Worst Game You Ever Pushed Through and Plat'ed Anyway

Bullstomp

Probably Tales of Zesteria. Not a truly bad game, just incredibly mediocre. I was afflicted with the freaking RPG completion curse, where you end up investing so much time just finishing the game that you feel compelled to invest even more time jumping through hoops and literally running in circles, simply to get a plat that ultimately gives you little satisfaction. You know what I'm talking about lol.

In general, though, I tend to plat games that Ive really enjoyed, thank jeebus. 

ZOMBI

This game should have stayed on Wii U, because at least there is a decent game that could have improved some things, but it was still a solid game. But I can't say the same thing about your port to ps4. It looks even worse than the wii u version and takes away several vital functions of the game like screen with inventory on the gamepad, or minor things like the local multiplayer. Also it is too boring and the controls are horrible. The game is full of glitches and when you go for the platinum you have to play the game 3 times on each difficulty because they are not stackable. And the higher difficulty is so unfair, since if they kill you you have to start all over again (Lucky that there is the option to save it in a USB because if this wouldn't exist, finishing this game in this difficulty would be impossible) and you always die for a zombie that is hidden and encloses you or an explosive that comes out of nowhere and runs to kill you, plus that Its explosion has a great range and can kill you only if you do not know where it is beforehand. I can only say one thing, thank you that I do not have to play this game again.

• Like 2

Goat Simulator - That flappy goat trophy is the single most ridiculous trophy I have ever seen in a game. What makes it so difficult is that the hitboxes are ridiculously large. Luckily there is a method to slightly lag the game so it is easier to time your jumps. 

Beyond: Two Souls - I decided to go with a blind playthrough my first time around and actually enjoyed the game, but I definitely should have had a guide from the start. Doing a blind playthrough resulted in me needing to do two more complete playthroughs instead of one. The miscellaneous trophies were also a bother since there are no skippable cutscenes. 

Super Smash PlayStation. Holy hell was that game painful to do. I even apologized to the friend I suckered into playing it for the trophy for playing with a friend for making her suffer through one match. If I wasn't able to do the story modes without paying any attention or wasn't able to cheese the online trophies with Kratos, there was no way in hell I'd finish it.

I have an Xbox profile as well, and Assassin's Creed was just plain awful. The original one, that is. It wasn't overly difficult, just tedious. Collect four-hundred and something flags? No thanks. Not to mention the enemies were absolutely relentless. I couldn't concentrate or explore for a minute without being interrupted. The main story was also really repetitive, which didn't improve matters. Considering how bad of a game it is, I'm amazed it got relatively decent review scores. Strangely though, AC II is one of my favourite ever games and wasn't tedious at all.

I have to say orc slayer for PS4, I have several close contenders though. Terminator salvation being the closest. Orc slayer was just trash, anyone who had anything at all to do with that game coming into existence should be ashamed of themselves. I could literally create a better game by myself, and that's truly saying something.

I don't really have a "Worst game I ever platted" because for the most games I have the plat for fall under one the following:

• I generally quite enjoyed the game enough to get most of the trophies, and what I had left to do wasn't too much to detract from the experience
  • All the trophies unlocked quite easily
  • The plat was really short and offput the game being boring/terrible/glitchy/nonsensical/unworthy-of-my-time/why-am-i-playing-this-even-the-trophies-aren't-worth-the-agony

If I really had to choose, I'd say NCIS cuz that one was truly for the trophies. The game was just awful, and even for being a 4 hour platinum it was brutal. But if I had to choose a game I was legit playing, not just for the trophies, I'd go with Aliens: Colonial Marines, mostly for the multiplayer grinding. 

The solo xp boost method on tomb raider was the worst push. It was so good until I dropped into the multiplayer, suddenly all the fun dissappeared. Worst game was thief but I spent alot of my time playing that whilst in a ps4 party chat with friends so it didn't feel like a grind. I only got thief because it was on sale and had some easy ultra rare trophies

Orc Slayer - A lot of people already know this one so I'll just keep it brief. It sets a bad example for new indie games available on the Playstation 4.

Awful graphics, awful controls, so so music and terrible gameplay make this one a $1 bargain bin title. Only saving graces were the cheap price and easy platinum. They should make this free.

Everybodys Gone to the Rapture - Enjoyed the game overall but the walking speed was awful. Very annoying having to find all the back roads and find the orange radios before doing anything else. Screwed up twice during my run so had to do five or six playthroughs of the game. If I ever make a secondary account I wouldn't be playing this again.

Aabs Animals - It's not a game, it's watching a cute animal for five minutes while you get three gold trophies. Probably the biggest indicator you're a trophy whore if you get this title, which I shamefully played TWICE on two platforms.

On 1/6/2017 at 4:20 PM, fastflowdaman said:

Let me tell you, Thieves in Time is an absolute disgrace to the series and I hated it. Having to steal the lollipop of a villainous sheriff or something, are you kidding me.

But - I don't know if the series is ruined for good for you, but Sly 1, 2 and 3 are really great games if you like platformers in general. (Granted, the voice acting is still pathetic, and his two sidekicks are both annoying af.)

The first game will always be my favorite. Pure platforming and the ONLY character you play really is Sly. You control Bentley near the very end of the game but I won't spoil the story for anyone who hasn't played the trilogy yet.

That being said my least favorite is Sly 3. Granted they decided to put music into the briefing sections (which were silent in Sly 2 and cannot be skipped) but that didn't save it from being just... meh. They made Murray (THE MURRAY) sound more stupid and gave him a higher pitched voice. The Aboriginal was a character of 'WTH?" and let's just say they completely messed up Dimitri. He only has TWO sections where you play as him (probably a good thing really) and the section where you fight M underwater was a big pain in the ass. Going through those obstacles took so many tries I thought I was doing something wrong when it's more luck based than it is about platforming skill.

Panda King was the only new sidekick I liked, the rest of them either had no purpose or were there just to add a little comedy (Dimitri). I did enjoy most of the challenges, although some were a little tough (getting to the end of the Cooper vault with no checkpoints). But all in all, I didn't enjoy Sly 3 as much as the other two.

I'm one of the few who enjoys the Bentley minigames, which are a throwback to old 80s arcade titles.

Thieves in Time is a part of my backlog so I'm not too pleased to hear it may not be good. I saw some footage and it looks like they changed Carmelitas voice AGAIN. Why?!? She sounded so badass in Sly 2, they messed up her voice in Sly 3 and Thieves in Time isn't much better.

17 hours ago, Heartlesswaheart said:

Super Smash PlayStation. Holy hell was that game painful to do. I even apologized to the friend I suckered into playing it for the trophy for playing with a friend for making her suffer through one match. If I wasn't able to do the story modes without paying any attention or wasn't able to cheese the online trophies with Kratos, there was no way in hell I'd finish it.

I was trying to think of my most painful plat, and this post gave me 'nam-style flashbacks.