Sword Art Online Fan Thread

Im2Fast_4U

I have watched a fair few anime from a variety of genres. I love Sword Art Online, it's easily my favourite. I think as a gamer, I was absorbed by the story and the concept pretty quickly. I found that SAO was capable of creating numerous moments that really make you feel for the characters and I genuinely wanted everything to work out well for them. From the moment Kirito and Asuna pledged to find each other when they woke up from SAO, I just hoped and hoped that they would get that chance. No other anime has captivated me quite like that.

I'm contemplating just how cool it would be if Project Morpheus works with Sword Art Online when it comes out, not to mention the irony :-P

• Like 3

http://www.taptaptaptaptap.net/sao-qna-kirito/=)

Light Novel contains more about their relationship :)

She was the first one and she was the reason why Kirito became himself.

And to be fair, if Sachi stayed in the cast, I'm pretty sure she would be Kirito's wife.

First thing I read: "Web novel 2005"... That's not the Light Novel my friend... I have all English translated volumes up until Fairy Dance, and imo, he didn't necessarily feel it for her...

You could be right that if she stayed that it might've been her, but there's really no way to know for sure. In the official published work, she wasn't his first...

But as I said, ship Sachi and Kirito to your heart's content, I don't care :P

their relationship looks boring af too.

Personally, I fail to see a difference between Asuna and Kirito and every other couple I see while walking through the park so I take it you don't want to see anything that is based on real life ?

Edited by Vivify-King
  • Like 2

Personally, I fail to see a difference between Asuna and Kirito and every other couple I see while walking through the park so I take it you don't want to see anything that is based on real life ?

And you think there is one single type of romantic relationship in real life? Lmao. Anyway I didn't mean to offend you, I just stated my opinion on them so let's agree to disagree.

Edited by Tamase Miki

And you think there is one single type of romantic relationship in real life? Lmao. Anyway I didn't mean to offend you, I just stated my opinion on them so let's agree to disagree.

Don't worry, you didn't offend me at all and I respect your opinion :)<3

I know there's thousands of types of romantic relations, but the question is, can you give me a type where the couple doesn't do things that look "boring" to an outsider ?

Don't worry, you didn't offend me at all and I respect your opinion :)<3

I know there's thousands of types of romantic relations, but the question is, can you give me a type where the couple doesn't do things that look "boring" to an outsider ?

If as an outsider I see a random couple, I’m usually indifferent about them. I guess maybe if I stalked them for a day or something, I’d be able to form an opinion on them, and even then I’m in no position to judge cuz what I find boring may be fun for others. But since we’re talking about an anime this is not important anyway :D.

I’m just not a fan of romance anime and these perfect love scenarios, I’d have more fun wathcing an abusive relationship or something :D. I worded my first post pretty harshly but when I say I hate Asuna  I’m not hating on people that like her and when I say I find their relatipnship boring that doesn’t mean I have a problem with couples acting like that irl because it’s normal.

Sometimes I don’t even need a reason to not like a character, maybe if Asuna was a catgirl, I’d be all over her :). I kinda derailed this topic so I’ll say something more related to the thread too, I think I’d ship Kirito with his imouto-san for no particular reson.

Peace.

Edited by Tamase Miki

If as an outsider I see a random couple, I’m usually indifferent about them. I guess maybe if I stalked them for a day or something, I’d be able to form an opinion on them, and even then I’m in no position to judge cuz what I find boring may be fun for others

But since we’re talking about an anime that’s not important anyway :D. I’m just not a fan of romance anime and these perfect love scenarios, I’d have more fun wathcing an abusive relationship or something :D. I worded my first post pretty harshly but when I say I hate Asuna  I’m not hating on people that like her and when I say I find their relatipnship boring that doesn’t mean I have a problem with couples acting like that irl because it’s normal.

Sometimes I don’t even need a reason to not like a character, maybe if Asuna was a catgirl, I’d be all over her :). I kinda derailed this topic so I’ll say something more related to the thread too, I think I’d ship Kirito with his imouto-san for no particular reson.

Peace.

:facepalm:

What does the bold even mean? Is any anime really important

:facepalm:

What does the bold even mean? Is any anime really important

I said it bcuz anime has nothing to do with real life?

Edit: Lemme rephrase it. Since we're taliking about an anime what I think about random rl couples that I see is not important...

Edit2: Okay I get it, I wasn't talking about sao not being an important anime, but the sentence above waht you quoted not being important.

Edited by Tamase Miki

First thing I read: "Web novel 2005"... That's not the Light Novel my friend... I have all English translated volumes up until Fairy Dance, and imo, he didn't necessarily feel it for her...

You could be right that if she stayed that it might've been her, but there's really no way to know for sure. In the official published work, she wasn't his first...

But as I said, ship Sachi and Kirito to your heart's content, I don't care :P

Web novel was a base for LN, though =D

And if you read all, you should remember that Kirito and Sachi had a shared storage just like Asuna had =D

(Yea, it served for THAT message mainly but that doesn't matter, what matters is that only very close ones do this :DDDD)

I just wanted Kirito-kun to be most happy :D 

maybe if Asuna was a catgirl, I’d be all over her :)

ALO Silica, anyone? =D

article_post_width_S4.JPG

I’m just not a fan of romance anime and these perfect love scenarios, I’d have more fun wathcing an abusive relationship or something :D. When I say I find their relatipnship boring that doesn’t mean I have a problem with couples acting like that irl because it’s normal.

Peace.

There we go ! My point with you disliking anime that has romantic relations that resemble real life was in fact correct :)

Which is totally fine, just don't take the shot at SAO/AsunaxKirito alone since it seems they aren't the problem :P

And that's going to be my final word about that. Peace indeed ;)

On a side note, there's always fanart to suit your need for a neko-Asuna xD

Web novel was a base for LN, though =D

And if you read all, you should remember that Kirito and Sachi had a shared storage just like Asuna had =D

(Yea, it served for THAT message mainly but that doesn't matter, what matters is that only very close ones do this :DDDD)

I just wanted Kirito-kun to be most happy :D

That is indeed correct. But the fact that they rewrote it means that they didn't want Kirito and Sachi to be lovers, right ?

I just think, she knew that she wasn't going to live long so the shared storage was to deliver the message on the prism.

But as I said a dozen times, whatever you think is fine too.

And if you ask me, Kirito looks pretty happy with Asuna anyway ;)

Regarding Silica, she definitely wins in the cute department. But this isn't NGNL so cute doesn't make right :P

That is indeed correct. But the fact that they rewrote it means that they didn't want Kirito and Sachi to be lovers, right ?

I don't think web novel had something official between them as well... (Gee, Reki no baka xDDD)

I just think, she knew that she wasn't going to live long so the shared storage was to deliver the message on the prism.

Yea, that's definitely plot-related explanation.

Well, she knew about Kirito's OPness so most likely yea.

But as I said a dozen times, whatever you think is fine too.

Hey, it's just discussion =D

And if you ask me, Kirito looks pretty happy with Asuna anyway ;)

He's just pretending for Yui-chan :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

I don't think web novel had something official between them as well... (Gee, Reki no baka xDDD)

I (obviously) haven't read the web novel, but I remember reading somewhere that it did. Not sure though.

Hey, it's just discussion =D

Glad you think about it that way, 'cause I get the feeling people don't like me very much when it comes to this kind of discussions :S

Clearly: friendship > discussion so I just try to stop it in time. (Having learned from the Nisekoi fiasco previously :S)

He's just pretending for Yui-chan :awesome:  :awesome:  :awesome:  :awesome:  :awesome:

That's exactly why the first thing he did after getting out of the game (aka where Yui isn't present), was trying to get to Asuna ;) I know, right xD

What about Kirito and Klein.

I have nothing against Yaoi, but that stuff ain't for me bro...

What about Kirito and Klein.

NO

If there is a character I dislike more than Asuna (sorry, pal, I had to use something to compare to o.O) and Leafa, it's Klein.

Heck, even Agil is more likable =D

That's exactly why the first thing he did after getting out of the game (aka where Yui isn't present), was trying to get to Asuna ;) I know, right xD

He knew that would lead to Excalibur :awesome: Kirito knows :awesome: I would do that same :DDDDDD

But I have Rangarok, Exeterna and Remains Heart, I'm not sure I would handle another OP sword xDDD

Now, to answer your question (I believe this thread would be the best to post it) as to why I like SAO (or rather some parts)

Now, I'm probs going to get a lot of hate for it, but my cup of care is empty right now...

Simple answer: because I'm a sucker for romance focussed anime and SAO is one of the few animes where: the MC isn't dense as f**k, the MC isn't a pervert, the MC actually chooses a girl and dares to stand up for her, they actually get into a serious relation and they actually keep it going !

I know the romance isn't for everyone and it may feel rushed for some people, but having these elements all in one anime is rather rare...

He chooses a girl? True, but he did get a little close to like...most if not all the other girls at some point :P especially Sinon-senpai

NO

If there is a character I dislike more than Asuna (sorry, pal, I had to use something to compare to o.O) and Leafa, it's Klein.

Heck, even Agil is more likable =D

I forgive you for stating that Klein is the most dislike-able character alone :P

He knew that would lead to Excalibur :awesome: Kirito knows :awesome: I would do that same :DDDDDD

But I have Rangarok, Exeterna and Remains Heart, I'm not sure I would handle another OP sword xDDD

Jesus-kun doesn't even need Excalibur xD

He chooses a girl? True, but he did get a little close to like...most if not all the other girls at some point :P especially Sinon-senpai

If every single one forces her onto him, it would be ridiculous that he did not get close to them. The point is that he remains loyal to Asuna. He had NUMEROUS occasions to go for another girl, yet he never did. Even more so he even declined Sinon when she tried to make a move on him during the duel in GGO.

Oh yea, that scene xDDD

Sinon: Yoroshiku

Kirito: So... well, these are my friends, there is my girlfriend as well but I want to get into your hotpants so I'll not say that  :awesome:

We two have had this discussion before :P

Edited by Vivify-King

Lol I just wanted to know your reactions xD I actually like Yaoi, but I'm a loli guy above all :D But regardless I like all the girls, but I think Asuna is good with Kirito. Everyone has their favorite couples though ;)

But I'm surprised you didn't like Klein that much, I found him funny and I actually kinda hoped he'd get with a girl.

Lol I just wanted to know your reactions xD I actually like Yaoi, but I'm a loli guy above all :D But regardless I like all the girls, but I think Asuna is good with Kirito. Everyone has their favorite couples though ;)

But I'm surprised you didn't like Klein that much, I found him funny and I actually kinda hoped he'd get with a girl.

I would ship him with Leafa, but he's too old to ship with anyone basically. And I dislike him too much to give him that xD

Edited by Vivify-King

I've only watched season 1 and the Aincrad arc was awesome. Though it did end very abrupt and that was unexpected. I did find it hard to follow the events at the start of some episodes. Most notably are the start of ep 3 where there's suddenly a party for Kirito and ep 5 (?) where Asuna and Kirito have an argument. The soundtrack is amazing and I thought the romance between Asuna and Kirito was well done. ALO was good too, but it didn't have the same feeling as the first arc. Didn't care about the whole cousin love drama though and the ALO antagonist is the best one so far. Really hated him and I hoped Kirito would slice and dice him a lot more at the end.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

I know, right ? They deliver the image of what a couple is supposed to be like where a lot of other anime fail horribly in that aspect.

But, given your avatar and sig, I knew you'd back me up :) High five buddy  :highfive:

I still don't know how you keep clinging on to Sachi as best ship with Kirito... She had like 2 episodes ? On top of that, in the anime, you aren't even sure if they even had feelings for eachother in that way...

With all due respect of course, you ship whoever you like, I just don't get why you dislike Asuna so much.

Hey, great minds think alike, right? Right back at you  :highfive:

I personally cannot stand when I hear people shipping Kirito and Sachi. Like no. They can say that, and I respect their opinion, but shipping them is like shipping Naruto with Hinata. (any Naruto fans???) The shy weak girl with the strong, brave one, where the shy girl is too shy to say anything and the strong, brave one isn't made aware of the shy one's feelings. 

I have watched a fair few anime from a variety of genres. I love Sword Art Online, it's easily my favourite. I think as a gamer, I was absorbed by the story and the concept pretty quickly. I found that SAO was capable of creating numerous moments that really make you feel for the characters and I genuinely wanted everything to work out well for them. From the moment Kirito and Asuna pledged to find each other when they woke up from SAO, I just hoped and hoped that they would get that chance. No other anime has captivated me quite like that.

I'm contemplating just how cool it would be if Project Morpheus works with Sword Art Online when it comes out, not to mention the irony :-P

Again, couldn't have said it better than myself. I don't know about anyone else, but I truly find myself smiling along with their happiness, no matter how many times I've rewatched it.

How ironic that would be indeed... even moreso if some crazy lunatic made it a true deathmatch where if you die in game, you're done IRL. But hey, we're still 10 years away from 2025 so...

If every single one forces her onto him, it would be ridiculous that he did not get close to them. The point is that he remains loyal to Asuna. He had NUMEROUS occasions to go for another girl, yet he never did. Even more so he even declined Sinon when she tried to make a move on him during the duel in GGO.

So true...

Sachi: *Runs away, hides under bridge* "I'm weak. I don't know how long I'll survive" *tears* *continuous outreaching for support*

Silica: (yes she is cute... but also looks like she is 12) "Oh no!!!" My pet died, and there's these meanies that abandoned me! I'm weak!" Kirito- "Well, there's this one item that'll bring it back to life if you get it before 24 hours pass... *internal hope blossoms for Silica* "TAKE ME THERE!!! PLEASE!!!" *somehow reminds Kirito of his SISTER!*

Lisbeth: *confident, cocky* "I can make you a sword. I need this really rare metal." Kirito- I'll go get it and bring it back *enraged Lisbeth...* "Oh no, mister. You're taking me with you" *worries more about skirt than big monstrous dragon or big hole* *about to proclaim love for Kirito after knowing him for like 3 HOURS in the middle of a freefall, but doesn't* 

Kirito just brings all the girls to the yard. But boy did he pick well in Asuna. 

Haha yeah xD But it's Sinon so...can you blame him? :P

Yea, Sinon's Ass Online was the correct name for S2 =D

Jesus-kun doesn't even need Excalibur xD

Excalibur has the best parameters in the game, would love it in HF to compare it to my other 3 ultimate swords =D

Or at least in Lost Song =D

We two have had this discussion before  :P

I thought so! :D

I actually like Yaoi, but I'm a loli guy above all 

WHAT?! These two things go together as well as Kirito and Asuna ( :awesome:) Sugou o.O

Silica: (yes she is cute... but also looks like she is 12

Well... Keiko IS 12 in SAO :awesome:

I personally cannot stand when I hear people shipping Kirito and Sachi. Like no. They can say that, and I respect their opinion, but shipping them is like shipping Naruto with Hinata. (any Naruto fans???) The shy weak girl with the strong, brave one, where the shy girl is too shy to say anything and the strong, brave one isn't made aware of the shy one's feelings. 

Um... how? How is non-canon shipping same as the canon one? =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1