Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Generally we don't get game mentions (apart from status updates or if they come up in a conversation on some other topic) until the forums for them are up. Although there is also the Unreleased Games section, where it indeed didn't get attention.

I'm excited for it and my PS4 is already downloading it ^^

Edited by zadorvp

It looks great but gameplay wise, well, it seems to be a walking simulator. You know things aren't going to be great when an improvement over their last game is "You can now interact with the world, such as opening doors".

I'd love to see a more action packed game in a setting like this though, so unique in a world of US cities in most games.

Looks like if it was something I got from PS+ or at a discounted price I'd be fine with it, but if I paid $12-15 for a walking simulator I'd be a little pissed. In these sort of symbolic games, there's a fine line to walk between being something dumb like Proteus and being something amazing like Flower and I'm interested to find out where this game falls out, but not at that price.

Looks like if it was something I got from PS+ or at a discounted price I'd be fine with it, but if I paid $12-15 for a walking simulator I'd be a little pissed. In these sort of symbolic games, there's a fine line to walk between being something dumb like Proteus and being something amazing like Flower and I'm interested to find out where this game falls out, but not at that price.

By all accounts, it's not dumb. It's getting rave reviews from most quarters with most focusing on the intelligent story delivery, visuals and exploration as positives.

It doesn't sound like Proteus at all. There's an actual story to discover, and it looks like a lot more thought has gone into this game. 

Plus, it looks gorgeous. If you think the artistry evident in Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is not worth $12-15, then that's cool, it's your valuation. Personally, I think it looks like good work was put into the game, which I'm happy to reward.

• Like 3

By all accounts, it's not dumb. It's getting rave reviews from most quarters with most focusing on the intelligent story delivery, visuals and exploration as positives.

It doesn't sound like Proteus at all. There's an actual story to discover, and it looks like a lot more thought has gone into this game. 

Plus, it looks gorgeous. If you think the artistry evident in Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is not worth $12-15, then that's cool, it's your valuation. Personally, I think it looks like good work was put into the game, which I'm happy to reward.

Agree with you. Game might be short like the reviews are saying,but I tend to evaluate all the effort put into a game.  Not only trophies/gameplay