National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

The coach told them the day before this sort of shit would not be tolerated. Nice going, dumbass. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-waive-safety-j-t-ibe-after-unacceptable-practice-hit-on-wr-keith-kirkwo

Good thing for the Panthers that they aren't playing a Rex Ryan coached team this season.  Ryan would probably claim the guy on waivers and make him a captain for the Carolina game.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Think I'll put the over/under for how many weeks it takes for a game to be completely ruined by the taunting "emphasis" at 3.

I'll take the "under", thank you very much.  I suspect we'll be talking about this after the first week of regular season games: either a game will be decided by a taunting call, or we'll have had a game where the follow-through was uneven enough that one side gained a clear advantage over the other.  In the case of the latter, it'll be some "superstar" who wasn't called for it on one side while some scrub on the other was.

• 2 weeks later...

With the devastation of Hurricane Ida, it's unclear what the Saints immediate plans are, but as they rightfully pointed out, they have bigger concerns and can figure that out later. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sean-payton-saints-unsure-about-week-one-home-game-new-orleans-has-higher-priorities/ar-AANTZsT

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

OK question is there a personal foul rule where if a player hits the coach of another team? If i remember a player can get 2 pf but then he is ejected is that just an instant ejection if they hit a coach 

They ended up ejecting that guy after New York called them. 

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Good start for KC! :yay: 

What an amazing comeback Midnight.  Our Chiefs did it again.  Second-half team.  It's stressful being a fan but Mahomes is a beast with the throws he had in the second half.  Enjoy the season.

So top 6 (gonna go with 6 since it makes 3 NFC and 3 AFC teams possible) teams you most wanna see in the SB and top 5 you DON'T anyone?

Me:

Most - 

6 - Chargers.  Team that got screwed hard by their owner and basically lost their entire fanbase, would also mean the Chiefs didn't make it (sorry Dragon and Kfree you guys are awesome but I'm ready for some new blood).  Herbert's an Oregon guy so I hated him during his college career but bygones and all.  Wish him nothing but the best now.

5 - Jets.  Ultimate underdog story.

4 - Ravens.  I like their style and it would be a giant FU to the Steelers.

3 - Saints.  Been a while now but they were done dirty and deserve a trip.  Losing to the team they already beat twice last year had to have been a painful pill on top of it.  I've always liked the Saints and would love to see 'em go.

2 - Lions.  Same as the Jets.

1 - Seahawks.  My home team.

Least -

6 - KC.  Don't dislike them, just starting to get to the point of exhaustion with them.  I'm also still bitter about the Jarran Reed/Tyreek Hill double standard from a couple years ago.

5 - Dallas.  So tired of the relentless national attention regardless of how bad they are.  Team you love to hate I guess.

4 - Rams.  Only division foe I truly hate.  Tired of them throwing money at problems and even more tired of it never catching up with them.

3 - Green Bay.  I can't stand Aaron Rodgers.  The smugness is overwhelming and he has worn me down to just hating his voice.  I'll give credit where it's due with the talent but the personality,,,ugh.

2 - Steelers.  I'm a Seahawks fan so it should explain itself.  Only asterisk would be if it was against Seattle and 43-8 was what Pittsburg was wishing for in the end.

1 - Tampa Bay.  Enough is enough.  Brady on another stacked roster reaping the benefits ad nauseum.

For me it would probably be 

Most

6.Browns. The sister team of the Lions and just as miserable

5. Bills. 4 consecutive owls and not one win is heartache I can't even fathom. Also another sister team of the Lions

4.Cardinals. they have a longer championship drought than the Lions which really is saying something

3.Bucs. I'm down to watch Brady make even more history

2.Raiders. I like Carr, he's trying to do the best he can with the garbage around him

1.Lions. this one should be obvious

Least

6.Chiefs. I'm tired of them and the League jocking for them. Especially people praising Mahomes as a GOAT when he's barely been in the league. Nothing against them, just fatigue.

5.Green Bay. Division Rival of the Lions plus I hate them

4.Steelers. though they're trending down, the drama they've inflicted on the league over the years has really made me dislike them

4.Rams. Kroenke is an asshole for a lack of better words and has done nothing but try to buy himself a championship

3.Washington. nothing against the team but the owner is a real piece of work and I feel sorry for the fans having to put up with him.

2.Patriots. Bill will have to acknowledge that Brady was the force behind the greatness

1.Bears. I lost $200 because of them

Edited by majob
  • Like 1