Rams over Giants 

Saints over Bucs

Cardinals over 49ers

Seahawks over Redskins

Cowboys over Chiefs

Raiders over Dolphins 

Packers over Lions 

9 hours ago, Blissey said:

Colts finally did what was right and man Poor Texans, Watson was having an amazing season 

I was thinking of taking the bills this week, but I have realized over the years, Jets, Bills, and Dolphins are the teams most capable of capable of complete ineptitude (e.g. last night) and miracle victories any given sunday.  In AFC north divisional rivalry games, don't bet.   So I was sold on Texans.  Now...?

6 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Jets.  Stop it.  All you guys are doing is hurting yourselves and helping the Patriots.  So, stop it.  

If you don't play to win, you don't deserve to be on the field.

I like the way the premier league relegates the bottom teams.  That forces teams to play at a high level for every game.  American sports rewards losers.  Fans cheer for their team to lose.  What nonsense.

• Like 2

Got one of those weird feelings today.  Everyone's expecting Seattle to win handily but things are just lining up wrong.  Earls' out, I haven't heard if Wagner's playing or not yet, the weather's shit.  The Redskins aren't great or anything and their injury list is unbelievable but still... for some reason I can't shake the feeling of upset.

Edited by skidmarkgn

8 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Got one of those weird feelings today.  Everyone's expecting Seattle to win handily but things are just lining up wrong.  Earls' out, I haven't heard if Wagner's playing or not yet, the weather's shit.  The Redskins aren't great or anything and their injury list is unbelievable but still... for some reason I can't shake the feeling of upset.

Cousins can beat average or below average teams.......but never shines in a nationally televised game or against good teams. So, yes, Washington is consistently mediocre. You worry too much.

Seattle might start off a little slow, but expect their defense to eventually impose their will on the Skins in a game that probably will end up not being close at all.

2 hours ago, PsychicVibe said:

Seattle might start off a little slow, but expect their defense to eventually impose their will on the Skins in a game that probably will end up not being close at all.

If Wagner, and now Chancellor also aren't in the game (or playing hurt) the defense might struggle a bit.  Hopefully after last week they'll have something to prove but I don't know, just have that weird feeling.

And man, Philly/Denver is the only game on right now in my area and Denver is looking like a shell of themselves.  The defense is just looking like they've lost faith because of the offense and team after team is just running them over.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

And man, Philly/Denver is the only game on right now in my area and Denver is looking like a shell of themselves.  The defense is just looking like they've lost faith because of the offense and team after team is just running them over.  

RIPD Denver Broncos........looks like you'll be seeing Nick Foles at some point in the second half.

No doubt Denver will be looking for a QB in the off season. (And maybe a whole new coaching staff). This team once had John Fox and Wade Phillips. At some point do the Denver faithful start focusing on whether John Elway needs to go?

It ain't the 4th quarter yet so I'm not panicking but this shit is well beyond irritating.  Seattle's baseball and football team have a horrible habit of playing to the level of their competition.  A sub .500 team with more injuries than not... yup, 2 points scored by the defense in the 1st half.  The usual suspects are killing the team again, Brown's a huge upgrade but the balance is there with Odebushi (no idea how to spell his name) and co. upping their game with holding calls a plenty and being even more of a revolving door.  And Walsh... Maddening.

1 minute ago, skidmarkgn said:

It ain't the 4th quarter yet so I'm not panicking but this shit is well beyond irritating.  Seattle's baseball and football team have a horrible habit of playing to the level of their competition.  A sub .500 team with more injuries than not... yup, 2 points scored by the defense in the 1st half.  The usual suspects are killing the team again, Brown's a huge upgrade but the balance is there with Odebushi (no idea how to spell his name) and co. upping their game with holding calls a plenty and being even more of a revolving door.  And Walsh... Maddening.

Will someone please tell Walsh that's MY CASH that he is booting away!

Time to turn Wilson loose.

I knew it.  There were patterns in place that spelled upset for the Chiefs.

- injury riddled "bad" team that's desperate, which means Seattle plays to their level check

- Amazing performance by Seattle's offense last week, which means terrible performance today, check

- Bad weather in an outdoor stadium (Seattle's NOT a running team anymore), check

- KEY defensive player not on the field, check

Oh yeah, NONE of those things matter if Blair freakin' Walsh doesn't go 0 for 3 for the day.  He was an iffy pick up and now it's biting them.

Was watching the Seattle game with the sound off..........that last catch by Doctson......does anybody out there think the ball made contact with the ground and assisted in Doctson in securing the ball? In other words, it was NOT A CATCH! Yes I'm angry that's some serious cash we're talkin' about.

2 hours ago, PsychicVibe said:

Was watching the Seattle game with the sound off..........that last catch by Doctson......does anybody out there think the ball made contact with the ground and assisted in Doctson in securing the ball? In other words, it was NOT A CATCH! Yes I'm angry that's some serious cash we're talkin' about.

The catch looked good to me.  The real story was Seattle spending yet another game killing themselves.  Dropped picks, missed kicks and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many penalties by the O-line.  Seems like they're their own biggest enemy every single week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Green said:

Seattle's secondary is like night/day without/with Thomas, if that makes sense. Brown is a clear upgrade to the the offense, seen mostly in the run this week. But of course they abandoned the run way too early imo 

The rookie corner has been picked on pretty heavily this year.  Sometimes he's up for it but he gets burned a lot.  Sherm's given up some big ones too but if QB's keep going to him he'll eventually get 'em back, just like last week against Houston.  Griffin looks like he'll develop and fit in fine once he gets a year or two under his belt but the growing pains are tough from time to time.

Once they fell behind and lost Lacey (the running back curse strikes again) it looked like either panic or the "Wilson will save us" mentality kicked in.  Well, he didn't.   But again, none of that matters if it wasn't for Walsh.  Really hope he's gone after the season.  Just draft a freakin' kicker in the 7th round, he couldn't be any worse and will cost you a hell of a lot less.

So Mike Evans gets suspended 1 game, just to continue the Bucs miserable season https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/buccaneers-mike-evans-suspended-one-game-for-decking-saints-marshon-lattimore/

Yet AJ Green didn’t get suspended https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-a-j-green-wont-be-suspended-for-wild-brawl-that-ended-in-double-ejection/

I just don’t get how Green hasn’t been suspended 

7 minutes ago, dmsleight said:

Buc's garbage season is just getting started now that Jameis is out for a while (and of course Evans ^^).  I might almost be surprised if Jets dont walk away with another win

Kap a Texan?  Him playing at all is a long shot, but this is probably his best shot.

Houston need a QB, Savage clearly can’t do anything on offense and losing to Indy don’t look good, although if they did sign him I wonder if the lawsuit he’s doing would get dropped 

7 hours ago, Jare said:

Yet AJ Green didn’t get suspended https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-a-j-green-wont-be-suspended-for-wild-brawl-that-ended-in-double-ejection/

I just don’t get how Green hasn’t been suspended 

Two things at work here:

• If I'm recalling the statement from the League, Jalen Ramsay was deemed to be the aggressor in that fight.  And that mitigates what A.J. Green did, even if it doesn't absolve him.
  • Also, Green was ejected from the game at the time of the fight.  The NFL frequently will make the penalty "time served" if the fight was early enough in the game and the player was ejected.  Whereas Mike Evans wasn't ejected from the Saints-Bucs game and therefore hasn't missed any time on account of his actions.

7 hours ago, dmsleight said:

Buc's garbage season is just getting started now that Jameis is out for a while (and of course Evans ^^).  I might almost be surprised if Jets dont walk away with another win

Kap a Texan?  Him playing at all is a long shot, but this is probably his best shot.

Re: Jets/Bucs?  Let's see which Ryan Fitzpatrick shows up on Sunday.  Good Fitzpatrick will carve up those corners, even without Mike Evans.  Bad Fitzpatrick will throw four picks and get benched at halftime as the sparse Tampa crowd boos its own players.

And Kaep to Houston?  It wouldn't surprise me as their idiot owner attempting to mend fences with his players after he crammed his foot into his mouth recently.  It's not that he was wrong, but that he was un-P.C. by saying so and all those little snowflakes were micro-aggrieved by being told what they really were.  And because this is about style over substance at this point and appearances and all that shit, that plus his groveling, sniveling apology will probably be enough to buy off the players for a week or two.

Thursday's game against the Cards.

Pros 

- a short week can be cleansing after coming off such a gross loss

- Arizona's a stadium Seattle's (save last year) done very well in, I believe their last loss was either 2011 or 2012 over there

- Stanton shouldn't be able to do anything and AP had a shit-ton of carries on Sunday, which means he might be a little lot run down playing again 3 days later

Cons

- it's a freakin' Thursday game and those are never good

- less time for Earl to heal up and be available

- Arizona's grass is tough on kickers and Walsh is iffy at best

I don't have the same doom and gloom feeling as I did with the Redskins this time.  Seattle's almost always good in prime time and I think they'll have something to prove.  It'll be a typical do-nothing first half then they'll run away with it late in the third and the fourth.