National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

Pete Carroll is obviously a stubborn man, that's apparent from their inability to effectively address an OBVIOUS problem that has sunk the team for a few years now.  Hopefully even Pete will have to acknowledge that Seattle isn't a running team this year.  It was looking like maaaaaybe they'd have something when Carson was on the up and coming but, he's out, and the running game is a complete joke.  And that red zone offense... how is it possible for them to be that bad every time they're inside the 20... every... time.

Huh?  I honestly can't decide if I loved that game or hated it, lol.

Edited by skidmarkgn

@skidmarkgn:  If you guys out in Seattle would like Matt Forte, the Jets would probably trade him for a late-round draft pick at this point.  Not sure if he has anything left or if he'd be of any interest to you guys, but I suspect the Jets would be willing to move him to somebody else before Tuesday's Trade Deadline.

I watched the last few minutes of Houston-Seattle after I set up my PS4 to "auto-grind" more hits towards the stupid one-million-hits Battle Trophy in Star Ocean 5, because that's something I can leave my console to do on its own while I'm watching sports (and I've got ~20 hours of auto-grind left to go on that BT).  Goodness gracious, could Russell Wilson have made that final drive look any easier?

And the Jets be Jet'ing again.  It's a shame that they won those three games earlier in the season because they'd be in great shape for a top draft pick without them.  They keep finding new and interesting ways to blow games, and I don't see another win on their schedule at this point.  The Falcons got lucky today:  a good team would have blown them off that field.

15 minutes ago, acasser said:

@skidmarkgn:  If you guys out in Seattle would like Matt Forte, the Jets would probably trade him for a late-round draft pick at this point.  Not sure if he has anything left or if he'd be of any interest to you guys, but I suspect the Jets would be willing to move him to somebody else before Tuesday's Trade Deadline.

I watched the last few minutes of Houston-Seattle after I set up my PS4 to "auto-grind" more hits towards the stupid one-million-hits Battle Trophy in Star Ocean 5, because that's something I can leave my console to do on its own while I'm watching sports (and I've got ~20 hours of auto-grind left to go on that BT).  Goodness gracious, could Russell Wilson have made that final drive look any easier?

And the Jets be Jet'ing again.  It's a shame that they won those three games earlier in the season because they'd be in great shape for a top draft pick without them.  They keep finding new and interesting ways to blow games, and I don't see another win on their schedule at this point.  The Falcons got lucky today:  a good team would have blown them off that field.

A couple/few weeks ago, I'd have been all over acquiring another good, although aging, RB (speaking like someone who has any influence in the matter) but now, I think it's a lost cause.  It's Russell's offence now and it's time for Bevell to try and coordinate the game that way.  I think Wilson's been the top rusher a couple weeks in a row now (might have to fact check that though) and the O-line has been letting guys into the backfield way too fast to try and run run run.  Right now Seattle's offense is at it's best when they're going up-tempo no-huddle pass pass pass so fuck it, may as well accept it and play that way right?

6 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

It's Russell's offence now and it's time for Bevell to try and coordinate the game that way.

Been saying that for a year.  The run game is broke since Lynch left.  Sure they have a back who puts up 90 yds from time to time, but getting one or two big runs a game to skew the numbers doesn't mean the run game is healthy.  This needs to be a passing O.  They continue to prove it works, but they keep fighting it.

McNaire:  I'm sorry.  No, I'm not sorry, I was talking about the fans, no I mean the cheerleaders.  Actually, it was the janitor.  Yep.  The janitor is an inmate.  Phew!

14 hours ago, dmsleight said:

Been saying that for a year.  The run game is broke since Lynch left.  Sure they have a back who puts up 90 yds from time to time, but getting one or two big runs a game to skew the numbers doesn't mean the run game is healthy.  This needs to be a passing O.  They continue to prove it works, but they keep fighting it.

Seems like ever since they passed on the 1 instead of running it the running game has been cursed.  Lynch was playing hurt and didn't have a great season the following year.  Then Rawls came along and looked like the answer, until the injury bug got him.  Then it was Prosise, who can't seem to clip his fingernails without an injury.  Now this year it was hopefully gonna be Lacey and Rawls (who got hurt yet again).  Both were very meh but it didn't matter because Carson was looking great... so... INJURY!!

Speaking of injuries, poor freakin' Zach Miller.

1 hour ago, skidmarkgn said:

Speaking of injuries, poor freakin' Zach Miller.

He's not the same Zach Miller that played in Seattle. Anyway very scary injury :( 

On the trade:

Finally Seahawks got a LT and can bench Odhiambo. This move will give the O Line an upgrade to have at least a couple of seconds before the pocket collapses.

Trading Jeremy Lane was fair because Shaquille Griffin is doing great on CB2 and the possibility of trading Graham was not the greatest idea.

Took me a whole day to recover from Sunday6. First, that Seattle vs. Houston game was a great game with come from behind efforts on both sides. Two great QBs. Then, WSB 13-12 game that was five hours of lead changes and three run homers.

Brown for Lane....Good trade for both teams. Brown wore out his welcome as a contract holdout AND organizer of anthem protest against owner for "inmate" comment. He'll fit in great in Seattle.

Not trading Graham was smart......seems like he could become a red zone favorite for Wilson.

Niners trade 2018 second round pick for Garoppolo (who is a 2018 UFA). Good trade for both teams? Me thinks so. At least the Niners are trying to win.

Should Arizona sign Kap? They have no hope for playoffs with Stanton as QB. They are due for an entire overhaul. Arians and Palmer are gone after this year. Yet Kap is not good enough to elevate this team to be a playoff contender. Frankly, IMHO some of the aging veterans are going to start making "business decisions" and tank it for the remainder of the year.

1 hour ago, charlijaen said:

He's not the same Zach Miller that played in Seattle. Anyway very scary injury :( 

On the trade:

Finally Seahawks got a LT and can bench Odhiambo. This move will give the O Line an upgrade to have at least a couple of seconds before the pocket collapses.

Trading Jeremy Lane was fair because Shaquille Griffin is doing great on CB2 and the possibility of trading Graham was not the greatest idea.

Seattle gets an O-line upgrade, Houston gets a bunch of defensive PI calls ?

In all seriousness though, Lane should be a good grab for Houston.  Dude's, at worst, a solid corner, a little injury prone and, of course, a little PI prone but hey, help is help.  Also, maybe Seattle can go get Byron Maxwell back for pennies on the dollar now, maybe a return to the place that made him will be the fire he needs to return to form.

Unrelated note, the advertisements on this site are starting to get a little obnoxious.

Edited by skidmarkgn

So the Pats finally traded Jimmy G to the 49ers for a 2nd round pick. My question is why do this deal now as they had multiple teams cal them during this past draft and have offered a 1st rounder for him? Doesn't make sense; I get that he's going to be a FA after this season, and the Pats would've gotten a compensation pick as he left, but missing out on a 1st rounder? 

3 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

So the Pats finally traded Jimmy G to the 49ers for a 2nd round pick. My question is why do this deal now as they had multiple teams cal them during this past draft and have offered a 1st rounder for him? Doesn't make sense; I get that he's going to be a FA after this season, and the Pats would've gotten a compensation pick as he left, but missing out on a 1st rounder? 

Niners pick will almost be a first rounder.......it'll be the 33rd or 34th or 35th pick of the draft. The Patriots wanted to retain Jimmy G for as long as possible to back up Brady.

Difference between first and second round pick really isn't that much.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners either trade or outright release Brian Hoyer and the Patriots pick him up.

6 hours ago, PsychicVibe said:

Should Arizona sign Kap?

Many teams should have signed Kap by now.

The problem is that they don't want him for political reasons. There are starters that are worse than Kap for sure and after starters getting injured Kap was never called for any tryouts.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

Many teams should have signed Kap by now.

The problem is that they don't want him for political reasons. There are starters that are worse than Kap for sure and after starters getting injured Kap was never called for any tryouts.

And since he sued the NFL, not likely that will endear him to any team.

9 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Carson was looking great

He's the RB they need.

6 hours ago, PsychicVibe said:

Frankly, IMHO some of the aging veterans are going to start making "business decisions" and tank it for the remainder of the year.

I'll bet that is the org's plan.

6 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Seattle gets an O-line upgrade, Houston gets a bunch of defensive PI calls 1f60b.png

The also get a 5th rdr ('17) and a 2nd (18).  Hou gets a lot of value for him, but this Seattle really needs this, and I don't think they got taken advantage of.  This probably explains why they have been siting lane.  Didn't want him getting hurt and blowing the deal.

5 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

My question is why do this deal now as they had multiple teams cal them during this past draft and have offered a 1st rounder for him?

There was speculation that Cle offered 2 first rounders.  As it turns out, they only offered a 2nd + later rd.

9 hours ago, Hank Hill said:

I like this one best:

Cleveland continues to be Cleveland  :facepalm:

Browns tried and failed to trade for AJ McCarron

The truth is stranger than fiction. The Browns had their quarterback, and then they didn’t. They had a deal in place for the Bengals backup, but they failed to report it in time. Protests to the league were rejected. The Browns continue to be a dumpster fire. AJ McCarron must feel like the luckiest man alive!  ?

• Like 1

Kaepernick and his lawyer are seriously delusional. After he filed a bullshit lawsuit against the NFL? He couldn't get a job scrubbing toilets at any of the stadiums.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/colin-kaepernick-apos-attorney-kaepernick-180229912.html

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

1 hour ago, PsychicVibe said:

I like this one best:

Cleveland continues to be Cleveland  :facepalm:

Browns tried and failed to trade for AJ McCarron

The truth is stranger than fiction. The Browns had their quarterback, and then they didn’t. They had a deal in place for the Bengals backup, but they failed to report it in time. Protests to the league were rejected. The Browns continue to be a dumpster fire. AJ McCarron must feel like the luckiest man alive!  1f619.png

xD Epic fail! About as bad as the Dumervil fuck up a couple years back.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870523/article/late-paperwork-nixed-browns-aj-mccarron-trade

Edited by Blissey

In one of those trades that clearly snuck beneath the radar, the Jets traded for a Cornerback (Rashard Robinson, formerly of San Francisco), who leads the entire NFL in penalty flags the last two years.  Because Gang Green's new plan for NFL Domination starts with committing more fouls than anybody else and this team needed to corner the market on DBs who commit fouls.  Buster Skrine and Morris Claiborne simply weren't enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, acasser said:

In one of those trades that clearly snuck beneath the radar, the Jets traded for a Cornerback (Rashard Robinson, formerly of San Francisco), who leads the entire NFL in penalty flags the last two years.  Because Gang Green's new plan for NFL Domination starts with committing more fouls than anybody else and this team needed to corner the market on DBs who commit fouls.  Buster Skrine and Morris Claiborne simply weren't enough.

From a niners fan: RR not only leads in penalty flags, he's also almost a guaranteed WR catch :facepalm: