National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

16 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Not putting that one on Walsh (we all know his reputation), that one's square on the stupidest call of the year with the fake FG at the half.  

Im going with Wilson throwing a horrible interception in the 1st that lead to points for Atlanta. Also, like you pointed out, the defense couldn't stop Atlanta on 3rd down at all.

The fake kick was a bone-head call, but I don't think it was as killer as either of those things though. 

1 hour ago, Green said:

Im going with Wilson throwing a horrible interception in the 1st that lead to points for Atlanta. Also, like you pointed out, the defense couldn't stop Atlanta on 3rd down at all.

The fake kick was a bone-head call, but I don't think it was as killer as either of those things though. 

Don't forget Lane dropping a pick in the end zone that led to Atlanta points.  Or their (I believe) 5th consecutive f--king game with 100+ yards of penalties!!  The narrative for Seattle this year, good team that just can't get out of their own freaking way.  Oh yeah, Ifedi has to go.  That guy, seems like every drive he's the one responsible for Seattle having to gain 20 yards for a 1st down instead of ten, he's either holding, or just allowing a DE to go right buy.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2017 at 9:32 PM, acasser said:

He'll be an upgrade for somebody this off-season, but it's also not the best time for him to be searching for a job because there will be a lot of competition on that market.

There seems to be a growing trend to go with unproven youth over questionable talent.  I'll bet a lot of teams will rush draft picks into starters and the FA market bloats, until injuries/failures mount.

Nobody knows how or even bothers to try to developing professional players anymore.  You either 'got it' or hope that someone else will bother.  Of course part of it is the players fault.  They don't want to practice, and thats what the NFLPA fought for and won.

On 11/22/2017 at 2:07 AM, skidmarkgn said:

Don't forget Lane dropping a pick in the end zone that led to Atlanta points.  Or their (I believe) 5th consecutive f--king game with 100+ yards of penalties!!  The narrative for Seattle this year, good team that just can't get out of their own freaking way.  Oh yeah, Ifedi has to go.  That guy, seems like every drive he's the one responsible for Seattle having to gain 20 yards for a 1st down instead of ten, he's either holding, or just allowing a DE to go right buy.

And though Graham has had great TD receptions, he continues to drop them too.

Edited by dmsleight

My Week 12 2017-18 NFL Tips

Vikings over Lions

Cowboys over Chargers

Redskins over Giants 

Falcons over Bucs

Chiefs over Bills

Eagles over Bears

Bengals over Browns

Titans over Colts

Patriots over Dolphins 

Panthers over Jets

Seahawks over 49ers

Raiders over Broncos 

Saints over Rams

Jags over Cardinals 

Steelers over Packers

Ravens over Texans

Well the thanksgiving games gave us some interesting things, most we knew 

Vikings continue to show they are a legit contender with there win over Detroit 

Cowboys continue futility without zeke, whilst Chargers show they have huge playoff hope

Redskins keep season alive with scrappy win over the giants 

Another ugly win for Seattle today, and now I gotta feeling it's going to be a while before they win again.  December's been their best month under the Carroll/Wilson regime but going 0'fer the month is looking like a real possibility.  If they hadn't blown either the Redskins or Falcons game then I'd still have hope for a division win (the Rams got a tough schedule ahead of them as well and you know they're gonna drop a couple) but with those two losses I doubt they'll even make the playoffs now, and if they do, one and done,  Crying shame they're an NFC team because the AFC is an absolute joke.

Edited by skidmarkgn

Great Sunday night game, Brett Hundley with his best game so far 

gotta say congrats to Blaine gabbert on a great game and beating his former team 

Great bounce back win for the Bills and solid game from Tyrod, whilst Chiefs downfall continues 

Tyrod had a solid fist half, but didn't do anything after that.  He is still playing better than a slew of starters, including 'superman'.

Cards, Jets, Bills, colts and packers surprised me.  Bears did too.  They started off the season playing great (yet losing), but the last few weeks they have practically died.

Julio Jones is absolutely disgusting!

4 hours ago, dmsleight said:

Tyrod had a solid fist half, but didn't do anything after that.  He is still playing better than a slew of starters, including 'superman'.

Cards, Jets, Bills, colts and packers surprised me.  Bears did too.  They started off the season playing great (yet losing), but the last few weeks they have practically died.

Julio Jones is absolutely disgusting!

Julio is truly a beast along with Sanu’s passing game which is always a great weapon, Jets and colts have played better then I would’ve thought and realistically could have better records then do atm

6 hours ago, dmsleight said:

The Jets falling apart shouldn't surprise you -- they're not a good team.  Their playcalling is still an atrocity, and Austin Sefarian-Jenkins dropped two easy TDs yesterday.  And while it wasn't necessary, I knew exactly what was going to happen when the announce crew started talking about the Jets' massive negative point differential for the 4th quarter this year (because this team can't finish wins).  About the only (mild) surprise is that they found a new way to cough one up, namely that their defense wasn't responsible for this one.

As for Cam Newton being terrible yesterday, there were reports all week that he had a banged-up thumb on his throwing hand.  That must have been the case, because his accuracy was terrible.

20 minutes ago, acasser said:

The Jets falling apart shouldn't surprise you -- they're not a good team. 

The surprise was not that they lost, but that they, the colts and the pack were IN their games and were even in the realm of possible wins, despite playing better/much better teams.

Taylor has been playing better than superman all year.  He has been very average/below since the SB.  This year he is even improved, and yet still losing ground to taylor.

Very glad for a SH win.  They have a rough patch coming up.  They need to win most of their schedule to play in january.  Thankfully, Rams also have a number of tough games.  Not sure if SH's are more likely to win a WC or divisioi spot at this point.  Neither are looking great, atm.

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

For me, I just can't get over the complete and utter collapse of the Broncos. What a tire fire.

Not just the Broncos but that whole damn division.  During the pre-season (and even the first month of the regular season) the AFC West was supposed to the the absolute best division hands down period.  Now it's looking like the Chargers are going to win because they suck the least... kinda.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Not just the Broncos but that whole damn division.  During the pre-season (and even the first month of the regular season) the AFC West was supposed to the the absolute best division hands down period.  Now it's looking like the Chargers are going to win because they suck the least... kinda.

I just threw up a little in my mouth

• Like 1

How in the world you start Geno Smith over Eli Manning.

It's clear he's not at his best, but Eli is still better than Smith.

Also, the streak ends this weekend unless he agrees to be waivend and gets signed by the Browns/Jags/Jets or  the Broncos like Peyton.

I just feel sad for Eli and the chance of getting closer to that 297 streak by Brett Favre.

Phil Rivers is not gonna surpass Favre because Rivers is as old as Eli but has 2 seasons less than Eli's streak.

I just hope Phil can keep it up for a couple of years and pass the Mannings.

44 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

How in the world you start Geno Smith over Eli Manning.

It's clear he's not at his best, but Eli is still better than Smith.

Also, the streak ends this weekend unless he agrees to be waivend and gets signed by the Browns/Jags/Jets or  the Broncos like Peyton.

I just feel sad for Eli and the chance of getting closer to that 297 streak by Brett Favre.

Phil Rivers is not gonna surpass Favre because Rivers is as old as Eli but has 2 seasons less than Eli's streak.

I just hope Phil can keep it up for a couple of years and pass the Mannings.

There are reports out there that the Giants offered Eli the opportunity to keep his streak alive if it was important to him, but that they intended to take a look at Geno Smith and Davis Webb in live game-action anyhow.  And those same reports say that Manning told Giants' management to start the other guys if that was the case.

And Eli was never going to approach Brett Favre's streak -- that would take six more years of playing and staying healthy and the Giants have no intention of going that long.  Big Blue is almost certainly going to draft one of the top QBs with their first pick this upcoming spring, and the high probability that there's a new coach and a new GM means they'd probably be married to that guy and not give a (darn) about Eli Manning, streak or no streak.

The Giants are mathematically eliminated from the playoff race.  They need to be focused on evaluating what's on the remnants of their roster with an eye towards next year, not playing out the string with Eli Manning because of "history" or "his legacy" or "the streak".

1 hour ago, Jigglypuff said:

It's typical for NBA teams to stop trying and better their draft positions. It's not typical for NFL teams to do the same so it's surprising the G Men would fold this early.

Maybe McAdoo is trying to become the most hated New Yorker of the 21st Century.