what made you scared as a kid?

Lonemankane

Was never frightened of much as a child, Until my uncle had committed Suicide by way of shotgun.- I had to travel with my father to help keep the family calm.- I of course didn't see anything that night but it was seeing how much it affected my father, the way he in a way never acted the same again after that night-kept me up for weeks to come I was scared he might do something and I'd lose someone I loved.

History repeats I'd like to add, another one of my uncles had Committed Suicide again when I would be an adult.- By way of hanging though I was called in by my cousins to help cut him down, his wife couldn't bare him hanging.-would be the first time I ever would see a dead body.- So if I was truly fearful of anything as a child and now it would be my Family History.

Sorry if this Bums anyone out, it felt good to vent though.- I don't get to do that much nowdays.

• Like 4

Speaking of Courage, those alien brain things scared me because when I was a kid I had a fear of being abducted by aliens. It didn't help they looked like this.

hqdefault.jpg

Also the Colonel Campbell calls in MGS2 near the end of the game. They still freak out me out really.

Edited by Tony Redgrave
  • Like 3

When I was but a little shit, I was scared of these things:

Stephen King's It. I was unprepared for the unrepentant sex appeal of Tim Curry... No, of course it was just that he was a clown, and everybody hates clowns.

Dario Argento's Demons. The gory transitioning scenes were just a tad much for my innocent mind.

The animatronics from Showbiz Pizza. They were like 4 times my height and their movements were jerky and horrifying... My parent's spent a lot of money to get us a table in the party pit for me to spend the night under   the table howling in despair... I feel bad about that.

People speaking in tongues... I was raised Pentecostal. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you know nothing about how to scare kids! Imagine a small group of usually calm, elderly people suddenly erupting into explosive cacophonies of screams, howls, jumps, and stomps while the staring upward with tears pouring down their face, sometimes charging through the aisles, sometimes laying on the ground and (what I could only call...) convulsing while a room full of people cheered and clapped and sang hymns so disproportionately slow compared to the spectacle up on the pulpit as to crate a contrast that I can't put into words. Then know that this was expected of you, some day.

Also, Doom on PC.

Edited by siuilarun
  • Like 1

My brother and a friend decided I had to watch The Shining by myself. Scared the shit out of me.

Another thing my brother did was roll his eyes back so all you could see was the whites. That used to scare me and probs why I have thing about eyes.

Oh and how could I forget?

My cousins would throw this video on the VCR and lock the door. I used to be scared shitless of Thriller! xD

Ah the memories, Courage was awesome.

OMG my dad recorded music videos on MTV back then and would have them play all day, and that video use to scare the crap out of me everytime 2:23 came up!

• Like 1

by the way fred pops up in one more episode that being ball of revenge at the end it's funny the way he just pops up though anyone remember this? 3540283-1290280611-eqwUd.gif

I love that episode, when he's opening the different doors.

OMG my dad recorded music videos on MTV back then and would have them play all day, and that video use to scare the crap out of me everytime 2:23 came up!

Me too, that's where it all begins. xD

• Like 3

Haha:

-"Retuuuurn the slab, or suffer my curse."

-"What's your offer?!"

What used to scare me when I was little? Simple, one thing ...

jphnLV.jpg

Seriously, this film used to make me shit my pants, and years later, I figure out it's a comedy!

mars-attacks1.jpeg.scaled500.jpg

And now I'm a sci-fi fan  :lol:

The Dark and King Ramses on Courage The Cowardly Dog

Just thinking... How were they able to get away with some things that was in that cartoon back then? lol

Simply because cartoons are actually mostly made for more older audiences. There are so many adult themes in so many cartoons, it's obvious it's not (only) meant for little kids. Courage the Cowardly Dog is so obviously more of an adult directed show. Or maybe it's better to say it's directed at a little older children, for those that know not to really believe in fiction. If you look at it now, there are so many funny stuff in the Courage show, it isn't as scary. So yeah, that's why they got away with it. It wasn't really meant for little kids.

Edited by QuinlanLJ
  • Like 1