Trophy thoughts?

Wow! A Plat in a game that the developers estimate will take 4-6 hours?

Overall, they seem pretty easy. Some of the collectible ones might take some effort, perhaps. For example, avoiding concluding other story-lines until you reach the bunker, listening to all broadcasts before doing anything else, etc. Although, this may depend on how the story is structured. It may be easy to avoid stuff from triggering, who knows?

Looking forward to this one for a while. And even more so now that I see a plat. 

Edited by StrickenBiged

I've read one (positive) review, the only real criticism was that you can't run around the village, only walk. Personally I don't mind a slow pace for a game like this, but if you have to backtrack any distance to get collectibles or whatever it could get frustrating.

Still really keen to play the game though, even though I don't even have a PS4 (yet)!

I knew there was a platinum already, but it was still a nice surprise. Played this a bit last night already and getting back to it now. The trophies will take quite a while to get at the moment (and definitely I'd say more than 4-6 hours without guides) - the town is big, the walking pace is slow and the radios, maps, books, etc are scattered everywhere, and the only way to save the game is to trigger one of the story things (specifically one that does the big swooshing sounds, not one of the ones you walk past and trigger that way) - I also fell through the map at one specific part next to a bush. I'm also not sure how exactly to trigger some of the trophies (do I need to just look at the things or press X) - for example, I looked at all six train numbers and got nothing (I later read on playstationtrophies that this is indeed the place to get the trophy), so I guess I was supposed to press X on them or get really up and close to them?

I'm liking it so far though and can't wait to play more.

Another game with not enough content to warrant a plat being given one anyway to shut up whiny trophy hunters who are always asking why a game doesn't have a plat. I'm not even sure the game has enough to it to warrant a trophy list discussion thread, much less a platinum trophy.

Another game with not enough content to warrant a plat being given one anyway to shut up whiny trophy hunters who are always asking why a game doesn't have a plat. I'm not even sure the game has enough to it to warrant a trophy list discussion thread, much less a platinum trophy.

Eh, this deserves a trophy list discussion more than some other recent games :P Some trophy requirements here are not clear or require very specific things (phone booths, microwaves, standing around in certain points for a certain time) and the story triggers are everywhere around the map (as are all the collectibles).

Eh, this deserves a trophy list discussion more than some other recent games :P

And yet I got to continue posting those threads in order to stamp out other people posting ones with those retarded "trophy thoughts?" and "thoughts on trophies?" titles for the weirdest games, apparently.

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THIS THREAD WAS CREATED? THERE WAS NO ONE TO SAVE THE DAY THIS TIME, WE HAVE BEEN DOOMED TO LOOK AT THIS UGLY ASS NAME FOR THE NEXT FEW HOURS NOW!

And you should give a look into the grisalda (or grisalia) games. Their trophy lists are the most fun ones.

• Like 1

Do you know how Sony decides this? If so, I'd be interested. I've read that they have "small scope" or "large scope" games, the latter of which get a plat. What determines the correct "scope" is anyone's guess as far as I can tell. 

I doubt they do it to "shut up whiny trophy hunters". More likely, they know trophy hunters exist and are trying to promote their exclusive title by allowing it to have a plat. 

"I got to"...? You, sir, have some strange compulsions. :P

If you don't want to take part in a discussion, don't join it. But don't go ruining the party for the rest of us because you (apparently) have some personal hang ups with these threads.

Sony claims they have criteria, but I believe money has at least something to do with it (especially since there was one dev who said their producers assured them they're getting a platinum) :P

I've read one (positive) review, the only real criticism was that you can't run around the village, only walk. Personally I don't mind a slow pace for a game like this, but if you have to backtrack any distance to get collectibles or whatever it could get frustrating.

Still really keen to play the game though, even though I don't even have a PS4 (yet)!

Apparently, you can run. The dev's just forgot to tell anyone.

• Like 2

Bull shit. Sony has never shown an interest in catering to the so-called trophy hunter crowd. If that were the case, then every game would have a plat, like every X1 game now has 1000 gamer score.

Bottom line is no one really knows how Sony decides on the trophy list. I've heard it is up to the devs, but some have complained that they were now 'allowed' a plat (the MGS issue being the last I recall).

There are clear exceptions on each front - games approaching 100 hours that don't have a plat, and less than 10 with a plat. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason in the 5-15 hour range as to whether or not it will be a platinum list.

As for this game, I think it MUCH more likely that the game got a plat due to the launch price, and SCE Santa Monica being the publisher. If they are planning to charge $20 for a digital game, then sales are gonna take a huge hit without the plat. I know I wouldn't pay that price, and a lot of people are of similar mindset.

If the game doesn't have the content to warrant a plat, then the price has to reflect that.

This is much more likely to be an attempt to suggest the game has more content than it really does, than to cater to whiny trophy hunters.

As for this game, I think it MUCH more likely that the game got a plat due to the launch price, and SCE Santa Monica being the publisher. If they are planning to charge $20 for a digital game, then sales are gonna take a huge hit without the plat. I know I wouldn't pay that price, and a lot of people are of similar mindset.

If you're going to use the publisher and the price as your excuse for a plat or not, then you're forgetting about Ground Zeroes being crapped out by Konami for $39.99 without one. I still stand by my original statement about the plat, which was, by the way, tertiary to A. Humor and 2. My annoyance at the continued use of the silly thread title.

Edited by damon8r351

If you're going to use the publisher and the price as your excuse for a plat or not, then you're forgetting about Ground Zeroes being crapped out by Konami for $39.99 without one. I still stand by my original statement about the plat, which was, by the way, tertiary to A. Humor and 2. My annoyance at the continued use of the silly thread title.

A. Sorry I didn't get it. Didn't mean to come across as hostile as I may have across. ;)

2. It's a shorthand that everyone who uses this site understands easily. 

I didn't forget about Ground Zero, but referenced it as MGS in my post (I guess it is MGZ?).

Anyway, I seem to remember them complaining that they wanted a plat and couldn't get one. And when it came at that price, a lot of people balked at paying it for a 'glorified demo'.

Again, the perception is that price needs to line up with content. If you are charging a high price (and $20 for a digital only launch is high), then the content needs to support it. Having a plat suggests that it has the content (not saying I agree, but saying that might be a factor).

Having it be one of Sony's own games also helps.

Further, isn't this part of the summer Play promo - automatically the price is jacked so they can offer a pre-order discount.

I'm not defending Sony on this, I'm merely pointing out that there are far more nefarious explanations than bowing to trophy hunters.

While I don't agree that the price of a game affects trophies at all, I do agree that having a platinum will increase sales dramatically. I don't know if some devs are really stupid or Sony just doesn't allow certain games to have a platinum. We just found out that the Mega Man Legacy Collection doesn't have a platinum at all, so it's going to sell a lot less.

For Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, the trophies seem pretty easy but I heard somewhere it takes 4 playthroughs to get all the story stuff done and people still haven't found everything yet. But the devs said you can basically run through the game if you skip everything so once paths are found then it should be pretty fast.

While I don't agree that the price of a game affects trophies at all, I do agree that having a platinum will increase sales dramatically. I don't know if some devs are really stupid or Sony just doesn't allow certain games to have a platinum. We just found out that the Mega Man Legacy Collection doesn't have a platinum at all, so it's going to sell a lot less.

For Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, the trophies seem pretty easy but I heard somewhere it takes 4 playthroughs to get all the story stuff done and people still haven't found everything yet. But the devs said you can basically run through the game if you skip everything so once paths are found then it should be pretty fast.

RIght now I don't really see how it would take four playthroughs unless some things are locked until it's been completed once. There's the "Completionist" run and a "only Stephen arc" run that I'd see as being mutually exclusive, since I'd imagine all the radios can just be done in either run if you ignore the story bits until you've touched all radios.

RIght now I don't really see how it would take four playthroughs unless some things are locked until it's been completed once. There's the "Completionist" run and a "only Stephen arc" run that I'd see as being mutually exclusive, since I'd imagine all the radios can just be done in either run if you ignore the story bits until you've touched all radios.

It would have to come from Completionist and the only Stephen run. If what I heard is right then that probably means there's 4 different story arcs and you can only do one per playthrough. Who knows if that's true though.

It would have to come from Completionist and the only Stephen run. If what I heard is right then that probably means there's 4 different story arcs and you can only do one per playthrough. Who knows if that's true though.

You can complete multiple story arcs in one playthrough (I've done two fully now after finding all collectibles/misc trophy locations) though there could be "major arcs" that lead to their own endings or something (I can think of two possible ones, not sure who the remaining two could be for).

You can complete multiple story arcs in one playthrough (I've done two fully now after finding all collectibles/misc trophy locations) though there could be "major arcs" that lead to their own endings or something (I can think of two possible ones, not sure who the remaining two could be for).

Ah ok. I'm not that far in the game yet.

Ah ok. I'm not that far in the game yet.

Okay, well now I *think* I only have one more story arc to find (apart from Stephen who I have already unlocked but haven't gone there yet) and not sure where that particular ball of light's ending right now is xD