what made you scared as a kid?

Lonemankane

Tim Curry played the Lord of Darkness in Legend. I loved the movie but had to shut my eyes, when he showed up. Also, ET during the hospital/men in white space suits scene. My younger sister loved the movie and wanted to watch it all the time. I hid the VHS under the couch, so she wouldn't find it. 

I loved the shows from Cartoon Network!! Some of them were weird but good.

The possibility of being disabled to the point of full helplessness and unability to change anything.

That's why I was creeped out by "Professor Dowell's Head" and scared shitless by the ending of "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream".

Then I saw Metallica's "One" music clip, did some research and found out about "Johnny Got The Gun", which scared me even MORE.

And then, after my first serious operation, I awoke in the dark room, strapped to the opeartion table, almost completely covered in bandages and fully unable to move. Anesthesia kicked in again soon after that, so I quickly dozed off, but I already was freaked by the possibility of "That Horrible Thing" happening to me. Next time I awoke in the car, on the way to home, and while I don't remember a thing about that, my parents said to me later that I started screaming immidiatelly after waking up. For hours. I'm sure grateful that the memory suppression exists. Sadly, my rehab didn't go very smoothly, and some of my leg muscles got paralyzed, so I have a more "physical" reminder about my childhood fears to this day.

I can't think of anything I was scared of as a kid. I was one of those strange kids where I used to watch horror films on my own in the dark. If I think of anything, I will post it. 

Lol that's so weird, I was just about to post something similar. Nothing really scared me. Horror stuff I have never found particularly scary or bad. Unless it's video games, like Silent Hill xD though that was more freaky than scary.

Lol that's so weird, I was just about to post something similar. Nothing really scared me. Horror stuff I have never found particularly scary or bad. Unless it's video games, like Silent Hill xD though that was more freaky than scary.

Lol. I was never scared by video games either. I was always the one that rooted for the bad guy or tried to understand the paranormal in films. I used to scare my family with things like doing a blood curdling scream in the middle of the night. I think people were more scared of me then I of them. 

• Like 1

Lol. I was never scared by video games either. I was always the one that rooted for the bad guy or tried to understand the paranormal in films. I used to scare my family with things like doing a blood curdling scream in the middle of the night. I think people were more scared of me then I of them. 

Lol wow xD I don't think I ever screamed out of nowhere, and like I said, wasn't exactly scary, more WTF type moments. I'll never forget getting the Alien ending on Silent Hill 1 xD me, my brother and my friend who were all playing it laughed our asses off.

Lol wow xD I don't think I ever screamed out of nowhere, and like I said, wasn't exactly scary, more WTF type moments. I'll never forget getting the Alien ending on Silent Hill 1 xD me, my brother and my friend who were all playing it laughed our asses off.

Lol. I used to laugh at that stuff too. I only know about my weirdness as my nan told me, I used to sit upright in bed mumble something, scream then mumble something again before going back to sleep. I do remember her saying one night I sleep walked to the bottom of the stairs, started scratching a wooden door until my fingers bled then screamed a lot. Thankfully I dont do anything like that now. Lol. 

I can't think of anything I was scared of as a kid. I was one of those strange kids where I used to watch horror films on my own in the dark. If I think of anything, I will post it. 

Same,not even silly kids things like afraid of the dark or monsters. Can't think of anything

Seriously, this film used to make me shit my pants, and years later, I figure out it's a comedy!

mars-attacks1.jpeg.scaled500.jpg

And now I'm a sci-fi fan  :lol:

I feel like this movie played a large part in me being afraid of aliens too. Independence Day kind of did too.

Me, my bro and my 2 kousins use to play 24/7 and when i was like...4 years i think? This was the scariest thing ever for me xD

<video snip>

I always thought the Licker was cool for some reason :P I still remember the first time me and my cousin encountered the Iron Maiden in RE4.

• Like 1

I'm sure most posters here will have no idea what I'm referring to, but for some reason, my parents thought it would be okay for me to see " Kramer vs. Kramer" when I was 5. Jason and Freddy had nothing compared to the fearful reality of parental separation and divorce in my young eyes.

And in a postscript twist, they did get divorced nine years later.

Not much really, but something I remember scaring me was a whispering white and black flashing program announcer (don't know what it's called, a thing that tells what's gonna happen on tv something like that).

Oh damn, Courage was one of my favourite shows as a kid and I clearly remember the scenes posted earlier. I've always loved horror, the real thing that's scary is the real world.