Your Next Game - The Lottery 2 (event over)

9/10 confirmed now. Only PP mate left. :D

Just want to suggest a small thing to your "only played games can be suggested" rule. 30% completion. That is it, you can only suggest a game if you have at least 30% on it. That way I can't simply pop Star Ocean on my system, sync the list, suggest it and use the ps app to delete the list while laughing my ass off the misery I've caused.

OT: I would like to join, but unfortunately my time is incredibly short lately (check the trophy gaps on my profile). Maybe next time then?

• Like 1

Dammit! One of the few things I'm actually interested in participating in, and it's already filled before I could even get a look at it. Well, there's always next time, I suppose. I got some quick questions though:

1. If someone were to get a game they really don't want on their profile, can they use a secondary account to play it?

2. Do all recommended games need to have a trophy list? Like, would Folklore be acceptable? What about PS1 and PS2 Classics, like Metal Gear Solid or Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne?

Edited by godzillaboy100

1. If someone were to get a game they really don't want on their profile, can they use a secondary account to play it?

Someone did this last time, but didn't post the secondary account. I'm not in charge here but if FDG lets it slide again he'll probably require the secondary account name or trophy card posted here or something.

I've liked the first post and followed the thread. Not sure how I missed this going up, but I'll definitely use this thread to pick up a few random game ideas like last time. GL and have fun everybody.

• Like 1

I'm just putting it out there, if a driving game happened to come up for me .............

and if it required the purchase of a driving wheel and pedals ..........

I could live with that :)

( would be the perfect justification right ...... )

That's how you convince the wife  B)

Honey, I signed up for this event and I have to buy and play this game now.  It requires the wheel and pedals...

You what now?

I signed up for this event

What event?

This event on PSNP

Yeah, I could see this going well.

Edited by Quikdrawjoe
  • Like 4

Just want to suggest a small thing to your "only played games can be suggested" rule. 30% completion. That is it, you can only suggest a game if you have at least 30% on it.... Maybe next time then?

It sounds like a good safeguard but, I'm not gonna start getting that technical with the rules. If someone is lame enough to go to those lengths, we'll just catch them and beat them to death with rusty pipes instead. :lol: If you wanna join next time, keep your eyes on this forum around the middle of November.

So there's 0 chance of getting a game you already have on your profile...

If it's on your profile, regardless of percentage, it won't be assigned to you.

2. Do all recommended games need to have a trophy list?

1. Hemiak said it well.

2. Games with trophies. Must be all attainable.

Should we msg you our list, too?

Just sit back and relax and I'll handle everything. ;)

EDIT:

10/10 are now confirmed. :D

Everyone sit tight and I'll get working on launching the second phase. :)

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 1

So i was looking through the participants and i saw that; 

• Edunstar84 doesn't have a ps4 (from what i can see on his profile)
  • MutinyTeddie, Whoadreader and Pese-97 don't have a vita (all of their vita games are cross platform)

I just hope you guys are ready to buy those systems if you don't have them :D Especially the vita, because i'll be recommending quite a few vita games :P

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1

So i was looking through the participants and i saw that;

• Edunstar84 doesn't have a ps4 (from what i can see on his profile)
  • MutinyTeddie, Whoadreader and Pese-97 don't have a vita (all of their vita games are cross platform)
I just hope you guys are ready to buy those systems if you don't have them :D Especially the vita, because i'll be recommending quite a few vita games :P

That's not how it works. You're gonna give the contestants a heart attack talking like that. :lol:

For future installments of the lottery... Is possible that the audience send list of games?

That's never been thought of before and I am seriously gonna think of how to integrate this into future events because it sounds like a fantastic idea. :)

Edited by effdeegee

For future installments of the lottery...

Is possible that the audience send list of games?

That's never been thought of before and I am seriously gonna think of how to integrate this into future events because it sounds like a fantastic idea. :)

Maybe the audience part could be like a game show feature. For example, after the contestants are paired up, but before the games are revealed, each player has a choice. Take the unknown random game from their partner or the unknown random game from the audience. A "what's behind door #1 or door #2" type thing. Also, you could use it like a lifeline feature. If someone absolutely hates the game they got, they can choose the audience picks, which could be better or worse. That kind of takes some of the risk away though now that I think about it.

Sorry if those are horrible ideas, just what came to mind when I saw this suggestion. Plus, not sure how you would go about getting the consensus audience recommendations.

Edited by MStalker58

Those new ideas all sound pretty fun to me.

but, if I may for a second;

I let a few suggestions get considered during the first installment, and a few more get suggested this time, and now I feel like the alteration Olympics are starting and it's open season on changing my recipe.

To be quite honest, one of the first suggestions ever considered, needing to have played the game before being able to suggest it, is already proving to be a huge wrench in the wheel and it causing more confusion than it is safeguarding the participants.

I can understand the excitement and need to evolve the event but, not when it leads to more question marks being typed than actual games being played.

It was pretty easy when it was just sign up, pick games, play games. Now it's "only this" and "only if you did that" and "what happens when this happens when that happens"... :blah:

effy getting cranky. :lol:

Those new ideas all sound pretty fun to me.

but, if I may for a second;

I let a few suggestions get considered during the first installment, and a few more get suggested this time, and now I feel like the alteration Olympics are starting and it's open season on changing my recipe.

To be quite honest, one of the first suggestions ever considered, needing to have played the game before being able to suggest it, is already proving to be a huge wrench in the wheel and it causing more confusion than it is safeguarding the participants.

I can understand the excitement and need to evolve the event but, not when it leads to more question marks being typed than actual games being played.

It was pretty easy when it was just sign up, pick games, play games. Now it's "only this" and "only if you did that" and "what happens when this happens when that happens"... :blah:

effy getting cranky. :lol:

Yeah, sorry I was just throwing my thoughts out there when you said you were thinking of ways to integrate that in future lotteries. Obviously this is your thing, do it how you want. Like you said, no need to make it more complicated than it should be or was meant to be.

Looking forward to seeing what games everyone gets.