how to get double platinum in a game?

DChang95

Hello trophy hunters

i am not sure either i am in the right room or not coz im new here

i just want to ask a simple question "How to get double platinum in one game" coz i have seen some people are able to get it

for example, sound shapes. there are many people who are able to get the platinum like 3 - 4 times in that game.

Thanks for answering my question :)

post-140848-0-16309500-1439155727_thumb.png

post-140848-0-12974600-1439155747_thumb.png

Certain games have multiple platinums. Sound shapes I think has 6 in total. So if you own Sound Shapes on PS3 it is also cross buy with Vita and PS4 so you can download it on those systems and get another platinum

Other games were just released twice. Rayman Origins is on both Vita and PS3 and has a platinum for both consoles BUT there are games like Lone Survivor that is on both systems but only has one platinum.

Finally there are games like Demon's Souls or 3D Dot Gameheroes that have platinums based on other regions. So the Japanese, European and North American versions of both games have a platinum so you could get 3 platinums per title (most games share the same trophy list across regions).

Hopefully that helps :)

A game can potentially have like 3 consoles * 5-6 different regions worth of platinums. Few games does this though (none AFAIK). I'm fairly certain developers can pick, yes pick, if the trophies should stack or not with each platform. In the case of regions, this is often due to different companies publishing the games.

Edited by MMDE

As everyone said above, some games have their trophy lists separated. 

For example, Hotline Miami is available on PS3 and PS Vita. Maybe PS4 also but I'm not sure. However, there is only one trophy list meaning even if you play it on all 3 consoles, you can only get the trophies once meaning one platinum.

Almost all, if not all, the Disgaea games have separate PS3 and PS Vita versions with different trophy lists, allowing for multiple platinums. Granted for this example, the PS Vita version are usually a little different with all the DLC from the PS3 version included.

A game like Sound Shapes, has separate trophy lists for each console. Meaning 2 platinums. In addition, it can be played from different regions, meaning the Japan Sound Shapes has a different trophy list, the Hong Kong Sound Shapes has a different trophy list, the EU version, etc.

That person in the picture bought the crossbuy version of Sound Shapes for the US, giving him 3 platniums, and the PS4 version of Sound Shapes from the EU, Japan, and HK stores, totaling 6 platinums for it.

Hello trophy hunters

i am not sure either i am in the right room or not coz im new here

i just want to ask a simple question "How to get double platinum in one game" coz i have seen some people are able to get it

for example, sound shapes. there are many people who are able to get the platinum like 3 - 4 times in that game.

Thanks for answering my question :)

These games are from different regions.