Worst Game You Ever Pushed Through and Plat'ed Anyway

Bullstomp

Any game that makes you repeat most/all levels multiple times over, not like Dark Souls where it's NG+ and such, but games like Beyond Two Souls where you have to complete the game eight times in order to get all 24 endings. If they intended to make this so, they should've at least added some more excitement or made it less strenuous to get the platinum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, audiopile said:

Sly Cooper: Theives in Time (first and last sly game)

Lego Marvel Super Heros (first and last Lego game)

I don't mind running around for collectibles either. it was just the game play and lack of story that make these painful to finish.  

Lack of Story? Sly is quite story driven, although Thieves in Time's plot was weaker than the trilogy.

Also, Marvel is one of the most tedious LEGO games imo. If you ever get the chance to try another for free, I'd recommend giving them another shot.

1 minute ago, madbuk said:

Lack of Story? Sly is quite story driven, although Thieves in Time's plot was weaker than the trilogy.

Also, Marvel is one of the most tedious LEGO games imo. If you ever get the chance to try another for free, I'd recommend giving them another shot.

I misspoke.  Sly's story I couldn't follow because of the annoying voice acting.  So I skipped what I could.  

Good to know about the Lego game, because there were some parts I didn't mind, it was nice and chill, but I didn't like the controls, glitches and grind.

The absolute worst game I have ever played hands down is Orc Slayer on the PS4. I thought the game was going to be good because people said it was a very bad game. Man do I wish I listened to them. It took me 2 months to platinum the game and I am not even going for the other region plat. Don't spend 4 bucks on this trash. You want an easy platinum trophy then play MY Name Is Mayo you can get 2 plats for $1.00 if you own a PS4 and Vita.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, audiopile said:

Sly Cooper: Theives in Time (first and last sly game)

Lego Marvel Super Heros (first and last Lego game)

I don't mind running around for collectibles either. it was just the game play and lack of story that make these painful to finish.  

Let me tell you, Thieves in Time is an absolute disgrace to the series and I hated it. Having to steal the lollipop of a villainous sheriff or something, are you kidding me.

But - I don't know if the series is ruined for good for you, but Sly 1, 2 and 3 are really great games if you like platformers in general. (Granted, the voice acting is still pathetic, and his two sidekicks are both annoying af.)

Rogue Warrior

I know I've played quite a few bad games, but the one I have the most memories of is one called Rogue Warrior. I'm sure many of you have heard of it, the online was a nightmare to boost (everyone playing HAD to be in the same region or they would get booted) and disconnected a fair amount for no reason.

The campaign was fun and terrible at the same time- the main character was a foul-mouthed, over-talkative guy and some of the things in the campaign were crazy and ridiculous- but somehow I found myself having a kinda good time while playing the campaign, at least until I had to repeat it twice because of non-stackable difficulty trophies.

D31DBAC3-9A40-47CA-8A4A-CCEBD9F6AB37-3030-000004FBD77A4C2E_tmp.png

Edited by Hoagie324
Added pic + link

2 hours ago, reckscollie said:

Amnesia: Memories - At first I was excited that the graphics was great but then when I noticed that it's just load of reads I was quickly bored. The story is okay but it should've get some more mini games like killing Ikki's fans or punching Ukyo to death. :D 

Haha, well I would stay away from the Visual Novel genera of games since this is a pretty beautiful example of them.

Personally, I loved this game (on PC)

• Like 1

I wouldn't consider any of my games to be bad. Heavy Rain was probably the worst/most boring due to having to replay multiple times, something I hate doing. I made it a bit easier by leaving the worst ending playthrough for last, it was kinda satisfying being an ass and watching everyone's world fall apart. 

• Like 1

Tomb Raider Anniversary, Worst Tomb Raider i ever plaied, who thought tons and tons of puzzles with barely any Adventure parts and fights was fun i don't know, he probably got Fired after that game becaus eUnderworld is great again as Legend was!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt. 1. I can't believe I actually played through it 3 times. I guess I felt it would be embarrassing not to finish such an easy plat. Never again will I suffer such embarrassment.

Dishonorable mentions:

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (again with the 3 playthroughs!)

Deadly Premonition (just...wow)

Two Worlds II (that multiplayer just sucked massively)

Probably more that deserve mention, but I don't like re-visiting bad memories.

On 7-1-2017 at 0:22 AM, reckscollie said:

Amnesia: Memories - At first I was excited that the graphics was great but then when I noticed that it's just load of reads I was quickly bored. The story is okay but it should've get some more mini games like killing Ikki's fans or punching Ukyo to death. :D 

I had the same, story is great but i don't like that you only had to read