Worst Game You Ever Pushed Through and Plat'ed Anyway

Bullstomp

I don't have too many, but man that ratchet and clank was a bad time. If you do it right it can be less painful but i messed up 2 playthroughs. I loved that game but after the 3rd run i saw the plat ping on my screen and i immediately deleted the game.

Oh, I don't have it. I bought it at Gamestop, and sent it back immediately after platting it.

That being said, I don't think you need anyone for the online. You just need a score to update (and, in keeping up with the shittiness, it doesn't update quickly, so you might have to wait a day to see your score online).

Oh shit, that is pretty shitty xD

Probably Ether One, it's not difficult it's just ... not good. It seemed like a reasonably interesting concept starting out, and it being a PS+ plus "freebie" didn't hurt either. But, the slow pace and the glitchy, nonsensical puzzles took away from any kind of story or engagement. I slogged through it because I kept thinking it would be faster than what it actually was, and then by the end I just wanted to be done.

I got it for free too back when it was on Plus. I'm just glad I didn't pay for it. :P

But hey, just because I didn't like it doesn't mean you won't either. It's not really a bad game, it just wasn't for me.

This is true. Most of my backlog is lengthy games. Hoping to knock some down. But remember me is short so it's my hands on pick of what I'd prefer to play.

Such a shame. Some good games and some bad ones but no time for them. :(

I'll never beat okami :'(

I think Venetica would probably be mine. My little brother 'dared' me to try it and i immediately regretted putting it on my account. It's a visually poor Fable type game that takes various elements of action and RPG and tries to clumsily massage them together in what really just becomes a trial in patience and stubbornness.

Probably Ether One, it's not difficult it's just ... not good. It seemed like a reasonably interesting concept starting out, and it being a PS+ plus "freebie" didn't hurt either. But, the slow pace and the glitchy, nonsensical puzzles took away from any kind of story or engagement. I slogged through it because I kept thinking it would be faster than what it actually was, and then by the end I just wanted to be done.

Boom. This. The game would have been okay if it wasn't so broken when I played it.

Escape Dead Island is a broken mess of a game. I thought it would be a mediocre experience with an easy plat.  Nope, it's actually pretty difficult due to SOOOOOOO many cheap deaths.  Don't ever play this game.  Fuck this game.  It has cheap deaths, it has Ps2 graphics, it has broken "stealth" mechanics, it has unfunny bad voice acting, and it has so much more wrong with it.  Like....imagine RE voice acting bad, but more cringey to the point you want to saw off your ears with a spoon. 

Oh, and you have to endure it twice.  Just about everything is broken in this game.  "Broken" is the word best used to describe this game. 

Edited by mattishere2010

It's a tie between Saints Row 3 and The Walking Dead...

I really didn't enjoy the endgame grind in SR3 and TWD I picked up pretty fast that these interactive drama graphic adventures are not enjoyable to me.

I would put Resident Evil 5 here, but I had a blast the first time I 100% it on Xbox, was tolerable getting the plat on PS3 and ended up wanting to quit trophy hunting all together when I tackled it on PS4...No more Resi 5 for me, pls haha :lol:  

Don't have anyone right now, but watching my game list i would say "Knights Contract" in the future for these reasons: 1.- Damnable glitches. 2.- Akward and slow mobility. 3.- Heinrich takes AGES on regenerating. 4.- Too many playthroughs to achieve the platinum (and a lot of chapter replaying hoping for "S" ranks to get the best weapons and accesories). 5.- Unforgivable bosses with difficult patterns to discern if it is the first time you are trying the game. 6.- Quick and precise QTE's: If you screw a button pulsation or the movement/rotating of the left stick, you are screwed and forced to fight again (and God knows i have experience on these quick time events thanks to God of War, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Bayonetta).

Edited by Vampirehunter145

I think I'd have to say Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate is the worst game I've ever gotten a platinum for. All the other games I've gotten a platinum for, I've enjoyed for the most part (some have had their frustrating moments, naturally). I won't usually bother with trying to get a platinum for a game I'm not enjoying at all, but I did have some fun with Blackgate at least.

I got the other Arkham games on Xbox, and decided to get Blackgate just 'cause I wanted more games for my Vita, and it was on sale at the time. Definitely not a great game, but I wasn't expecting it to be. I managed to make back at least half of what I brought it for after I sold it to Cex after platinuming it anyhow.

Norn9, I just didn't like it at all. I mostly blame Aksys because of the terrible job at the translation, plus, the game just seemed to drag on forever. Every time I thought a route was going to end, it kept going, and going, and going, for way, way too long. Now, I love VNs, I've played plenty, I've played Otome ones before too, specifically the Amnesia games, and I'm happy they got localized but this one was the absolute worst... And just because I had it, I got the plat for the JP version as well, but I'm sure that was tons better than the localized version, so I can't include that.

• 2 months later...

I just finished "Republique", an indie game by Gung Ho and Camoflaj. Frankly I thought I was playing an easy platinum after knocking out some URs (Binary Domain & Batman Origins). HELL NO!! This game was a boring pretentious exercise in getting collectibles. And no, the game isn't fair about the collectibles either, some you can't see and have to walk in a very specific area and then look for a "pick up" prompt.

Avoid at all costs, even if you like collectibles!