Life is Strange Discussion

Remilia Scarlet

So I finally got around to playing this after my friends hounded me for weeks, and holy fuck am I glad I did. This game is astounding. The twists and turns, amazing characters, level of immersion, the incredible music. It's super effective!

I have been playing this game nonstop and plan on replaying it multiple times to see all the possible outcomes. Honestly, I'm enjoying this way more than I enjoy any of Telltale's games. It runs better, and just feels more immersive. I'm not bashing TT's games, I really like them, but I do feel that Dontnod put more effort into making a more stable game, although I did have a severe audio glitch in Episode 3.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Now, I just finished Episode 4 and WOW! I did not see any of that coming. I suspected Rachel was dead, especially after Max and Chloe found that bunker in the barn, but it was still such a shock knowing that they had been so close to where her body was dumped earlier in the game. Which begs the question, how did they not smell her corpse?

And I'm still not buying the Jefferson reveal. I just can't bring myself to believe Jefferson would be involved in all this. He's such a sweet guy.

I can't wait for Episode 5!

Edited by AnimeDreama
  • Like 1

Use the spoilers tag on the OP. They are not necessary for any of the posts below as anyone scrolling down has to know what they are doing.

You can use spoiler tags with [ spoiler] and [ /spoiler], just remove the spaces inside.

This game looks incredible, but the waiting for the episodes to be launched would kill me. I rather wait to grab all them at once when the game is finished.

Use the spoilers tag on the OP. They are not necessary for any of the posts below as anyone scrolling down has to know what they are doing.

You can use spoiler tags with [ spoiler] and [ /spoiler], just remove the spaces inside.

This game looks incredible, but the waiting for the episodes to be launched would kill me. I rather wait to grab all them at once when the game is finished.

Ah, thanks for that. I forgot how to do spoiler tags xD and yes, this game is incredible. I really hope it gets a retail release. The download takes up quite a bit of space with all the episodes downloaded.

• Like 1

Ah, thanks for that. I forgot how to do spoiler tags xD and yes, this game is incredible. I really hope it gets a retail release. The download takes up quite a bit of space with all the episodes downloaded.

Do you need to keep the episodes downloaded to play the ones after or can you delete the previous when you are done with them? IIRC I could download each wolf among us episode separately.

Though I'm currently only playing the PS4 version, it has been a fantastic and fun game so far :P Episode 4 was my favourite so far.

Episode 4 stuff:

I don't think Chloe will stay dead for long considering we were forced by Warren to take a picture during this episode. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if she or Max have to die at the end anyways due to Max messing up with the timeline originally by saving her at all. Having to re-kill William was a cruel forced story route to go down, but the alternative was losing Chloe... which happened now anyways as it had before. Whether or not it sticks (or happens again if it is undone) remains to be seen.

AnimeDreama, you can post some of your choices in the Life is Strange topic over here (though it's in the PS4 section, but that really doesn't matter):

• Like 1

Do you need to keep the episodes downloaded to play the ones after or can you delete the previous when you are done with them? IIRC I could download each wolf among us episode separately.

From what I'm seeing, you can't delete separate episodes. They're on the game as soon as you download them. I do believe you may need the earlier episodes though as your choices from the previous episodes wouldn't be factored in when you're playing the latest.

Like saving Kate when she's about to kill herself.

Edited by Anceril Sacred

From what I'm seeing, you can't delete separate episodes. They're on the game as soon as you download them. I do believe you may need the earlier episodes though as your choices from the previous episodes wouldn't be factored in when you're playing the latest.

Oh, I meant to delete the whole thing and just download the episode you want. On Wolf Among Us you can't delete single episodes either, but I'm quite sure it was possible to only download the episode you wanted and play it, The game would request you to buy whatever you don't have downloaded or whatever.

Oh, I meant to delete the whole thing and just download the episode you want. On Wolf Among Us you can't delete single episodes either, but I'm quite sure it was possible to only download the episode you wanted and play it, The game would request you to buy whatever you don't have downloaded or whatever.

I haven't tried that really. I think you could do it that way, I could try it real quick.

• Like 1

Ok I redownloaded episode 4 just by itself to test if I could play the game with just that. No dice, you need the other episodes. After I downloaded it, it installed but the game didn't show up. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Ok I redownloaded episode 4 just by itself to test if I could play the game with just that. No dice, you need the other episodes. After I downloaded it, it installed but the game didn't show up. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the further testing, I appreciate the time you put into it. A shame you need the whole thing tho, but oh well.

• Like 1

Though I'm currently only playing the PS4 version, it has been a fantastic and fun game so far :P Episode 4 was my favourite so far.

Episode 4 stuff:

I don't think Chloe will stay dead for long considering we were forced by Warren to take a picture during this episode. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if she or Max have to die at the end anyways due to Max messing up with the timeline originally by saving her at all. Having to re-kill William was a cruel forced story route to go down, but the alternative was losing Chloe... which happened now anyways as it had before. Whether or not it sticks (or happens again if it is undone) remains to be seen.

AnimeDreama, you can post some of your choices in the Life is Strange topic over here (though it's in the PS4 section, but that really doesn't matter):

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'll definitely get in on that convo!

• 3 months later...

I have some questions about this game. Do the choices really matter, are the consequences impactful, and can you just steins gate your way out of a "wrong" answer? I played the demo with my sister, who is hooked on these types of games, and now it's on sale. I skipped past all previous post in case of spoilers, so sorry if this was already answered.

We have a bet going that the main antagonist is either the janitor or the photography teacher.

I have some questions about this game. Do the choices really matter, are the consequences impactful, and can you just steins gate your way out of a "wrong" answer? I played the demo with my sister, who is hooked on these types of games, and now it's on sale. I skipped past all previous post in case of spoilers, so sorry if this was already answered.

They're impactful, but the fact that the game's main mechanic is time travel means that you can think about what you've just done and change your big decisions, unlike Telltale's stuff which is timed and more stressful/spur of the moment.

That having been said, I found that the changes in Life is Strange were more consequential and impactful than anything in Telltale's games.

Edited by themindisacity

• 5 years later...
On 8/10/2015 at 2:25 PM, Remilia Scarlet said:

So I finally got around to playing this after my friends hounded me for weeks, and holy fuck am I glad I did. This game is astounding. The twists and turns, amazing characters, level of immersion, the incredible music. It's super effective!

I have been playing this game nonstop and plan on replaying it multiple times to see all the possible outcomes. Honestly, I'm enjoying this way more than I enjoy any of Telltale's games. It runs better, and just feels more immersive. I'm not bashing TT's games, I really like them, but I do feel that Dontnod put more effort into making a more stable game, although I did have a severe audio glitch in Episode 3.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Reveal hidden contents

Now, I just finished Episode 4 and WOW! I did not see any of that coming. I suspected Rachel was dead, especially after Max and Chloe found that bunker in the barn, but it was still such a shock knowing that they had been so close to where her body was dumped earlier in the game. Which begs the question, how did they not smell her corpse?

And I'm still not buying the Jefferson reveal. I just can't bring myself to believe Jefferson would be involved in all this. He's such a sweet guy.

I can't wait for Episode 5!

Because she is wrapped in plastic and underground.  I wouldn't have expected them to smell her, also they were at a junkyard, there are plenty of strange things to smell out there which would have hid Rachel's scent anyway.