We Play Devil May Cry 3 HD

1ZomHwa.png

Banner by Floriiss

Do not come into the thread to tell people how you dispatched of certain enemies unless they ask you, any posts breaking this rule or that ruins the enjoyment of the group will be reported to mods.

A Separate thread will be made when we start DMC 3 so that people will remain on topic in the individual threads.

Anyone who wants to join, you may use the Devil May Cry HD Collection sign up thread here, unlike the other sign up threads this one will remain open until we start DMC 3. If you want to send an enquiry after that date, send me a PM or use this thread here. Anyone who invades this thread breaking this simple request will likely be added to my ignore list and effectively banned from all future playthroughs, this also includes anyone who puts spoilers in the thread, beyond the point we've played up to.

This starts Monday 10th August, if you don't have the game I'll be uploading videos as I go through the game feel free to watch them if you want to join in on discussion of the game, don't discuss anything beyond the current checkpoint. I have tried to remove every single trace of anything that seemed like it could be a spoiler so don't worry about getting spoilers reading through this post.

Before We Start:

This game takes a total of 6 playthroughs to plat. Once on normal, hard, very hard, DMD and Heaven or Hell, and one playthrough as Vergil. I'm assuming we're playing as Dante when we start this game. Up to you if you want to play as Vergil, to my knowledge its the same levels. Also I'd recommend playing with Gold orbs with who ever your main character is and yellow orbs for the character you only intend to play through on Normal as.

Missable Trophies:

Collectibles will be added to the Checkpoints as I find them and when I upload videos, the video description will include time stamps taking you to the part of the video showing the collectible locations.

There are no real missable trophies in this game as this game has a Mission Select, I'll note which missions have Secret Missions or anything else important at checkpoints. Source for all secrets there's a guide here, I'll do the same as last time as I find collectibles I'll add the information to checkpoints, collectibles will feature in the videos I do for this game to.

Guidelines:

1. We only play up to the agreed milestone, I think if we leave people behind the group will fall apart, if people fall behind we will continue, but i do hope he others will try to keep up.

2. If you do meet an agreed story milestone, try to focus on any collectibles.

3. Let us know in the thread if you meet a milestone so we can tell if everything is running smoothly, if you're having trouble with a boss or particular enemies try to ask in the thread first before consulting a guide, this is mainly to keep the talk on the game still open.

4. If you have any suggestions I'm completely open to them.

5. Anyone who wants to join, you may use the DMC sign up thread, unlike other sign up threads this one will be open until we start DMC 3. If you want to send an enquiry after that date, send me a PM. Anyone who invades this thread breaking this simple request will likely be added to my ignore list and effectively banned from all future playthroughs, this also includes anyone who puts spoilers in the thread, beyond the point we've played up to.

Group members:

1. Superbuu3 (Checkpoint 3)
  2. Chuck (Checkpoint 2)
  3. cjshaitan
  4. Gibbo_0113 (Checkpoint 4)
  5. Mr Incredible
  6. NullRay85 (Checkpoint 4)
  7. Tony Redgrave (Checkpoint 4)

Checkpoint 1 - Complete Mission 3 (72 hours)

I know this isn't a long checkpoint, but the number of people who can't beat the boss in mission 3 is ridiculous, so i'm not going to assume you guys will find this easy.

Click blue text for video

Mission 1 and 2: No collectibles

Mission 3: Blue Orb Fragment 1

Combat Adjudacator 1

Secret Mission 1

Checkpoint 2 - Beat Mission 6 (72 hours)

Click blue text for video

Mission 4 - Blue Orb Fragment 2
Mission 5 - Combat Adjudacator 2, Secret Mission 2
Mission 6 - Combat Adjudacator 3

Checkpoint 3 - Beat Mission 9 (72 hours)

Cllick blue text for video

Mission 7 - Secret Mission 3, Blue Or Fragment 3, Combat Adjudacator 4
Mission 8 - Blue orb fragment 3, Secret Mission 4 (easy method), Combat adjudactor 5
Mission 9 - Blue orb Fragment 4, Secret Mission 5

Checkpoint 4 - Beat Mission 12 (72 hours)

Mission 10 - Spiral (weapon), Combat Adjudacator, Secret Mission 6
Mission 11/12 - Secret Mission 7, Blue Orb Fragment, Combat Adjudacator

We Play videos:

All collectibles found during levels.

Mission 1-5

Mission 1 Dante:

Mission 2 Dante:

Mission 3 Dante:

Mission 4 Dante:

Mission 5 Dante:

Mission 6 Dante:

Mission 7 Dante:

Mission 8 Dante:

Mission 9 Dante:

Mission 10 Dante:

Mission 11 Dante:

Mission 12 Dante:

Edited by Superbuu3

ohhhhh was wondering where this thread was :facepalm: . Not a problem will reach the checkpoint tomorrow  :D

EDIT: Checkpoint 1 and 2 reached. 

Discussion 1

1. What did you think of the younger Dante and the way he acts compared to how he is represented in DMC 1 and 2? I like this Dante the best. He's got a sense of humor in this game

2. What did you think of the opening cutscenes? What did you think of the narrated part showing scenes that occurred later in the game? Killing demons and eating pizza = Badass

3, How did you think the combat compared to the previous games? What style are you using? Are you changing between the different styles? I felt more at home with this combat style but i haven't figured out how to do the million stabs move. Can anyone tell me how? Just been using the trickster style

4. What did you think of the difficulty in the starting mission compared to the other games? Did you find the enemies more aggressive? I found the start to be pretty easy. Using :circle: to dodge helps.

5. Have you managed to get a SSS rank combo yet? Not yet but i got an SS

6. How did you do against the mission 2 boss? Did he give you any trouble? The grim reaper guy wasn't hard. His attacks were obvious so you have enough time to dodge. 

7. Did you have have any trouble with the combat adjudacator and the first Secret Mission? Nope had 10 seconds to spare.

8. What did you buy in preparation for the mission 3 boss? I think i bought the stinger

9, Did you manage to beat the mission 3 boss on your first try? Thoughts on the boss and cutscenes? No. But one time he had a tiny bit of health and i got cocky and died. 3 attempts in total. I thoght he was very kind. giving me his soul and all.

10. What do you think of the combat mechanics compared to the earlier games? Better. 

11. What impact did you think DMC 2 had on this game did you notice any influences?  I guess the upgradable guns. The gold orb mode also

Edited by Gibbo_0113

I didn't know we started already, checkpoint reached. Only seven of us? that's odd, I thought DMC3 was going to be much anticipated in the We Play fourms.

EDIT: There are two modes in this game Gold and Yellow orb mode, what are they, by the way.

Any tips/ suggestions on this particular trophy?

The Path Less Traveled
Clear every mission in Yellow Orb Mode.

Edited by NullRay85

I didn't know we started already, checkpoint reached. Only seven of us? that's odd, I thought DMC3 was going to be much anticipated in the We Play fourms.

EDIT: There are two modes in this game Gold and Yellow orb mode, what are they, by the way.

Any tips/ suggestions on this particular trophy?

The Path Less Traveled

Clear every mission in Yellow Orb Mode.

Do it with Vergil in normal mode after, this run. Yellow Orb mode is like orbs from the first game, golden orbs is the orbs in the second game and considerably easier. Seeing as we'll be doing all the high level difficulty levels with Dante its sensible to choose him with gold orbs as you'll need those to beat heaven and hell mode and DMD.

Discussion Checkpoint 1:

1. What did you think of the younger Dante and the way he acts compared to how he is represented in DMC 1 and 2?

2. What did you think of the opening cutscenes? What did you think of the narrated part showing scenes that occurred later in the game?

3, How did you think the combat compared to the previous games? What style are you using? Are you changing between the different styles?

4. What did you think of the difficulty in the starting mission compared to the other games? Did you find the enemies more aggressive?

5. Have you managed to get a SSS rank combo yet?

6. How did you do against the mission 2 boss? Did he give you any trouble?

7. Did you have have any trouble with the combat adjudacator and the first Secret Mission?

8. What did you buy in preparation for the mission 3 boss?

9, Did you manage to beat the mission 3 boss on your first try? Thoughts on the boss and cutscenes?

10. What do you think of the combat mechanics compared to the earlier games?

11. What impact did you think DMC 2 had on this game did you notice any influences?

Edited by Superbuu3

Discussion Checkpoint 1:

1. What did you think of the younger Dante and the way he acts compared to how he is represented in DMC 1 and 2?

2. What did you think of the opening cutscenes? What did you think of the narrated part showing scenes that occurred later in the game?

3, How did you think the combat compared to the previous games? What style are you using? Are you changing between the different styles?

4. What did you think of the difficulty in the starting mission compared to the other games? Did you find the enemies more aggressive?

5. Have you managed to get a SSS rank combo yet?

6. How did you do against the mission 2 boss? Did he give you any trouble?

7. Did you have have any trouble with the combat adjudacator and the first Secret Mission?

8. What did you buy in preparation for the mission 3 boss?

9, Did you manage to beat the mission 3 boss on your first try? Thoughts on the boss and cutscenes?

10. What do you think of the combat mechanics compared to the earlier games?

11. What impact did you think DMC 2 had on this game did you notice any influences?

1. He's more arrogant, cocky, and rude than his later iterations.

2. It was good, a nice brief insight from Lady on Sparda's legend and the ongoing conflict between his sons. However, it slightly spoils the Dante Vs. Vergil battle later in the game.

3. So much good. Everything is fast, fluid, and satisfying. I'm currently using Swordmaster though I take Gunslinger for a spin here and there.

4. Hard, in a good way. The swarm of enemies that came rushing into Dante's office were fierce and brutal. I was surprised that I got an A rank in that mission.

5. Not yet.

6. Fairly well. He gave me a lot of trouble when he was teleporting in and out, though I stroked him at the right time and ended the mission.

7. I actually missed the first secret mission :/ ( though, I'll try to complete as much as I can in later runs)

8. 2 small vitality stars. The rest was just skill from prior games.  B) 

9. Fortunately I did. At first the battle starts simple, however, when I took most of his health meter out he was more aggressive and things got a little out-of-hand. The cutscene was hilarious, Dante making fun of Cerberus as a pet dog was priceless.

10. Its refined and streamlined as well as seamless and doesn't disrupt the action.

11. If anything it was to remind the series either to go back to it's roots or fade away into the wasted potential side of games.

I did notice some slight influences which is the gun upgrades via levels, I'm not sure if there is anything else DMC2 had to influence on this game.

BONUS QUESTION: 

12. Compared to Lucia, do you think Lady has the potential of becoming a more compelling and likable female lead?

​I absolutely think so.

Edited by NullRay85
  • Like 1

Checkpoint 3 reached

EDIT: Discussion 2

1. What did you think of Lady and her first meeting with Dante, and the fact she shoots at him with a rocket? I lost it at that part. Him riding the rocket was hilarious

2. What did you think of overpowering a boss to acquire their aid as a weapon? Have you been using the Cerberus? This is a great reward for beating a boss. Cerberus has been pretty useful so far

3. Which style are you using, have you been changing? Trickster. I will change when i have maxed it

4. Which sword and gun are you using mainly? Primary rebelion. Secondary sword changes. Been using ebony and ivory most

5. How did you find the Gigapede boss? Pretty easy. Stand near the entrance then drop down. I used Cerberus for it.

6. Thoughts on the Jester boss? Did he give you much trouble? Some of his attacks were hard to dodge but he stands still so easy to do damage on

7. How did you fair against Agni and Rudra? What tactic did you use? Did you find Agni's weakness? Did you kill them together or fight one of them in super mode? I killed them together, the fire guys weakness was obviously Cerberus.

8. How are you managing without a devil trigger? Doing fine so far  

9. What did you think of Agni and Rudra weapon? Which weapons are your main loadout? Agni and Rudra have some great attacks and combos. 

10. What do you think of the basic puzzle elements of the levels i.e. invisible stair case? I got lost a bit but i figured it out eventually

11. How did you find the trials in mission 6? Did you find the secret weapon (the third gun)? Not bad the left trial was a bit of trial and error and got annoying though.

12. Are you finding this harder than DMC 1? No so far DMC 3 is easier. But i assume that is because we are playing the special edition

13. Who or what do you think Lady is (you see her confront Arkham at this point)? Do you consider her an ally? Some crazy girl who likes killing demons. I think she may become an ally at the end.

14. Initial thoughts on Vergil? That he is the opposite of Dante.

Edited by Gibbo_0113

Next checkpoint?

Checkpoint 3 - Beat Mission 9 (72 hours)

Cllick blue text for video

Mission 7 - Secret Mission 3, Blue Or Fragment 3, Combat Adjudacator 4

Mission 8 - Blue orb fragment 3, Secret Mission 4 (easy method), Combat adjudactor 5

Mission 9 - Blue orb Fragment 4, Secret Mission 5

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

I'm up to date and beaten all secret missions, with the easy methods (well what i considered easy, including the devil's teeter totter), videos up for mission 7 and 8, you'll need to wait for 9.

Discussion Checkpoint 2:

1. What did you think of Lady and her first meeting with Dante, and the fact she shoots at him with a rocket?

2. What did you think of overpowering a boss to acquire their aid as a weapon? Have you been using the Cerberus?

3. Which style are you using, have you been changing?

4. Which sword and gun are you using mainly?

5. How did you find the Gigapede boss?

6. Thoughts on the Jester boss? Did he give you much trouble?

7. How did you fair against Agni and Rudra? What tactic did you use? Did you find Agni's weakness? Did you kill them together or fight one of them in super mode?

8. How are you managing without a devil trigger?

9. What did you think of Agni and Rudra weapon? Which weapons are your main loadout?

10. What do you think of the basic puzzle elements of the levels i.e. invisible stair case?

11. How did you find the trials in mission 6? Did you find the secret weapon (the third gun)?

12. Are you finding this harder than DMC 1?

13. Who or what do you think Lady is (you see her confront Arkham at this point)? Do you consider her an ally?

14. Initial thoughts on Vergil?

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

I'm up to date and beaten all secret missions, with the easy methods (well what i considered easy, including the devil's teeter totter), videos up for mission 7 and 8, you'll need to wait for 9.

Discussion Checkpoint 2:

1. What did you think of Lady and her first meeting with Dante, and the fact she shoots at him with a rocket?

2. What did you think of overpowering a boss to acquire their aid as a weapon? Have you been using the Cerberus?

3. Which style are you using, have you been changing?

4. Which sword and gun are you using mainly?

5. How did you find the Gigapede boss?

6. Thoughts on the Jester boss? Did he give you much trouble?

7. How did you fair against Agni and Rudra? What tactic did you use? Did you find Agni's weakness? Did you kill them together or fight one of them in super mode?

8. How are you managing without a devil trigger?

9. What did you think of Agni and Rudra weapon? Which weapons are your main loadout?

10. What do you think of the basic puzzle elements of the levels i.e. invisible stair case?

11. How did you find the trials in mission 6? Did you find the secret weapon (the third gun)?

12. Are you finding this harder than DMC 1?

13. Who or what do you think Lady is (you see her confront Arkham at this point)? Do you consider her an ally?

14. Initial thoughts on Vergil?

Checkpoint reached.

Discussions:

1. That she hates Dante and demons a like, she has no time for foolishness.  B)

2. Pretty rewarding. No, but is it a good choice to use that weapon?

3. I was mainly using gunslinger and swordsmaster, now I'm using trickster.

4. Agni and Rudra and Ebony and Ivory.

5. Pretty frustrating. Not DMC2 levels but its attacks does a considerable amount of damage, so I play it safe and use E&I from a far.

6. A good change of pace. No trouble here, I saw through his tricks easily.  B)

7. That fight was a decent challenge. I used Trickster to avoid some damage and I found his weakness unfortunately late in the fight. I had to beat them when they were combined. :facepalm:

8. I'm doing good but it'll be a blast with some DT.  :devil:

9. THE best. Their elemental attacks inflicts some hefty damage and they're fast and easy to use. 

10. OK, I guess. Nothing like DMC1's painting portals but they're alright.

11. They were manageable. Yes, I found the secret weapon. 

12. Ironically DMC3 is said to be harder than previous DMCs but I'm finding it easy so far. DMC1 was very unforgivable in it's bosses and secret missions. (Damn you Shadows!!!)

13. Someone out for revenge, mainly against Arkham. Neither really.

14. THE DEFINITION OF BADASS! Sorry if I got overexcited but it's true. He's intelligent, skilled, more mature than Dante, and deadly. That boss fight against him is no cakewalk if you're not prepared. (use trickster to avoid most of his attacks)

That's my opinions and thoughts on DMC3 so far and I don't think it has some bad aspects to it, if there are please let me know, I'm really skeptical.  :blink:

• Like 1