Worst Game You Ever Pushed Through and Plat'ed Anyway

Bullstomp

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, Jayharth said:

So far the worst game I pushed through for plat for was Guacamelee. TBH, I regret finishing up even the first playthrough.

Come to think of it I did think at lot of occasions in the game that I should not have started it but surprisingly it felt extremely satisfying to get through the tough parts. Eventually ended up buy the DLC and getting a 100%.

Megamind: A friend told me that was a easy and fast platinum (achievable in about 2 hours) and he gave it to me as a gift... I get the plat three years later and only because I was going to trade it for something else. Maybe he was trolling me.

One Piece Pirate Warriors: This is a game I really liked but the coin and kill grinding almost drive me mad.

• 4 weeks later...

I  am all but finished with Let's Fish.  I am waiting for the 22nd for the Vita community event.  Anyway, the game easily is the worst Vita game I have played.  It is a treacherous grind.  I found it pretty frustrating, but mostly just boring. Just when you get in a rhythm your lure stops working and you have spend forever trying to get a working one and meet the requirements before time runs out....  Dont get this one!!!!!

On 1/10/2017 at 2:32 PM, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Lego Batman 3

yeah, that was pretty bad too. I've sworn of lego games because of it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dmsleight said:

I  am all but finished with Let's Fish.  I am waiting for the 22nd for the Vita community event.  Anyway, the game easily is the worst Vita game I have played.  It is a treacherous grind.  I found it pretty frustrating, but mostly just boring. Just when you get in a rhythm your lure stops working and you have spend forever trying to get a working one and meet the requirements before time runs out....  Dont get this one!!!!!

yeah, that was pretty bad too. I've sworn of lego games because of it.

Lego Avengers is fantastic, though DLC can glitch. Lego Dimensions can be great if you're loaded with money. Unfortunately I am not.

Has to be medal of honor for me. Storyline lacked any charectars that i cared about, Never really had the atmosphere of a war game, multi player was frustrating due to the small maps, crappy classes and dare i mention the trophy Fire Controller?

shakie19.png

On 1/18/2017 at 3:57 AM, DarkSoleride said:

Orc Slayer, makes Terminator Salvation look like Game of the Year 

Jesus. If Terminator Salvation (wish me luck to get the game borrowed for my cousins and finish it while having a giant jar of aspirins at my side and not cursing because of the continuous freezings) is awfully bad, i don't want to see that "Orc Slayer" monstrosity. Never mind, i watched a glimpse of a platinum walktrough  and by God, Call of Duty on the PC looks better than this piece of garbage.

1 hour ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

Jesus. If Terminator Salvation (wish me luck to get the game borrowed for my cousins and finish it while having a giant jar of aspirins at my side and not cursing because of the continuous freezings) is awfully bad, i don't want to see that "Orc Slayer" monstrosity. Never mind, i watched a glimpse of a platinum walktrough  and by God, Call of Duty on the PC looks better than this piece of garbage.

Yeah i know man i bought Orc Slayer without checking out any game trailers just straight off a recommendation and man i wish i never did it... the only platinum asides My Name Is Mayo i am ashamed to have on my profile.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DarkSoleride said:

Yeah i know man i bought Orc Slayer without checking out any game trailers just straight off a recommendation and man i wish i never did it... the only platinum asides My Name Is Mayo i am ashamed to have on my profile.

The game is short, so that actually makes it a little better than some titles out there.

The ones that are awfully bad like Orc Slayer, but require 20 - 50+ hours of continuous grinding, a tacked on multiplayer that is dead, pointless trophies for no reason than to add the total points to 1230, checkpoints that are so spread apart you spend 20 - 40 minutes getting back to that place, glitched trophies, and painful music. Those are the true painful ones.

Thankfully I don't know any of them because I usually do research on the games I'm going to buy and eventually add onto my profile before I even play them, let alone attempt to get a platinum for my efforts. I knew Orc Slayer weeks ahead of time that it was going to be awful, and looking at it it looks like a game out of the mid - late 1990s than a recent indie title. Chex Quest (FPS that was offered in Chex cereal boxes that had a rip off interface from the original Doom) was more fun than Orc Slayer.

Edited by Spaz

• 2 weeks later...

Not a hard choice here, and this is the only thread on PSNP where my platinum for Motorcycle Club deserves any mention, because it is no doubt my worst platinum to date. Usually I love racing games, so I continued quite far with this game, with a small hope for improvement later... but no, there wasn't. The AI are incapable of providing any competition, often I am laps and minutes ahead, and the difference between the beginner and final championships are zero... bad controls too, and the game teaches nothing at the start. Very boring, terrible game! How did I get through this rubbish? Well, nevermind continuing so far, I shouldn't have even bought it... but because I'd got so far, I didn't want to leave it... however, I knew I could get the platinum quite painlessly if I just race sometimes, when I don't want to play anything too hard, and I could just relax while I was minutes ahead of everyone in 1st... it took a while, but eventually I got the platinum, then deleted the game.

Remember Me

Real cool story and concept. Terrible combat that was incredibly unresponsive and somewhat buggy. Got to a point where a three button combo, over and over again was all you needed. Between boredom and bugs and not being responsive, it was an unpleasant experience. 

Story was the only saving grace. 

Psycho Pass: Mandatory Happiness was not the VN I expected it to be. I feel like if I had watched the anime beforehand I may have liked it more but it really was a bore. I didn't really connect with any of the characters and the repetitive mini game was enough for me to regret spending 39.99 on it. 

• Like 1