National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

9 hours ago, I Am Error said:

So The stadium in Inglewood opening has been delayed till 2020 season  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000809686/article/opening-of-inglewood-stadium-delayed-until-2020

Be interesing if it has anymore delays which could affect Superbowl LV which is set to be played there 

It's L.A., they'll change the rules.  Hell, if I remember correctly they already did it once just so Kroenke could own the team.

The NFL has moved Superbowl LV from LA to Tampa Bay, Superbowl LVI now LA's http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-owners-reportedly-moves-super-bowl-55-to-tampa-super-bowl-56-to-be-held-in-l-a/

Get ready for possibly more ties as regular session overtime is going from 15-10mins http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/23/overtime-rule-change-is-permanent/

I'm just going to leave these here, because I can.

I-dated-an.jpg

6b46c52430dc4e903bb8a48e8264b9c5.jpg

On 5/23/2017 at 6:50 PM, skidmarkgn said:

Seattle lost a legend today.  Too bad he was on such a bummer team. 

The entire NFL lost a legend...

Edited by Green

The Patriots sign former Bengals/Browns WR Andrew Hawkins http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andrew-hawkins-signing-with-patriots-after-getting-his-masters-degree/

And because of this weeks terror attack in Manchester, England, NFL owners are expressing concern over the London games http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-owners-express-concern-over-london-games-following-bombing-in-england/

• 2 weeks later...

I know this post has no business in the NFL thread but I don't care.  The NBA lost me as a fan forever when they screwed us over and took our team.  That being said, as a Seattle sports fan, it's nice to see a guy who once wore the green and yellow give a HUGE double bird to Oklahoma City.  I know most people think Durant made a chickenshit decision but anything that bends the Thunder over is aces in my book.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2017 at 6:38 PM, Tora Chan said:

Woke up this morning and the 49ers still suck.

Looking forward to the 3-13 season this year #Red&Gold

Well, that's a 50% improvement in wins over last year!

GM John Lynch had a great draft. Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster will greatly improve the defense.

Kyle Shanahan is an offensive genius.........Hoyer is well suited to his ball control offense.

OL and running game will be suspect, however.

So the 49ers may still suck, but at least they now have competent people running the show, and hope that they will be competitive in the near future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PsychicVibe said:

So the 49ers may still suck, but at least they now have competent people running the show, and hope that they will be competitive in the near future.

Having watched the continual carousel of clowns that has been Jets management for a very long time, I'd hold my tongue about the 49ers having competent people running the show.  Because judgment should be reserved until things that actually count and can be measured in a tangible way happen -- e.g., Games Won.

It may look promising.  But the road to Hell (and NFL suckitude) is paved with the best of intentions.

12 hours ago, acasser said:

Having watched the continual carousel of clowns that has been Jets management for a very long time, I'd hold my tongue about the 49ers having competent people running the show.  Because judgment should be reserved until things that actually count and can be measured in a tangible way happen -- e.g., Games Won.

It may look promising.  But the road to Hell (and NFL suckitude) is paved with the best of intentions.

God help you, long suffering Jets fan. And your suffering continues. The Jets have dismissed so many veteran players that there is widespread belief that they are tanking the season. Truly your road to hell has been long and will continue for at least another season.

jest.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

2 hours ago, PsychicVibe said:

God help you, long suffering Jets fan. And your suffering continues. The Jets have dismissed so many veteran players that there is widespread belief that they are tanking the season. Truly your road to hell has been long and will continue for at least another season.

I can tolerate this year's tank job because it's the right thing to do.  I think GM Mike McCagnan went a little overboard in the process -- there was no good reason to cut Eric Decker (and probably David Harris as well) because you need some structure and veteran presence to help the kids develop that you want to develop -- but I prefer this year's zero expectations crew over last year's vastly overrated/overhyped bunch.  But with the history of the Jets, I expect them to win one more game than they should and to get squeezed out of a franchise QB in this year's draft.  Either in its entirety, or because the guy at USC will do the same thing as Peyton Manning and say "thanks but no thanks, I'm going back to school for my senior year" and leave the Jets behind the one team that NEEDS a quarterback and will take the guy from Wyoming.

Of course, it also means I won't make a pilgrimage out to MetLife Stadium at any point this year and give the team my money, but that's besides the point.

22 hours ago, acasser said:

I can tolerate this year's tank job because it's the right thing to do.  I think GM Mike McCagnan went a little overboard in the process -- there was no good reason to cut Eric Decker (and probably David Harris as well) because you need some structure and veteran presence to help the kids develop that you want to develop -- but I prefer this year's zero expectations crew over last year's vastly overrated/overhyped bunch.  But with the history of the Jets, I expect them to win one more game than they should and to get squeezed out of a franchise QB in this year's draft.  Either in its entirety, or because the guy at USC will do the same thing as Peyton Manning and say "thanks but no thanks, I'm going back to school for my senior year" and leave the Jets behind the one team that NEEDS a quarterback and will take the guy from Wyoming.

Of course, it also means I won't make a pilgrimage out to MetLife Stadium at any point this year and give the team my money, but that's besides the point.

So......assuming you will watch them on TV this year, will you be rooting for them to win? To lose?

I've gotta say, I'm not a fan of tanking. It just perpetuates a culture of futility and losing.

Building, teaching and perpetuating a culture of winning is what it is all about.

5 hours ago, PsychicVibe said:

So......assuming you will watch them on TV this year, will you be rooting for them to win? To lose?

At the start of the season, to win.  Assuming things go the way that most people expect them to, I'll switch over to hoping they play well but come up short on the scoreboard.

6 hours ago, Jare said:

The Dolphins have Signed Jay Cutler for the injured Ryan Tannehill, delaying his broadcasting debut with FOX http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20267198/miami-dolphins-jay-cutler-agree-one-year-deal

Thank god. Now most of the country will be spared from having to watch and listen to Cutler. Cutler is as dumb as a box of rocks. He no doubt will fulfill expectations at Miami by being a coach killer.

BjS2YVMCIAAqHjd.jpg