Compared To Other NIS

TigressLion

NIS America is one of my absolute FAVORITE game companies; that said, I noticed this sale on sale and had a question. Being 20.00$ it seems very viable of an option, compared to NIS America's other titles how does this fare? Is it worth the 20$ or should I wait for another sale of theirs? I always wanted Atelier, but they never seem to come low enough for me T_T. 

Should I grab this or wait for a better NIS game?

P.S I almost NEVER get more than 5-10$ a month to spend on games, that's why I'm asking since I got the spare change should I gamble on this?

I have almost passed the first playthrough. The game has a similar feel to some of the first Neptune games.

Explore areas, battle wacky designed monsters, collect items, search for hidden item, beat boss. Read comedy text with a half serious story and repeat

Edited by fisty123

Fairy Fencer F is something of a watered-down version of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series.  If you've played the more recent HDN games, you'll probably pick up FFF's gameplay pretty quickly.

The Neptunia games on the whole are better, and their characters are better developed (and not just in the chest).  Fairy Fencer F is a nice game on its own, but you'll have to decide for yourself if it's worth the investment based on how much you appreciated the HDN series.

Also, FFF is an excruciatingly tedious platinum grind, if you care about that sort of thing.

Wait for a better game, my friend!

if you want to be taken serious , you should explain why do you think the game is bad , or what game is "better".  have you played it? yes? than what was not so good in your opinion. 

OT: Like others explained it is not directly an NISA game but i see the confusion here , so many games are CH/NISA/IF  combined :)

in my opinion FFF was a very good game. Story is way more serious than other CH games .  Characters are great (but typical character types) . Trophies are very grindy  (little bit preparation is necessary so you dont miss some fairys).

• Like 1

I Know it's done by Compile Hearts, but I also grab titles they publish or import too. Pretty much if it's under NIS America's website game section I love the game. Thanks to this post though, I think I'll wait. Unfortunately their Summer Sale ends this week, so I will have to wait for the Flash Sale, hopefully something good. Thanks everyone for the input!

I Know it's done by Compile Hearts, but I also grab titles they publish or import too. Pretty much if it's under NIS America's website game section I love the game. Thanks to this post though, I think I'll wait. Unfortunately their Summer Sale ends this week, so I will have to wait for the Flash Sale, hopefully something good. Thanks everyone for the input!

ebay is your friend when it comes to these games i got each of the hyperdimension neptunia games for under 20 bucks aswell as fairy fencer f for 15 all in new shrink wraped goodness :D just takes patience and a keen eye for prices and bids and setting a firm high bid dont go getting angsty and spend the retail price lol

• 1 month later...

It's a Compile Heart game, not NIS. It's pretty mediocre, but fun for a while if you don't think too hard.

And if you're cheap, wait 'till the PC version is on sale. The framerate on PS3 is pretty bad, and the PC version gets pretty cheap on sales.

Edited by DesmaBR