Your Next Game - The Lottery 2 (event over)

Hey Eff, I said I would be down for this one...despite already doing a Star Ocean and Bioshock Infinite We Play :P.

Can I ask that two rules be made. Can we say the 100% or Plat has to be possible. So no games with closed online and no glitched games (UFC Personal Trainer for example) and that if you recommend a game you have to have the 100% or Plat yourself (so people don't just pick impossible games to recommend). I don't know, I think it is fairer that way :) (but it is your contest so I am just suggesting)

I have a Vita, PS3 and Move controllers so those are the kind of games I can play :)

• Like 2

Hey Eff, I said I would be down for this one...despite already doing a Star Ocean and Bioshock Infinite We Play :P.

Can I ask that two rules be made. Can we say the 100% or Plat has to be possible. So no games with closed online and no glitched games (UFC Personal Trainer for example) and that if you recommend a game you have to have the 100% or Plat yourself (so people don't just pick impossible games to recommend). I don't know, I think it is fairer that way :) (but it is your contest so I am just suggesting)

I have a Vita, PS3 and Move controllers so those are the kind of games I can play :)

lol you responded so fast, I didn't even get the chance to PM you to say it was open. :lol:

1. The first issue, unattainable trophies, was addressed last time, and will continue with this installment; only games with no unattainable trophies can be suggested.

2. The second issue, only suggesting games they've played themselves to avoid people being asswads and suggesting ridiculous titles for the trolling, wasn't implemented last time, but was suggested late in the event and agreed to be implemented for this time. Only, it is slightly different from your suggestion; the person had to at least played the game themselves, in order to suggest it. It's not the platinum or 100% but, it's better than no rule regarding it at all.

• Like 1

lol you responded so fast, I didn't even get the chance to PM you to say it was open. :lol:

1. The first issue, unattainable trophies, was addressed last time, and will continue with this installment; only games with no unattainable trophies can be suggested.

2. The second issue, only suggesting games they've played themselves to avoid people being asswads and suggesting ridiculous titles for the trolling, wasn't implemented last time, but was suggested late in the event and agreed to be implemented for this time. Only, it is slightly different from your suggestion; the person had to at least played the game themselves, in order to suggest it. It's not the platinum or 100% but, it's better than no rule regarding it at all.

I was just heading to bed when I saw this posted and figured I might as well sign up :P.

Well hopefully people recommend games they actually like and not just try to be jerks about it :). I have a couple of games ready to recommend since the last time and they are all ones I truly enjoyed getting the plat for (so hopefully others do as well).

• Like 1

This is the part where I have to be the jerk face and say something like, "No, no, no. That's not how things work around here." There's only one rule; play whatever gets picked for you. Your lack of peripherals does not dictate the types of games you can play. Although, I would consider myself lucky that you already own a Move because that's one less thing you would have to buy if a Move game was picked for you. :lol:

I'll wait for the confirmation of your full understanding regarding the rules before I add you.

• Like 1

This is the part where I have to be the jerk face and say something like, "No, no, no. That's not how things work around here." There's only one rule; play whatever gets picked for you. Your lack of peripherals does not dictate the types of games you can play. Although, I would consider myself lucky that you already own a Move because that's one less thing you would have to buy if a Move game was picked for you. :lol:

I'll wait for the confirmation of your full understanding regarding the rules before I add you.

Hmm, I want to join but I can't afford to buy things like a Rock Band set or Dj Turntables right now. I mean the odds are pretty low that something will be picked for me that I don't own the equipment for (as I have already platted both Tony Hawk games and 2 skylander games) but I don't know if I want to take that chance.

Hmm, I want to join but I can't afford to buy things like a Rock Band set or Dj Turntables right now. I mean the odds are pretty low that something will be picked for me that I don't own the equipment for (as I have already platted both Tony Hawk games and 2 skylander games) but I don't know if I want to take that chance.

To be fair, when I send out the agreement forms, I do kind of hint at "Hey, it would be a nice gesture if you weren't a huge douchebag and only picked everything that needs extras... consider the wallets of others...blah blah blah" but, the risk is still there that someone will be adamant on picking something that requires peripherals, like Rock Band guitars, DJ Hero turntables, Singstar microphones, Skylanders/Disney Infinity/LEGO portals, BUZZ Quiz controllers, etc.

That's part of the gamble really. Signing up means you're quite prepared to dish out the cashola on this crapola. :lol:

Ah sooooo on the fence about this, wanna try but can't take the risk of getting an FPS as I'll be taken down by severe motion sickness. I guess I'll just see how everyone else gets on and lurk around the comments reading updates.

Good luck to everyone who signs up :)

• Like 1

Sing me up, wanted to join last time but was like 30 minutes to late

lol I just noticed that, depending on how the sign up confirmation goes, you might already be 40 minutes late for this one too. :S I'd say stick around and wait to see because there's probably gonna be one or two to drop out when it's fight or flight time. Also, if everyone decides to stay, I can bump the players up to 10 and wait for one more after you. :)

Alright folks. Let's hold off on the sign ups until we see what's happening here.

EDIT: I just noticed pese-97 snuck in while I was responding. I'll bump it to 10 and we'll roll with the initial batch of confirmations soon.

Edited by effdeegee

IM IN!!! EFFDEEGEE YOUR LEGEND, LOVE THIS!!!

Hang on for a bit to see what happens with the first batch of confirmations. If someone leaves you can take their spot. If they all stay, I'll be shocked but, might bump it to 12 and wait for one more.

Alright folks. No more. Wait to see what happens here. Any posts made after this point asking to join will be seen as herp derp.

• Like 1