National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

Pre-season's done, rosters are pretty much set, time to predict.

NFC's division winners:

West - Seahawks.  Rams aren't there yet (especially if Donald holds out for more than 1 regular season game), Cards are too old and the 9ers have moved up from terrible to bad.

East - Always a difficult pick.  Gonna say Dallas, but no way they're the #1 seed again.  Fully expect OBJ / Marshall drama to cause NY to fall just short.

South - Who'da thunk this division would get this tough this fast.  Head says Atlanta, Heart says Tampa Bay.  Gonna say SB hangover kills the Falcons this year and Tampa Bay takes the division (with Carolina coming in 2nd and Atlanta 3rd)

North - Green Bay.  Everyone knows why.

AFC's division winners:

West - Raiders.  Last year they were "ahead of schedule", this year, "right on schedule".

East - maybe someday this division won't be 1 good team and 3 scrub teams, not this year though.

South - Who cares, gonna say Tennessee gets the job done and gets their turn to try.

North - Steelers, 

Wild cards:

NFC - Panthers and Giants

AFC - Broncos and Bengals

My predictions

NFC Division Winners

West - Seahawks Apart from the Cardinals I don't see anyone else challenging 

East - Cowboys obviously because I go for them and think we will be strong again 

South - Bucs, personally think any of the teams could win this one, but I think it's the Bucs time

North - Packers, they'll be to strong, though I expect Lions and Vikings to be competitive 

AFC Division Winners

West - Chiefs

East - Patriots, division looks weak and do you really trust the Cutler lead Dolphins xD 

South - Titans, Texans might be only challenge if Luck doesn't play much/stay hea

and let's hope Jags are competitive 

North - Steelers, it be them or the Ravens, since Bengals I don't see being dominant and yeah The Browns

Wildcards

NFC Cardinals & Eagles 

AFC Raiders & Ravens

My Week 1 NFL 2017-18 Season Tips

Patriots over Chiefs

Lions over Cardinals

Eagles over Redskins

Falcons over Bears

Texans over Jags

Bills over Jets

Titans over Raiders

Ravens over Bengals

Steelers over Browns

Rams over Colts

Panthers over 49ers

Packers over Seahaks

Cowboys over Giants

Saints over Vikings

Broncos over Chargers

Woah!! The Chiefs blew out the Pats! A 15 pt L AND it was at Gillette Stadium were they're next to unbeatable. This is a HUGE win for KC should it come down to a tie-breaker by season's end. And the Pats gotta play the Saints next week!? Knowing Belichick, he'll tighten up that secondary, but if Hightower's injury is serious, then the defense is in trouble as (believe it or not) its a thin defense in depth. I know its only one game, but boy this was HUGE! 

I'm happy that the Chiefs gave the Patriots a much needed lesson in humility. I mean, I understand the showboating before the game, but it was a bit too much.

However, if Eric Berry tore his Achilles as the team fears, not sure if they can afford that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000840732/article/reid-eric-berry-possibly-tore-achilles-will-have-mri

Well that game was a shock, all those idiots who said perfect season can get rekt. But man i can't recall a Patriots defense being that bad, they really need to hope Hightower diesn't have a signifigant injury 

Sucks to See Eric Berry have a bad injury, wish all the best "fingers crossed"

P.S Kareem Hunt is Amazing

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I see there are 2 games on Monday night. Don't know if I've ever noticed that before? :dunno: 

They've been doing it for several years now during Week 1.  This is one of those weeks where NBC gets an extra game (Thanksgiving being the other), so ESPN was thrown a bone with a Monday Night doubleheader.  Not sure if ESPN cried about it, but knowing that network and how they behave, they probably did.  And it still doesn't equalize the number of games each of those two networks have because NBC has two weeks with two games and ESPN doesn't get anything for Week 17.

• Like 1

In other news.... the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Buffalo Bills, and the Los Angeles Rams are all alone in first place in their respective divisions.  Dare we discuss this topic, or should we all be preparing our Apocalypse Shelters because the previous statement implies tha The End is Nigh and the Four Horsemen will shortly be riding down our streets singing showtunes?

Jesus Christ, the Bengals might legit be the WORST team in the NFL!!! What a fucking disgrace. Even the browns put up a fight against the steelers. This franchise is such fucking shit. No Offensive line, no run game because for some reason they keep putting in scrub ass Jeremy Hill, trash defensive line, trash linebackers, and of course trash safetys. This is what happens when you let you're best players leave every year in free agency, and of course its all topped off by the worst coaching staff in the NFL. The offensive coordinator who calls HB Draws on 2nd and 13, the defensive coordinator who lets garbage like Michael Johnson play over promising rookies and last but not least mediocre Marvin who doesn't really seem to give a flying fuck about how his team performs. Trash trash trash.

11 hours ago, Kubanga said:

Jesus Christ, the Bengals might legit be the WORST team in the NFL!!! What a fucking disgrace. Even the browns put up a fight against the steelers. This franchise is such fucking shit. No Offensive line, no run game because for some reason they keep putting in scrub ass Jeremy Hill, trash defensive line, trash linebackers, and of course trash safetys. This is what happens when you let you're best players leave every year in free agency, and of course its all topped off by the worst coaching staff in the NFL. The offensive coordinator who calls HB Draws on 2nd and 13, the defensive coordinator who lets garbage like Michael Johnson play over promising rookies and last but not least mediocre Marvin who doesn't really seem to give a flying fuck about how his team performs. Trash trash trash.

Deep breaths, Buddy. Inhale....exhale....inhale...exhale.

It's only Week One.

I'm very curious to see what the explanation (if they even give one) behind Lane's ejection is going to be.  Anyone who watched that game saw what I saw, they saw a starting defensive player being thrown out by one ref for (not) throwing a punch.  No conference, no making sure (which brings up a whole new topic of why something like that isn't reviewable), nothing.  Just a single ref making a snap decision that affected an entire team's defensive gameplan.  I'm willing to live with the no PI call when Graham was in the endzone, I'll even live with the phantom block in the back that took away 7 on the pick-6, I'm used to officiating being all over the board, the ejection, however, was straight bullshit.

• Like 1