National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

9 hours ago, majob said:

FYI most players whom chose to stay in Michigan don't stay in Detroit. They either live in Bloomfield Hills, Ann Arbor, Grosse Pointe or the Riverfront.

I'm italian so I know little-to-nothing about US cities... I went to west coast on honeymoon (LA-Arizona-Las Vegas-Utah-SF trip), but I was just commenting on judge that a bikini-model-hot-starlight girl used to Hollywood is probably crying out loud about leaving LA for heading north ?

12 hours ago, Zio_Sam87 said:

I'm italian so I know little-to-nothing about US cities... I went to west coast on honeymoon (LA-Arizona-Las Vegas-Utah-SF trip), but I was just commenting on judge that a bikini-model-hot-starlight girl used to Hollywood is probably crying out loud about leaving LA for heading north 1f601.png

We have luxury resorts in cold states  here in the US so being in a cold state isn't exactly like being condemned to suffering or anything. But yeah, she'll probably stay in california

17 minutes ago, slaaack1 said:

Watson would be willing to sit out the 2021 season... Seems like the bands are completly shredded :D 

Watson's very swiftly becoming a talent vs. attitude situation.  Add on what Houston's gonna want for him and he's not really making things better for himself.  Although we all know teams are willing to deal with a lot if it means wins.

On 2/3/2021 at 4:03 PM, slaaack1 said:

The back taxes on said house would be more than what you paid on it. That's a large reason as to why property becomes abandoned there.

Heard the Jets were willing to take on Watson and that doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

3 hours ago, majob said:

Heard the Jets were willing to take on Watson and that doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

That's one of the big problems with the "real" owner, Woody Johnson:  He likes splashy moves and winning headlines and the back page of the New York Post.  After Brett Favre and Tim Tebow, Deshaun Watson wouldn't be particularly out-of-character for him.  I just don't believe GM Joe Douglas would be inclined to make such a move because it goes against everything he has (publicly) said about his philosophy of team-building.

Talk like Watson-to-the-Jets makes me miss the late Leon Hess all the more.  The team wasn't particularly successful under his lengthy stewardship, but it wasn't really his fault.  Hess was an owner who largely stayed out of the way and let the people he hired run the team.  I recall a story from Bill Parcells in the late 1990s -- perhaps an apocryphal one -- where he went to Leon Hess after a Free Agency spree and worried that he was spending too much money.  And Hess supposedly asked Parcells something to the point of: How much more money do you need?  As if he was just going to go over to a wall safe and pull out a couple of bricks of cash for the guy.

I just don't see how the Jets could meet Houston's asking price for Watson and still have the assets to put a good team around Watson in New York.  Or most teams for that matter.

Man this super bowl is kind of a dilemma for me... Id like the Buccs to win it because I like their defense but I dont want to see Brady win again... I accept that hes the GOAT but enough is enough. :D Also as a steelers fan I dont want AB to win a ring after all the drama... On the other hand, the chiefs look like the Pats 2.0 dynasty, which is scary. I would be fine with Bell getting a ring, I still like him as a player but I kind of dont want the Chiefs to win it because they will probably will win it some more with Mahomes and co... 

I guess the "fear" of Brady and AB winning it outweighs my problems with the Chiefs and Id like to see Bell get that ring sooo... go Chiefs I guess... :jaymon: The Buccs can go on and win it when they dont have Brady and AB anymore!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, majob said:

And there were people who thought Brady should retire LOL

I want him to since sick of seeing him

winning the SB all the time, but I know that won’t happen for at least a few more years. That’s my consolation-that he won’t be playing forever.

I also refuse to blame the officiating. We made a LOT of mistakes.

29 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I want him to since sick of seeing him

winning the SB all the time, but I know that won’t happen for at least a few more years. That’s my consolation-that he won’t be playing forever.

I also refuse to blame the officiating. We made a LOT of mistakes.

You're witnessing history, enjoy it. it's unlikely we'll see a qb of Brady's caliber again in our lifetime.

Chiefs were doomed the moment they lost Fisher and Mahomes over reliance on Hill and Kelcie was exploited with maximum efficiency.  On that note, many of the key members on the Chiefs are hitting FA now and the Chiefs are over cap, wonder how they'll sort this future mess out.

4 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Shoot, don't forget the 25 pending FA's from Tampa. That's literally half of their roster.

Bucs are under cap and many have professed a desire to re-sign. Unless someone takes a huge unfriendly contract, the Bucs don't have much to worry about.

Edited by majob

45 minutes ago, majob said:

You're witnessing history, enjoy it. it's unlikely we'll see a qb of Brady's caliber again in our lifetime.

Chiefs were doomed the moment they lost Fisher and Mahomes over reliance on Hill and Kelcie was exploited with maximum efficiency.  On that note, many of the key members on the Chiefs are hitting FA now and the Chiefs are over cap, wonder how they'll sort this future mess out.

Yea, I know that the Chiefs are gonna have to get rid of a lot of people to pay Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill.