what made you scared as a kid?

Lonemankane

• 4 months later...

2052M.jpg

Scooby Doo on the N64.

That game was all about the chase scenes. I hated anything involving being chased as a kid (hell, I still don't really like it), so watching my mom plays this gave me nightmares. 

Also, that beetle scene from The Mummy. Ugh...

And finally, after getting caught in a swarm of them, I also feared Lovebugs.

• Like 1

My first memory of unjustified, childish fear comes from when I was 3. Maybe 2? At night when cars would pass by and their lights would cross by my window was interpreted by my infantile mind to be skeletons circling our house with lanterns.

Later, when I was 7, I was exposed to the alien from Alien. I started going to sleep before the sun set in fear I would be killed. 

Because I was raised in an extremely religious household I was also afraid the "rapture" would happen and I would be left alone. Thankfully I outgrew such fairy tales.

I also recall a strange fear of the house catching on fire. At times I would try to force myself to stay awake in order to escape. This went away when I became a pre-teen. 

Something that scared me as a kid?

Visiting the Basement was always a nightmare. It was dark and cold in there and I always had a feeling that someone's close by. Also this never really happened but I always had a nightmare that I was playing a very scary game in my PS2 (back in the day) and when I was trying to turn off the console or close the TV, the game wouldn't stop. Weird but gave me the chills as a little kid.

Something that scared me as a kid?

Visiting the Basement was always a nightmare. It was dark and cold in there and I always had a feeling that someone's close by. Also this never really happened but I always had a nightmare that I was playing a very scary game in my PS2 (back in the day) and when I was trying to turn off the console or close the TV, the game wouldn't stop. Weird but gave me the chills as a little kid.

that feeling of being watchd going into the basement.  Gotta say I can relate, that is one weird feeling.. then to get to the steps going up,,  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  its like get me out of here, the guy is probably right behind me!

also the doorbell when it was dark and there were no parents home.  Had a few interesting nights that i guess makes sense why it would scare me.  Still kinda does.

Edited by SilkyJay86

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My oldest bro had an alien mask, and he used it to scare me a lot at night when I was a little kid.

3d-rendered-illustration-humanoid-alien-

In my early teens, I had a friend who loved researching things about Thelema and Freemasonry.  He showed me a picture of some guy with a pyramid hat in his head. I got scared shitless.

I don't even want to search his picture, cause i bet this is not hard to find.

Edited by MegaMegu__