune of witnessing on live TV. After watching the Bucs defense shut down and utterly humiliate the Packers several weeks ago, I could hardly believe my eyes watching the Saints march up and down the field with relative ease. Tom Brady (and the entire offense) looked atrocious, the defense couldn't stop anything, and they had no answer for Drew Brees tonight. Their shoddy defense made old man Drew look how he did back in his prime tonight...

At least Famous Jameis (Backup QB Jameis Winston) is having fun tonight after his current team (the Saints) beat the ever-living crap out of his old team (the Bucs, who let Winston go after the 2019 season ended):

10 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I just see article titles here and there scrolling around about how Belichick and the team haven't been doing well anywhere this year.

They haven't been doing well anywhere.  But there's a longstanding relationship between Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick and the New England front office and they're not going to over-react to one bad season for which there's plenty of blame to slather on everybody and a number of other mitigating factors such as New England having more guys opt out of the season than anybody else.

Mind you, this doesn't prevent Belichick from calling it a career and riding off into the sunset.  But if he does, it'll be his decision and not one forced upon him by the regional Powers That Be.

3 hours ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

Man Herbert is playing fantastic football but the chargers just can't seem to be able to win

A week from Sunday, the Irresistable Force meets the Immovable Object!  New York Jets at Los Angeles Chargers, 4:05 PM EST on Sunday November 22nd!  Something's Gotta GIve!

2 hours ago, acasser said:

A week from Sunday, the Irresistable Force meets the Immovable Object!  New York Jets at Los Angeles Chargers, 4:05 PM EST on Sunday November 22nd!  Something's Gotta GIve!

xD oh days that should be fun watch it be a tie, no I think Herbert and the Chargers should win it easily

Well now, that was an entertaining game and the final result I was looking for.  Too bad I had to explain in longwinded fashion to a Giants fan just why I was satisfied with the ending to the game, but kudos to Joe Flacco for singlehandedly throwing away a win in the 4th quarter with his play.

4 hours ago, acasser said:

Well now, that was an entertaining game and the final result I was looking for.  Too bad I had to explain in longwinded fashion to a Giants fan just why I was satisfied with the ending to the game, but kudos to Joe Flacco for singlehandedly throwing away a win in the 4th quarter with his play.

It worked out well. Cam ekes out a win, but not a long-term contract. 

And just like that, first to third.  Turns out when Seattle has no running backs, a dumpster-fire defense, and Wilson throws more picks than TDs in the red zone... they kinda suck... a lot.  Gotta feeling that after Seattle goes one-and-done in the playoffs, Ken Norton Jr's not gonna be around anymore.

Edited by skidmarkgn

What a finish between the Cardinals and Bills!  

First, great drive by Josh Allen and the Bills as he finds Diggs (think the Vikings miss him??) in the end zone for the apparent game-winning TD.  

Then, an unbelievable Hail Mary (Hail Murray?) as Kyler Murray narrowly avoids a sack and throws a perfect pass on the run as Hopkins (think the Texans miss him??) out jumps three Bills for the TD!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, djb5f said:

What a finish between the Cardinals and Bills!  

First, great drive by Josh Allen and the Bills as he finds Diggs (think the Vikings miss him??) in the end zone for the apparent game-winning TD.  

Then, an unbelievable Hail Mary (Hail Murray?) as Kyler Murray narrowly avoids a sack and throws a perfect pass on the run as Hopkins (think the Texans miss him??) out jumps three Bills for the TD!

Indeed was a great finish,such a Great play from Kyler to not get sacked then make the throw to such an elite player in Hopkins and ofc Texans miss him, they may have won today with him, in there 10-7 loss against the Browns

but how about the NFC West, Cards,Rams Seahawks all 6-3

whilst for Bills the loss means the Dolphins are 1 game back after another solid win and game from Tua

The Browns have a winning record in November for the 1at time in a very long time. Taking me a while to accept that as they used to be already packed up for Cancun around this time of the year. Looking at their schedule for the next 7 games, 4 of them are very winnable. If they can take one from either the Titans, Steelers or Baltimore, they could end up with 11 wins. I'm all for it!! #GoBrowns!!

14 hours ago, djb5f said:

Miss Diggs on the field? Yep. On the sidelines and locker room? Hell no!
He’s a cancer who couldn’t handle the fact that Adam Thielen is just as good as him. Watching Justin Jefferson’s game develop this year, I think he’ll be better than Diggs. Better route runner and definitely better hands right now. 
Have fun Bills fans when things go south and Diggs starts blaming everyone except the guy in the mirror. 

Big game tonight in NFC North. If Vikes can get a lead, I think they can get over .500 by the end of the month. But if MN falls behind and Kirk has to pocket-pass, we’re done. 

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Miss Diggs on the field? Yep. On the sidelines and locker room? Hell no!
He’s a cancer who couldn’t handle the fact that Adam Thielen is just as good as him. Watching Justin Jefferson’s game develop this year, I think he’ll be better than Diggs. Better route runner and definitely better hands right now. 
Have fun Bills fans when things go south and Diggs starts blaming everyone except the guy in the mirror. 

Big game tonight in NFC North. If Vikes can get a lead, I think they can get over .500 by the end of the month. But if MN falls behind and Kirk has to pocket-pass, we’re done. 

Perhaps but I think not having Diggs is apparent in both Thielen and Cousins having subpar years.  He opens things up tremendously.  Josh Allen will get a major payday from it.  And WR is a major diva position.  So many of the good ones fit this bill, it comes with the territory.

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

Perhaps but I think not having Diggs is apparent in both Thielen and Cousins having subpar years.  He opens things up tremendously.  Josh Allen will get a major payday from it.  And WR is a major diva position.  So many of the good ones fit this bill, it comes with the territory.

Thielen is having a down year bc he gets double covered the majority of the game. With Diggs, double-coverage was split between them last season. Basically depended on who went deep. Prior to 2019, Thielen feasted on single coverage because  defensive coordinators basically racial profiled him ( slow, white possession receiver). 

Cousins is having a subpar year bc, Well...he’s Cousins. He’s forced balls a bit more this year, and panics when pressured, which is on almost every drop back. Vikings might have finally plugged the sieve at LG though with a rookie. They think so highly of him that they cut the old starter when he came off IR. I pray the backup, Dru Samia,  never takes another snap. 
The O line will be severely tested tonight. I don’t think Cousins has beat the Bears in purple yet, so a prime time night game should make him shine, right? :hmm:

5 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Thielen is having a down year bc he gets double covered the majority of the game. With Diggs, double-coverage was split between them last season. Basically depended on who went deep. Prior to 2019, Thielen feasted on single coverage because  defensive coordinators basically racial profiled him ( slow, white possession receiver). 

Cousins is having a subpar year bc, Well...he’s Cousins. He’s forced balls a bit more this year, and panics when pressured, which is on almost every drop back. Vikings might have finally plugged the sieve at LG though with a rookie. They think so highly of him that they cut the old starter when he came off IR. I pray the backup, Dru Samia,  never takes another snap. 
The O line will be severely tested tonight. I don’t think Cousins has beat the Bears in purple yet, so a prime time night game should make him shine, right? :hmm:

1st cousins is 0-9 on MNF. Looking at 0-10 tonight if things go south fast. 

26 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Yeah, I think we are mostly agreeing, having no Diggs makes it much harder on both Thielen and Cousins. Thielen is getting a lot more attention this year instead of being a WR2 to your point.

• Like 1

Looks like New Orleans' last hurray isn't going according to the plans on the drawing board.  They probably ought to still make the playoffs by a comfortable margin, but if they cede the division to Tampa I have difficulty seeing a noodle-armed Drew Brees winning a bunch of road playoff games to make it a happy ending.

On 11/16/2020 at 2:24 PM, kidson2004 said:

1st cousins is 0-9 on MNF. Looking at 0-10 tonight if things go south fast. 

Congrats to Kirk for getting the MNF ? off his back! That win definitely falls on Kirk’s shoulders too, as it was apparent pretty early on that Chicago was going to do everything to shut down Cook at the line. They basically dared Kirk to throw, and he delivered. Only pick was a bobble by Thielen, who can be excused for a mistake after that insane TD catch in the first half. The nation got to see Jefferson shine as well, who only 9 games in, already seems to have a high-ceiling. 
  The Vikings are by no means a great team. Frankly, they’re not even a good team this season. Especially with two All-Pros out for the year on defense. But they can do some things well and they seem able exploit other teams’ weaknesses. On paper, it looks like they can go 3-0 in the upcoming weeks, but these are the Vikes, and 2-1 seems more realistic. 1-2 would be BAD.

As for the Bears, Nagy is an offensive guy, right? Right??? :hmm: That is the most brutal offense in football today. 

35 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Congrats to Kirk for getting the MNF 1f412.png off his back! That win definitely falls on Kirk’s shoulders too, as it was apparent pretty early on that Chicago was going to do everything to shut down Cook at the line. They basically dared Kirk to throw, and he delivered. Only pick was a bobble by Thielen, who can be excused for a mistake after that insane TD catch in the first half. The nation got to see Jefferson shine as well, who only 9 games in, already seems to have a high-ceiling. 
  The Vikings are by no means a great team. Frankly, they’re not even a good team this season. Especially with two All-Pros out for the year on defense. But they can do some things well and they seem able exploit other teams’ weaknesses. On paper, it looks like they can go 3-0 in the upcoming weeks, but these are the Vikes, and 2-1 seems more realistic. 1-2 would be BAD.

As for the Bears, Nagy is an offensive guy, right? Right??? :hmm: That is the most brutal offense in football today. 

Congrats on the win, and big game by Thielen who sported the cool-looking cleats in honor of Alex Trebek.

• Like 2